1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Empire State Building Plane Crash 1945

Discussion in 'Historical Events & Figures' started by Walter, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

In 1945, a bomber in fog crashed into the 78th and 79th stores of the Empire State Building. Thirteen died.

See the historic report:

2. nailah783

nailah783 Member

History definitely repeats. Why didn't we do that much about this one like we did for 9/11? Why didn't it collapse like the twin towers? Kind of makes you think right?

3. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

No. Vastly different construction.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I guess history does have a way of repeating itself, I think this and what happened with the twin towers is different as @dogtowner says, the construction of the building isn't the same for a start.

5. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I get why it didn't collapse being that the structure is different, but nobody went to war over this. Nobody retaliated over this. It's not in the history books. This event just got forgotten. My point is why is this one less significant than the twin towers on 9/11?

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Did you even watch the video? It was a pilot that took the wrong route due to fog, it wasn't a terrorist attack. Who was their to go to war with, and who was there to retaliate against?

It was just an accident as far as I see, unless there's a conspiracy theorist around that wants to start something off again?

7. nailah783

nailah783 Member

My point is, how do we know that it wasn't an attack? Because they said so. When the planes hit the twin towers, they thought that this was an accident at first too. I'm just saying that it's something to think about. The Empire State building is an important venue in the American fabric, so why do we automatically dismiss that this "accident" happened. Maybe we should stop writing everything off as accidents and finding a way to fix the issues that these pilots obviously have.

8. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

One event building (s) fall diwn, other it doesn't. A significant difference. And I believe ESB has been hit more than once.

pwarbi likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm not dismissing that it actually happened, the news is there in black and white (literally)

Maybe we should stop pretending that accidents don't happen in the world, and just maybe realise that not everything that happens is a terrorist attack or needs over analysing by conspiracy theorists.

10. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I started this off by just saying that history repeats itself. I didn't really mean for it to be that much of a debate, but I see I touched a couple of nerves, so I'm going to back away from this conversation. I realize that people are extremely sensitive about 9/11, so I'm out because I really don't care enough to keep arguing the point.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

But we all agreed that history does repeat itself, it's what you said afterwards that caused the debate. Why didn't we go to war over this? Why didn't we retaliate to this?

All inflammatory comments that are going to cause a debate on a topic like this, that's all people are saying.

12. nailah783

nailah783 Member

You are the only one who seemed to be getting sensitive over the subject, so I don't think you should use people in that statement. I think that's all you were saying because I wasn't really debating with anybody else. I really wrote that to start the debate, but then it seemed like you were getting upset, so that's why I backed off. It is what it is in my eyes. I really could care less about this topic. I just wanted to get you talking, and I obviously succeeded at that.