Evil Side of Gnostic Thinking

Jason76

http://www.goodfight.org/a_co_twilight_harrypotter.html

Like ancient Gnosticism, Mormonism has taught that Adam’s disobedience to God and obedience to Satan opened not only his eyes, but his potential to realize "God consciousness" and true joy. Such teaching, which makes the serpent a savior, is reflected in the Mormon Scriptures written in the 19thcentury, "And in that day Adam blessed God... saying... for because of my transgression my eyes are opened and in this life I shall have joy." (Pearl of Great Price, Book of Moses 5:10-11), and "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." (The Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:22-25)

I'm not saying I agree with everything on the website, but looking at this little section reveals much about Mormonism and Gnosticism. Anyhow, the poster Gnostic Christian Bishop has used the term gnostic quite a bit, but I think many on the forum may know little about the term. Obviously, gnosticism is nothing more than a form of Satanism, not athiesm, as it teaches man can become a God, which is Satan's main teaching.

Note, we also saw this lie come about in the Nazi movement which taught men could strive to be super-human. Of course, we all know the result of that movement.

Werbung:
At first I was thinking he was promoting atheism. However, he's possibly promoting something even worse. Basically, the idea that man is his own god is insane thinking.

http://www.goodfight.org/a_co_twilight_harrypotter.html

I'm not saying I agree with everything on the website, but looking at this little section reveals much about Mormonism and Gnosticism. Anyhow, the poster Gnostic Christian Bishop has used the term gnostic quite a bit, but I think many on the forum may know little about the term. Obviously, gnosticism is nothing more than a form of Satanism, not athiesm, as it teaches man can become a God, which is Satan's main teaching.

Note, we also saw this lie come about in the Nazi movement which taught men could strive to be super-human. Of course, we all know the result of that movement.

What is Jesus' main teaching with these quotes?

Gnostic Christianity follows more of the Jewish thinking of the ancients than what Christianity thought and altered after the usurped the Jewish God and tradition.

You have certainly tried to demonize me here, a rather Christian trait, and quite ugly as nowhere that I know of does our literature even speak of a Satan in any real terms. We know our scriptures are myth while some less intelligent people think Christian scriptures are not myths.

But I do not mind playing as if your myths are real. They are easier to debunk that way. Especially the Christian view of Eden, which Christianity has screwed up badly.

To begin, if we are to get anywhere in this thread, tell us why Christianity took the Jewish moral of the story of Eden as our elevation, --- and changed it to a fall.

While thinking of Eden, tell us why God put Satan right there beside Eve and in his most important tree. Also tell us if it was his most important tree or if the tree of life was.

Here is the Jewish view that Christianity reversed.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/20/comparative-theodicy/

Regards
DL

At first I was thinking he was promoting atheism. However, he's possibly promoting something even worse. Basically, the idea that man is his own god is insane thinking.

Your definition of our definition of God is not accurate.

Let me try to describe it for you. Let me explain using Christian and Jewish myths.

Adam and Eve became as Gods when they gained a moral sense and no longer had their mind cut off from intelligent thought. As our primordial ancestors, we inherit that same trait even though Christianity wrongly thinks that to be evil and a fall. Retaining dominion over the earth, humans never revoked this inherited trait of a moral sense, --- and the right for man to judge himself. Jesus highlights this when he took the seat of judgement at God’s right hand.

When I use terms like “I am God”, or “you are God”, I am not speaking of the traditional miracle working God of scriptures and myths. He does not exist as far as we can know as he has never made an appearance to prove his reality.

What I am trying to convey to you by saying that you are a God in your own right is to be master of yourself and you need not be a sheep. You can, as Jesus says, pick up your burdens and responsibilities for your sins and follow his mind set. Be a shepherd. Lead by example.

What I am trying to convey is that the only God you can ever know is the good you find within yourself. It's your ideal of God and of the Jesus or Christ mind. That is quite different from me or someone thinking they are the traditional creator God, or thinking that they are more than anyone else. Both Jesus and the Christ in these myths are for equality. Not the misogyny that we presently enjoy. That is another topic though. We are to be co-equal with Jesus.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus would explain this concept as one just seeing that they have joined God’s Divine Council by embracing his own Christ mind. Or better said, as this is the more eastern Jesus, we activate our pineal gland and open our third eye.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Council

Regards
DL

I think we all had that guy's number.

I doubt that most here have a clue to what Gnostic Christianity is all about.

Jason sure does not.

Here are a couple of things that must be understood if you are to even have an inkling of what Gnostic Christianity is all about.

