EEStor V. Big Oil

sarah

The newest threat to the oil industry has come in the form of a new technology. A new engine to be exact... Non-combustion and non-oil using, this new invention was granted a patent in April, and is now poised on the brink of trying to overturn what is one of the most powerful and largest industries in the world... big oil.
I think personally that if this technology works as well as it is believed to, and is usable in day-to-day life the oil industry is in some serious trouble.

I want to ask those of you with more business knowledge than me what your take is on this new technology... is it really as big of a threat to big oil as I think it may be?
Here is the link to the article I read:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/15/technology/disruptors_eestor.biz2/index.htm

Werbung:
I'm not big on business but from what I read it sounds like it could hurt the oil industry. Now I'm left to wondering if the government will allow it in the near future. Sorry, but sometimes I get the feeling they like us needing the oil so bad. I mean they seen this oil shortage coming and they have just not spent the time or resources into looking for alternatives. Just my take on the situation.

Werbung:
I am willing to state with come certainty that the government (American) has nothing but love for big oil. They have no problem with our current dependence on oil, and I have a feeling they will not like this new development. It makes me wonder how long they might have been keeping it under wraps in order to keep the oil business booming.

Back