Eliminating Government Unions..It's about time

nobull

If adopted, the move would mark a dramatic shift for Wisconsin, which passed a comprehensive collective bargaining law in 1959 and was the birthplace of the national union representing all non-federal public employees.

In addition to eliminating collective bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls “modest” compared with those in the private sector.

“I’m fighting for my home and my career,” said Virginia Welle, a 30-year-old teacher at Chippewa Falls High School. She said she and her husband, who also is a teacher, each stand to lose $5,000 a year in higher pension and health care contributions.

Welle said she never could get that money back since the unions would be unable to bargain over benefits under Walker’s plan.

IMO...Two things here… this legislation only applies to PUBLIC unions… unions that should never have existed in the first place since they are designed to perpetuate a vicious cycle of higher taxes and political payoffs.

Secondly, I have to say to poor Virginia…. too damn bad on 5 grand! Where do you think that 5 grand comes from… the sky? No damn it! It comes from your neighbor’s pocket… from the sweat of THEIR brow… from their labor, from the time out of their lives to earn their property. That’s where all that money comes from, and it’s about damn time the taxpayers stopped getting raped.

regards
doug

Werbung:
yes, to damn bad about that 5 grand...I mean all she ever did was...teach a bunch of kids most of the things they will need in life to get a job, and a resource for parents to send there kids while they work...That ungrateful *****...

whats telling is this

Republicans cry about the poor Millionaires who need less taxes on them...but kick the people who make a starting wage of 25000 a year, and over time can get up to a average of 46000...

I hope all the republicans quit there job and home school there kids...since they don't see any value in actually paying for education. And grab a shovel, after all, you can't stand that we actually pay those guys who plowed all the roads that without them, the State would be shut down for 4 months a year to traffic.

When it comes to the working middle class...republican ideas are...if we lose 200,000 jobs...so be it...if they lose 5000 a year , who cares....

Vote for me, I hate teachers and wish they all where on welfare...vote republican.

Remember how they changed the "crate jobs" to "create or save jobs" ?

What they should have said was "delay the loss of jobs" when talking about the porkulous. All tat money ever did was delay the inevitable, we cannot afford them at the existing rates. Simple as that. Funny thing here in the General Assembly, they triwed to pass a bill that would limit the amount of money that could be spent NOT in the schools themselves, n odice. So they tried just SAYING what percentage that is, again no dice. Perhaps we're spending plenty enough just on the wrong things ? Don't get my step-mom (retired teacher) going on that one unless you have an hours to hear her rant. It drove MANY good teachers out of teaching in disgust.

One can bemoan the teachers pay scale (while ignoring the benefits side of the compensation package) but the fact of the matter is, unions NEGOTIATED those lousy salaries that the union members pay so dearly for. Perhaps they would be better off if left to their own negotiation ?

And besides all Wisc wants is an end to PENSION collective bargaining, not everything.

Teachers salaries are not lousy or low. They are higher than comparable salaries in the private sector and the benefits package makes them so much sweeter.

Teachers salaries are not lousy or low. They are higher than comparable salaries in the private sector and the benefits package makes them so much sweeter.

Dont confuse the left with the facts Doc. Public salaries on average are double the private sector as we all know.

They need to sic the german shepherds on those overpaid deadbeats. :D Break out the cattle prods.

One of the first thing that Hitler did when he assumed power was ban unions.

On the 23rd of March 1993 , the Reichstag passed the Enabling Act which turned Germany into a dictatorship.

On On 2 May 1993, stormtroopers ransacked and destroyed every trade union office in the country.

Such is the company of those who rejoice in the destruction of unions.

Comrade Stalin

Comrade Stalin

On the 23rd of March 1993 , the Reichstag passed the Enabling Act which turned Germany into a dictatorship.

On On 2 May 1993, stormtroopers ransacked and destroyed every trade union office in the country.

Such is the company of those who rejoice in the destruction of unions.

Comrade Stalin

Comrade Stalin

And your scumbag idol Uncle Joe, he was a union man right?

More foolishness.