Regards
DL

In response to Gnostic Christian Bishop, man lacks the moral compass to be his own god. That's why he has to bow down to god. That's the whole point. On the other hand, Satan spread the lie that man is on a voyage of "self discovery" where he learns to be his own God based on his own moral compass.

The history of the world, and the many failings of individuals on a personal level all point to the fact humans have a faulty moral compass.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Right, but only by bowing down to God with humility can someone discover that "inner God". That's why people go to traditional churches and whatnot.

Last edited:
In response to Gnostic Christian Bishop, man lacks the moral compass to be his own god. That's why he has to bow down to god. That's the whole point. On the other hand, Satan spread the lie that man is on a voyage of "self discovery" where he learns to be his own God based on his own moral compass.

The history of the world, and the many failings of individuals on a personal level all point to the fact humans have a faulty moral compass.

Yet secular law has bested biblical law to the point where no sane Christian is advocating biblical law as the law of the land.

Seems that the vast majority of Christians do not agree with you.

Christianity is a late comer to morality as you can see their 10 commandments in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Please stop making ridiculous comments that just take away from our main discussion.

Regards
DL

Yet secular law has bested biblical law to the point where no sane Christian is advocating biblical law as the law of the land.

Seems that the vast majority of Christians do not agree with you.

Christianity is a late comer to morality as you can see their 10 commandments in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Please stop making ridiculous comments that just take away from our main discussion.

Regards
DL

Of course people truly bowing down to God totally isn't popular nowadays. Nonetheless, using the example of the "Nazi Master Race" theory as one, we can see that humanism, though it means well, can devolve into something horrible. Again, because the moral compass of a person's hearty is faulty.

Of course people truly bowing down to God totally isn't popular nowadays. Nonetheless, using the example of the "Nazi Master Race" theory as one, we can see that humanism, though it means well, can devolve into something horrible. Again, because the moral compass of a person's hearty is faulty.

Bow down to which of the many Christian versions of God are you promoting?
The one who embraces gays or one of the ones who thinks his creations abominations?

As to a Master Race, again you try to demonise us with such garbage notions. If you continue such garbge, I will ignore you.

What master race. Gnostic Christianity is a Universalist tradition. All of us are in the Master Race. Better said, we are all in the Master species on earth.

Equality for is a Gnostic Christian staple that we have tied to righteousness.
That is equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. We are far from being communistic.

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

Regards
DL

What master race. Gnostic Christianity is a Universalist tradition. All of us are in the Master Race. Better said, we are all in the Master species on earth.

Equality for is a Gnostic Christian staple that we have tied to righteousness.
That is equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. We are far from being communistic.

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

Regards
DL

Due to man's faulty moral compass, many would say one race is better than another and seek to improve the world by exalting the so called "superior". As I was saying, man's faulty moral compass won't let many see the world in the inclusive way you see it. Of course, man doesn't have to be divided by race, but also by culture or nationality. Ideally it shouldn't be this way, but it seems to be the case thru much of history, and in the present day.

Due to man's faulty moral compass, many would say one race is better than another and seek to improve the world by exalting the so called "superior". As I was saying, man's faulty moral compass won't let many see the world in the inclusive way you see it. Of course, man doesn't have to be divided by race, but also by culture or nationality. Ideally it shouldn't be this way, but it seems to be the case thru much of history.

I have shown that there is nothing wrong with secular man's moral compass.

Get your proof or evidence or admit that you are wrong. You repeating the same lie without dealing with the evidence I gave will make this a really short discussion.

I do not ignore your posts and speak to them. You do as you cannot refute anything and just return with the same lie.

Get better or we are about done her.

What is your proof to put against mine on our moral compasses. Produce or admit your are wrong.

Regards
DL

I have shown that there is nothing wrong with secular man's moral compass.

A lot of people do bad believing they are doing right. It's been shown all thru history. In fact, name an evil leader in world history who thought what he was doing was evil. It's not like you ever see evil written in thier name, like you see with Dr. Evil on those Austin Powers films.

A lot of people do bad believing they are doing right. It's been shown all thru history. In fact, name an evil leader in world history who thought what he was doing was evil. It's not like you ever see evil written in thier name, like you see with Dr. Evil on those Austin Powers films.

All irrelevant to our discussions on the lack of morality in Christianity.

Recant on the issues instead of deflecting when you have lost an argument.

That is the intelligent and moral thing to do.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
He is just playing gotcha games much as anti theists do.
They cannot accept that there are things greater than themselves. So they try to dazzle.
Best to not feed those trolls. If you don't feed them they lose the gratification they seek and go away.

Back