ENFORCE the Law Act

GBFan

Rep. Trey Gowdy, the Republican congressman from South Carolina’s 4th District, delivered a rousing speech Wednesday on the House floor concerning the enforcement of federal laws.

Gowdy spoke in support of the ENFORCE the Law Act, which passed the House Wednesday.

“Maybe we [members of Congress] would be more respected, if we had a firmly rooted expectation that when we pass something as law it be treated as law,” Gowdy declared on the House floor.

The representative from South Carolina also knocked Obama’s selective enforcement of federal law.

“Mr. Speaker, the House of Representatives does not exist to pass suggestions, we do not exist to pass ideas, we make law,” Gowdy said. “And while you are free to stand and clap, when any president comes into this hallow chamber and promises to do it with or without your; I will never stand and clap. When any presidents, whether it’s your party or mine, promises to make us an anomaly, an afterthought; I will never stand and clap.”

Werbung:
Hes right and hes wrong, the house can write laws but they cant pass them, It takes 3 branchs to pass laws.
Hes wrong when he says the house doesnt make suggestions, thats exactly what they do when they "PROPOSE" a law the same as when the Senate does. Thats why whenever each drafts a new law or a change in law, its sent to the opposite chamber, where it sits, dies, gets voted down or approved if approved it goes off the president.
If the house could pass laws by itself. The first Ryan budget would have passed, that destroyed social security, medicare and medicaid and in turn given only the top 2% a huge 27% tax decrease from 35% to 25% tax rate.

It takes 3 branchs to pass laws.
LMAO .....

Tell that to King Obama and his "pen"!
If the house could pass laws by itself. The first Ryan budget would have passed, that destroyed social security, medicare and medicaid and in turn given only the top 2% a huge 27% tax decrease from 35% to 25% tax rate.
So ... even though the first Ryan budget didn't pass it still "destroyed social security, medicare and medicaid and in turn given only the top 2% a huge 27% tax decrease from 35% to 25% tax rate" How does that work ....

Liberals .... Go Figure.

LMAO .....

Tell that to King Obama and his "pen"!

So ... even though the first Ryan budget didn't pass it still "destroyed social security, medicare and medicaid and in turn given only the top 2% a huge 27% tax decrease from 35% to 25% tax rate" How does that work ....

Liberals .... Go Figure.

That all you have, ah nvm your from texas splains it all.

Youre a legend in your own mind, but thats a texass thang. I can see avoidance is the best way to discuss anything with you, since you lack the capacity to defend your position. Take care :)

Werbung:
Good for Trey....probably nothing will come of it, even though some Dems signed on to it, but he might as well use his time to put it out there.

I hope come 2016 that we get both the WH and the full congress and give it back to the Dems in spades what they have done over these past years.

Back