Election Demographics

Libsmasher

95% of African Americans, 66% of Latinos, and 61% of Asian Americans voted for Obama.

Obama only received 41% of the White male vote (vs. 57% for McCain) and 46% of the White female vote (vs. 53% for McCain).

(I got this from a site whose link I lost - sorry.)

I'm guessing this must be the first time that the majority of white people were not on the winning side of a presidential election. Notice that the non-white vote was overwhelmingly for obama, and certainly won the election for him.

The support of asians for obama is puzzling - they are as a group very hard working, and probably proportionately the most harmed by "affirmative action".

I think one thing the hispanic vote shows is that supporting the illegal alien invasion won't win you their vote. Future GOP candidates should note that that only alienates white voters who would otherwise vote for them. McCain was a full-fledged supporter of illegal aliens - more evidence that the the next republican candidate needs to be a conservative, not a RINO.

Werbung:
95% of African Americans, 66% of Latinos, and 61% of Asian Americans voted for Obama.

Obama only received 41% of the White male vote (vs. 57% for McCain) and 46% of the White female vote (vs. 53% for McCain).

I'm guessing this must be the first time that the majority of white people were not on the winning side of a presidential election. Notice that the non-white vote was overwhelmingly for obama, and certainly won the election for him.

The support of asians for obama is puzzling - they are as a group very hard working, and probably proportionately the most harmed by "affirmative action".

I think one thing the hispanic vote shows is that supporting the illegal alien invasion won't win you their vote. Future GOP candidates should note that that only alienates white voters who would otherwise vote for them. McCain was a full-fledged supporter of illegal aliens - more evidence that the the next republican candidate needs to be a conservative, not a RINO.

Your statistics are correct, but your assumptions are completely innacurate. Here is a quote from politico.com, who tracked exit polls.

"Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks.

Obama became the first Democrat to also win a majority since Jimmy Carter with the near-unanimous backing of blacks and the overwhelming support of youth as well as significant inroads with white men and strong support among Hispanics and educated voters.

The Illinois senator won 43 percent of white voters, 4 percentage points below Carter’s performance in 1976 and equal to what Bill Clinton won in the three-man race of 1996. Republican John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote.

So, the only change in this demographic is an upward positive spin TOWARD the Democratic candidate. In recent history, most whites vote Republican. The fact that he got this many votes from whites is actually a positive change for Obama.

There's rampant racism with this figure...where's the outcry?

I don't think it's racist to vote FOR someone like yourself. They have never had his opportunity. I can guarantee that if a Hispanic person or a Jewish person was in that same position, there would be equally disproportionate numbers voting for their candidate. Also, keep in mind that when Bush ran against Kerry in 2004, Kerry received 91% of the black vote, so this is not a huge deal.

There's rampant racism with this figure...where's the outcry?
Though the figure or its presentation certainly isn't racism, and thus no outcry, real or sarcastic, is appropriate, the statistic itself does most certainly implicate racial allegiance.

Racial allegiance is real, and discrimination is simply an example of the natural mental functions of sensation, perception, differentiation, conception and cognition ... at the tribal level.

African Americans are more prone to this situational type of discrimination simply because they have been in adversity throughout American history and have found that there is defensive strength in numbers.

Euopean Americans don't exhibit this kind of discrimination as much ... yet ... because they have historically been the inflictors of adversity, not the recipients.

In time, we shall see how things may change.

Hopefully, all will just even out without additional attrocity.

Your statistics are correct, but your assumptions are completely innacurate. Here is a quote from politico.com, who tracked exit polls.

"Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks.

Obama became the first Democrat to also win a majority since Jimmy Carter with the near-unanimous backing of blacks and the overwhelming support of youth as well as significant inroads with white men and strong support among Hispanics and educated voters.

The Illinois senator won 43 percent of white voters, 4 percentage points below Carter’s performance in 1976 and equal to what Bill Clinton won in the three-man race of 1996. Republican John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote.

So, the only change in this demographic is an upward positive spin TOWARD the Democratic candidate. In recent history, most whites vote Republican. The fact that he got this many votes from whites is actually a positive change for Obama.

You basically ignored what I said - whether a republican or democrat wins, he's always got the backing of the white majority. This election marks a sea change based strongly on demographics - the candidate of the majority of whites lost, the candidate of majority of non-whites, the non-assimilated, the leftwing extremists, and the muslims won. The people who founded this country, ie white people, are seeing it slip away to a group which collectively has a far different vision of this country than that of it's traditional ideas and values.

