Economic Patriotism

dogtowner

Staff member
Obama is running a new commercial in which he calls for this

here are the four points being offered as his plan. lets take a look at them shall we ?

First, we create a million new manufacturing jobs and help businesses double their exports. Give tax breaks to companies that invest in America, not that ship jobs overseas.

If he didn't create any of the millionS of jobs promised before, why has he been sitting on this "new" means to do only a million til now ? And doesn't he poo poo the tax breaks he's currently giving the oil companies ?

Second, we cut our oil imports in half and produce more American-made energy, oil, clean-coal, natural gas, and new resources like wind, solar and bio-fuels—all while doubling the fuel efficiencies of cars and trucks.

Well I have to laugh at his suggesting INCREASING energy production given his actions these last four years.

Third, we insure that we maintain the best workforce in the world by preparing 100,000 additional math and science teachers. Training 2 million Americans with the job skills they need at our community colleges. Cutting the growth of tuition in half and expanding student aid so more Americans can afford it.

Is this an admission that the union run teaching industry (Big Chalk ?) is a failure ? Wouldn't be easier to eliminate it ? And if the students don't wish to learn, then what ? And how, pray tell, do you cut tuition in half ? Fire professors ? Eliminate sports ? Oh wait, perhaps it to nationalize higher education and just subsidize it ! Thanks but no.

Fourth, a balanced plan to reduce our deficit by four trillion dollars over the next decade on top of the trillion in spending we've already cut, I'd ask the wealthy to pay a little more. And as we end the war in Afghanistan let's apply half the savings to pay down our debt and use the rest for some nation building right here at home.

If we're borrowing the money to pay for Afghanistan and you want to continue to borrow half that sum you cannot possibly pay the deficit down.

You would have to take about half the income of the wealthy to obtain 4 trillion over ten years and do you really think that this would not have a negative impact on growth here not to mention driving the wealthy to have their wealth elsewhere ? This is a plan ? This is a joke and a poor one.

He concludes

It's time for a new economic patriotism. Rooted in the belief that growing our economy begins with a strong, thriving middle class. Read my plan. Compare it to Governor Romney's and decide for yourself.

well considering the devastating impact his policies have had on the middle class one has to wonder just who he's trying to fool.

Werbung:
Allow me to translate :

1. We're going to pretend that the concept of "opportunity cost" doesn't exist and we're going to crash the dollar. We're going to subsidize those who make poor decisions with their money.

2. We're going to at least double the price of your gasoline, invest in boondoggles, and ask car manufacturers to rewrite the laws of Physics.

3. We're still going to pretend that such a thing as a Liberal Arts education doesn't exist. We're going to stick more people with toxic student loan debt by ensuring that tuition rates still rise unreasonably and then trying to convince them that our aid is a good deal.

4. We're still going to spend beyond your means and we're going to make sure that the only people who might create something want to leave the country. We're going to keep fewer soldiers in Afghanistan so they're easier for the enemy to kill. We're going to build our nation the same way we built Afghanistan.

Did I miss anything?

Allow me to translate :

1. We're going to pretend that the concept of "opportunity cost" doesn't exist and we're going to crash the dollar. We're going to subsidize those who make poor decisions with their money.

2. We're going to at least double the price of your gasoline, invest in boondoggles, and ask car manufacturers to rewrite the laws of Physics.

3. We're still going to pretend that such a thing as a Liberal Arts education doesn't exist. We're going to stick more people with toxic student loan debt by ensuring that tuition rates still rise unreasonably and then trying to convince them that our aid is a good deal.

4. We're still going to spend beyond your means and we're going to make sure that the only people who might create something want to leave the country. We're going to keep fewer soldiers in Afghanistan so they're easier for the enemy to kill. We're going to build our nation the same way we built Afghanistan.

Did I miss anything?

only that its all GOOD

Ross Perot; "The last thing I ever want to see is our country taken over because we're so financially weak, we can't do anything,"

.....omewhat ominously, he warns that another country could establish supremacy over the United States if it continues to go deeper and deeper into debt.

Ross Perot; "The last thing I ever want to see is our country taken over because we're so financially weak, we can't do anything,"

.....omewhat ominously, he warns that another country could establish supremacy over the United States if it continues to go deeper and deeper into debt.

Perot is one to speak. Did you ever wonder why he only ran when Clinton was running?

probably not that it will do anything but drive down revenue.

Yes it most certainly will not have the effect of significantly increasing revenue to the treasury, because the wealthy and producers will leave the country or go underground. Why is it that the Left fails to understand this?

If we could return to free market capitalism, our economy would explode and generate tons of jobs and revenue to the treasury. The Left has so effectively demonized supply side economics, this will not happen.

When ignorance is allowed to survive and thrive, the people suffer.

Werbung:

well the GOOD news is that China iwsn't buying our debt anymore, Ben Bernanke is !

thats kind of the reason he's in QE forever now, nobody else wants truckloads of t-bills.

Back