If adopted, the move would mark a dramatic shift for Wisconsin, which passed a comprehensive collective bargaining law in 1959 and was the birthplace of the national union representing all non-federal public employees.

In addition to eliminating collective bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls “modest” compared with those in the private sector.

“I’m fighting for my home and my career,” said Virginia Welle, a 30-year-old teacher at Chippewa Falls High School. She said she and her husband, who also is a teacher, each stand to lose $5,000 a year in higher pension and health care contributions.

Welle said she never could get that money back since the unions would be unable to bargain over benefits under Walker’s plan.

IMO...Two things here… this legislation only applies to PUBLIC unions… unions that should never have existed in the first place since they are designed to perpetuate a vicious cycle of higher taxes and political payoffs.

Secondly, I have to say to poor Virginia…. too damn bad on 5 grand! Where do you think that 5 grand comes from… the sky? No damn it! It comes from your neighbor’s pocket… from the sweat of THEIR brow… from their labor, from the time out of their lives to earn their property. That’s where all that money comes from, and it’s about damn time the taxpayers stopped getting raped.

regards
doug

The unions said that they would agree to paying 1/2 of the healthcare costs, so that point is moot.

Also, if you think that by taking all this away from them is going to put money back in the pockets of the average tax payer, you're wrong. The tax cuts he signed earlier (which caused the budget deficit to begin with, Wisconsin was in a surplus) only apply to businesses, and only delay the taxes (not perminately reduces them, so they cannot pass the savings on to employees).

So the money that would be taken from the government workers, isn't going to private sector workers who are struggling to make ends meet, but to businesses.

Hooray for cutting schools so some businesses can get 3 years of TAX FREE benefits.

The bankrupting of the US by greedy government teachers, while they drive US educational standards not only below the levels of industrialized countries, but also some third world ones, has to end.

If a group of people want to band together to increase their bargaining power the constitutional right of freedom of association should permit it. No government should be able to ban a union.

Neither should a government promote one. Government is not supposed to be in the business of picking winners and losers. As soon as that happens it will always pick the one who donates more to political campaigns. As if we don't see that happening everyday.

Speaking of promoting unions...who suspects that the bargaining rights these unions are allegedly losing are really nothing more than special laws that promote unions at the expense of management? Wouldn't eliminating "bargaining rights" merely be returning to a state of neutrality?

Unions should be able to represent the members who freely join based on the power of the group, but without any special laws that show favoritism.

The unions said that they would agree to paying 1/2 of the healthcare costs, so that point is moot.

Also, if you think that by taking all this away from them is going to put money back in the pockets of the average tax payer, you're wrong. The tax cuts he signed earlier (which caused the budget deficit to begin with, Wisconsin was in a surplus) only apply to businesses, and only delay the taxes (not perminately reduces them, so they cannot pass the savings on to employees).

So the money that would be taken from the government workers, isn't going to private sector workers who are struggling to make ends meet, but to businesses.

Hooray for cutting schools so some businesses can get 3 years of TAX FREE benefits.

OrEle, welcome aboard:)

The article I read said that the unions agreed to increase health care contributions IF the gov did not restrict collective bargaining rights. It would seem that his stance is creating an advantage in negotiations.

I would like to hear more about these tax cuts you oppose. Do you have any links? I suspect that the tax cuts would be good for the budget and would increase freedoms. I also suspect that they would be passed on as I see no reason that cuts could not be passed on immediately and then not passed on as soon as they expire. But I could know more with more information.

The bankrupting of the US by greedy government teachers, while they drive US educational standards not only below the levels of industrialized countries, but also some third world ones, has to end.

A teacher is not the same as a teacher's union. Many teachers do so because they love to teach, they are passionate about what they do, they work overtime regularly, they use their own money to do their job, and they do it well. Many of them do not even want to be in a union but have no choice but to join and to pay dues that largely go to political campaigns they would rather not fund.

Some of the faults with the US educational system are clearly the fault of unions, a minority the result of bad teachers, and a whole lot the result of whole neighborhoods in inner cities where seemingly none of the parents has the skills or interest to make sure that their own kids learn to even read much less excel.

Werbung:
Back