Edwards called the war on terror a "bumper sticker" slogan

We choose who we want as enemies.

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I'm sure that when the British and the French showed up at Versailles after WWI intent on being harsh on the German Empire they were thinking to themselves, "We totally want to create the Nazis!"

Werbung:
Around about 1798 most Americans did.

Several. All of which we later unilaterally revised or eventually outright broke. That's not the point, though.

The point is that both were considered enemies before the Muslims. I'm not sure why it matters, really, but there it is.

I said enemies, not former enemies. MARK

I said enemies, not former enemies. MARK

So in other words, whenever we're in disagreement with group of people, we can dredge up old history to make it seem more...what, epic?

Let's not forget that we've been on the same side with these people in the past. Were the Muslims our "oldest enemies" when they rose up in rebellion against the Ottoman Empire in WWI?

So in other words, whenever we're in disagreement with group of people, we can dredge up old history to make it seem more...what, epic?

"Oldest". Although, this war against the Muslim who believe

that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise

does seem particuliarly "epic" when you consider that they are this nations "oldest enemies". MARK

Hmm

The people of the Middle East are Americas oldest enemys?

holy **** what do they teach kids these days.

No, not America's oldest enemies. The West's oldest enemy. Read a book for God's sake. I love how people constantly bash things I say only to find out they either misunderstood or are wrong. And the mongols didn't become enemies of Europe until the late twelfth century, if you could even really call them enemies considering they didn't invade europe, their empire didn't last very long and their empire's core was over 5,000 miles away. Cut the crap kiddies. If you guys want to engage me, don't be a bunch of silly faggots.

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. I'm sure that when the British and the French showed up at Versailles after WWI intent on being harsh on the German Empire they were thinking to themselves, "We totally want to create the Nazis!"

I think you took my statement out of context.

Why are we fighting a religion assuming that certain posters are correct? And if this is true, why does the President and his family sleep in the same bed with the Saudi royals and their chief financing families?

Why are we fighting a religion assuming that certain posters are correct? And if this is true, why does the President and his family sleep in the same bed with the Saudi royals and their chief financing families?

We are fighting people, motivated by a particuliar brand of religion. The Saudis have been fighting them as well since the 20s. MARK

Werbung:
Back