You basically ignored what I said - whether a republican or democrat wins, he's always got the backing of the white majority. This election marks a sea change based strongly on demographics - the candidate of the majority of whites lost, the candidate of majority of non-whites, the non-assimilated, the leftwing extremists, and the muslims won. The people who founded this country, ie white people, are seeing it slip away to a group which collectively has a far different vision of this country than that of it's traditional ideas and values.

Ooooooh....how incredibly scary that must be for you, Libsmasher!

But actually, Clinton received less of the white vote than Obama did, statistically. I didn't see Armageddon happen.

Ooooooh....how incredibly scary that must be for you, Libsmasher!

But actually, Clinton received less of the white vote than Obama did, statistically. I didn't see Armageddon happen.

Obama and Clinton weren't a presidential election, einstein. Are you capable of ANY serious thought, or is it just your dimwitted chick emotions and your silly ass blue letters? :D

Obama and Clinton weren't a presidential election, einstein. Are you capable of ANY serious thought, or is it just your dimwitted chick emotions and your silly ass blue letters? :D

My dear rude, insecure little man:

I'll write this slowly, in terms that you can comprehend (maybe):

President Clinton ran for president. He won. (Still following me?)

He won with a lower percentage of the white vote than Obama won with. I do realize they weren't running against one another, dear.

But this smashes a hole in your proposition that the winner of this election is the first president without the majority of the white vote.

Finally, I know the thought of whites being in the minority is a huge threat to you, and I do pity you for that. I'm so sorry for you - really. :)

All this from such a dim-witted emotional chick - Geez - what IS this world coming to? So sorry you don't like the color of my posts. Seems you have a little problem with color.

My dear rude, insecure little man:

I'll write this slowly, in terms that you can comprehend (maybe):

Your cute little blue posts are so ---- feminine. :D

President Clinton ran for president. He won. (Still following me?)

He won with a lower percentage of the white vote than Obama won with. I do realize they weren't running against one another, dear.

But this smashes a hole in your proposition that the winner of this election is the first president without the majority of the white vote.

:D

Uh, actually what happened is the white vote was split THREE ways, because Ross perot ran in 92 and 96, getting over 18 percent of the popular vote in 92, and over 8 percent of the vote in 96. It is only for THAT reason that no major candidate got a majority of the white vote - a strong third party challenge that hadn't occurred in the US for many years. Gosh, are all these facts overloading your female brain? :)

All this from such a dim-witted emotional chick - Geez - what IS this world coming to?

"Dimwitted"? Yep - I'll have to agree. :rolleyes:

Libsmasher: Thanks, I do enjoy being feminine, especially when it unnerves insecure men.

I'm hardly dim-witted. Been accused of being a lot of things in my life, but being dim-witted has never been one of them. Not sure about you though. I understand that it was a 3 way race with Clinton, but it was your contention that there has been no president elected that did not have the majority of the white vote. I proved you wrong, and you are unwilling to deal with it.

Actually, who cares anyway, as it is really meaningless. The fact is, regardless of demographics, he is our elected president, so you'll just have to continue sulking and taking ridiculous swipes. And, our demographics are rapidly changing, as is the case in many countries. Sorry you feel so threatened by that. It's kind of scary being a minority, isn't it?

One thing though, I realized you had issues with minorities for some reason, but what is your issue with women? Did your mommy walk out on you? Did your Dad walk out and you blame your Mommy? Poor thing. A good game of dodge ball should get that anger out. :)

By the way - I thought blue was a "boy" color?

It was the educated middle to upper middle class and college kids who drank the kool-aid that put Nobama over the top. Look at all the red on this county election map and that idiot one still won. What's up with the hole in Colorado?

2008_Election_Map50.jpg

Werbung:
It was the educated middle to upper middle class and college kids who drank the kool-aid that put Nobama over the top. Look at all the red on this county election map and that idiot one still won. What's up with the hole in Colorado?

2008_Election_Map50.jpg

When land counts as votes that map might be relevant. Most of those red counties lack any real concentration of people. If you size a 2008 electoral map based on population, this is the way it looks..

statepopredblue512.png

My,my your kind are getting squeezed aren't ya?

Back