1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Ex-CIA: "GET 'EM, BARAK!!!"

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

'Bout time we had a competent-person advising The President!!!

Then, again.....unlike The Idiot Son.....this isn't a President who needs his ego salved.

Yep.....the days of Cheney Cherry-Pickin' have (finally) ENDED!!

:cool:

2. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading Baer's books I must admit. He is a firm advocate of expanding our HUMINT capability, something that we are in dire need of doing. While he is correct, making public tactics that are well known will not change much, in his books he seems to advocate for retaining the ability to carry out renditions, which I also think are necessary.

Take it for what it is worth, his opinions are just one former CIA officer, but his books are good reads if anyone is interested, and do offer some pretty good insight into his line of thinking, and is pretty good at showing just how laughable our intelligence agencies have become. After reading his books it should be no surprise that the US missed the boat on multiple intelligence operations, a notable one being Iraq.

3. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I may have to check his stuff out, if for some reason I don't have some and just forgot the name lol. I have enjoyed Michael Scheuer's 3 books, ( 2 listed as anon as on my early versions of them, before it was known it was him) he was the Head of the Bin Ladin Unit for the CIA.

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Renditions are one-thing.

Extraordinary-renditions are what Dick Cheney insisted-upon!

It's time Americans were weaned from the whole Good vs. Evil Trip.....if we expect any succes, in the Middle East!

REZA ASLAN

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Let's not kid ourselves, the renditions that the US has been involved in since the Clinton years are what would be considered (by some) to be extraordinary renditions.

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

.....But, it appears The DICK; Cheney's efforts were much-more effective.

:rolleyes: