Empire State Building Plane Crash 1945

Werbung:
History definitely repeats. Why didn't we do that much about this one like we did for 9/11? Why didn't it collapse like the twin towers? Kind of makes you think right?

While I guess history does have a way of repeating itself, I think this and what happened with the twin towers is different as @dogtowner says, the construction of the building isn't the same for a start.

I get why it didn't collapse being that the structure is different, but nobody went to war over this. Nobody retaliated over this. It's not in the history books. This event just got forgotten. My point is why is this one less significant than the twin towers on 9/11?

Did you even watch the video? It was a pilot that took the wrong route due to fog, it wasn't a terrorist attack. Who was their to go to war with, and who was there to retaliate against?

It was just an accident as far as I see, unless there's a conspiracy theorist around that wants to start something off again?

My point is, how do we know that it wasn't an attack? Because they said so. When the planes hit the twin towers, they thought that this was an accident at first too. I'm just saying that it's something to think about. The Empire State building is an important venue in the American fabric, so why do we automatically dismiss that this "accident" happened. Maybe we should stop writing everything off as accidents and finding a way to fix the issues that these pilots obviously have.

I'm not dismissing that it actually happened, the news is there in black and white (literally)

Maybe we should stop pretending that accidents don't happen in the world, and just maybe realise that not everything that happens is a terrorist attack or needs over analysing by conspiracy theorists.

I started this off by just saying that history repeats itself. I didn't really mean for it to be that much of a debate, but I see I touched a couple of nerves, so I'm going to back away from this conversation. I realize that people are extremely sensitive about 9/11, so I'm out because I really don't care enough to keep arguing the point.

But we all agreed that history does repeat itself, it's what you said afterwards that caused the debate. Why didn't we go to war over this? Why didn't we retaliate to this?

All inflammatory comments that are going to cause a debate on a topic like this, that's all people are saying.

Werbung:
You are the only one who seemed to be getting sensitive over the subject, so I don't think you should use people in that statement. I think that's all you were saying because I wasn't really debating with anybody else. I really wrote that to start the debate, but then it seemed like you were getting upset, so that's why I backed off. It is what it is in my eyes. I really could care less about this topic. I just wanted to get you talking, and I obviously succeeded at that.

Back