Ex-Hillary supporters ....

The first question the Hillary supporters who turned to McCain are being asked is “Aren’t you afraid Row vs. Wade will be over turned when McCain appoints conservative judges?”

That I guess is the connection.

I think most Hillary supporters are smart enough to see that McCain is about as conservative as Hillary herself so its a non issue, but its something people will try to dangle over the Hillary supporters heads trying to scare them out of supporting McCain.

That's ridiculous. McCain is anti choice, would nominate anti choice candidates for the Supreme Court. Hillary is strongly pro choice, she has fought for women's reproductive rights unfailingly, she would nominate someone with similar views. My point is, to say "McCain is about as conservative as Hillary" then to go on with it is "a non issue" shows very little understanding of the issue and makes me wonder if you've been keeping up.

Werbung:
That's ridiculous. McCain is anti choice, would nominate anti choice candidates for the Supreme Court.

Judicial candidates that would have to be confirmed by a Liberal controlled Congress... possibly with a super majority.

McCain will not be able to get anyone confirmed that Liberals don't like, thus, his "anti-choice" position is totally irrelevant.
---------------------------
Hannity repeatedly claims that McCain's choice of Judges as a reason to vote for him... as I have just outlined above, thats no reason to vote for him at all - you will be disappointed.

That's ridiculous. McCain is anti choice, would nominate anti choice candidates for the Supreme Court. Hillary is strongly pro choice, she has fought for women's reproductive rights unfailingly, she would nominate someone with similar views. My point is, to say "McCain is about as conservative as Hillary" then to go on with it is "a non issue" shows very little understanding of the issue and makes me wonder if you've been keeping up.

In 2000 McCain was interviewed and defended the fact he was personally pro life but did not think it was his place to change row vs. wade. Now he could have changed his position since then, but I have not heard that he had. Do you know of a current interview where he has become extra pro life? If you have then I want to find it because that would make me personally happy.

I think in some ways she is more conservative than he is, in other ways he is a bit more than her but not enough to measure. Either of them is a right wing nut job compared to Obama.

If he wanted conservative judges would he had lead the gang of 14 to stop Samuel Alito?

In 2000 McCain was interviewed and defended the fact he was personally pro life but did not think it was his place to change row vs. wade.

I doubt that - give a link or reference. I've followed him for a long time, and he's always been an enemy of the abortionists.

Well I have a wife, a mother, grandmothers, aunts & whole lot of other rather outspoken women in my family as well as two daughters of my own.

Yes, most people have women in their families.

On account of men being unable to bear children and whatnot.

My sister-in-law is a former President of NOW (National Organization of Women)

If true, don't you think this rather disqualifies her as representative of the larger population of women?

Let's face it Republicans are not well known for their support of women's rights.

IIRC they are largely responsible for women's suffrage.

In 2000 McCain was interviewed and defended the fact he was personally pro life but did not think it was his place to change row vs. wade. Now he could have changed his position since then, but I have not heard that he had. Do you know of a current interview where he has become extra pro life? If you have then I want to find it because that would make me personally happy.

I think in some ways she is more conservative than he is, in other ways he is a bit more than her but not enough to measure. Either of them is a right wing nut job compared to Obama.

If he wanted conservative judges would he had lead the gang of 14 to stop Samuel Alito?

You are talking about the McCain of 2000, either you are stuck in a time warp or you haven't taken notice of McCain flip flopping on every major issue:

including Roe v Wade

SW85;41733]Yes, most people have women in their families.

On account of men being unable to bear children and whatnot.

Very true... some families have more girls, some have more boys and I think it's important to try and get the women's perspective on women's issues directly from women.

If true, don't you think this rather disqualifies her as representative of the larger population of women?

Yep... former Illinois State Chapter President of NOW.

And no. As an organization that's sole purpose is to represent Women's issues I think she's a great resource.

IIRC they are largely responsible for women's suffrage.

I'm sure you're aware that both of the Parties platforms have changed radically over the years (almost mirror opposite). Lincoln freed the slaves... Southern Democrats were big on segregation etc.

Now the overwhelming majority of Blacks are Democrats and Republicans rail against Affirmative action and the like. These things are true with many women's issues as well.

I was speaking of the last 3 or 4 decades.

Democrats were big on segregation
They still are... but now call it by its PC name: "Multiculturalism"

Now the overwhelming majority of Blacks are Democrats and Republicans rail against Affirmative action and the like.
Black Republicans are called Uncle Tom, Sellout, Token/House ***** and even worse, by Democrats!
Alas, Republicans are the ones accused of being racists... For opposing AA nonetheless.

King, a real civil rights leader, was replaced by the likes of Sharpton and Jackson - Judge not by the color of my skin but by the content of my character - except where Affirmative Action is concerned... in that case go ahead and provide preferential treatment based solely on the color of my skin. So sayeth King's replacements.

I feel genuinely bad for Hillary supporters. Obama was lucky to win an election for Congress with his slim resume and shady past. The idea that he is somehow more qualified than her to be president convinces me the Democrat party has jumped the shark.

Werbung:
GenSeneca;41871]They still are... but now call it by its PC name: "Multiculturalism"

I'd beg to differ. The Democratic Party is a the Big Tent Party. Very diverse and all inclusive. That's why it's like hearding cats to get all Democrats on the same page... there's so many different interests being represented. It's not just a majority of White males as in the GOP.

Black Republicans are called Uncle Tom, Sellout, Token/House ***** and even worse, by Democrats!
Alas, Republicans are the ones accused of being racists... For opposing AA nonetheless.

Well I don't hear anyone calling them those things at all. It is fair and I do hear people pointing out that the GOP Platform does not exactly help their particular group... unless of course you are one in that group that just happens to be at the extreme high end of the pay scale.

King, a real civil rights leader, was replaced by the likes of Sharpton and Jackson - Judge not by the color of my skin but by the content of my character - except where Affirmative Action is concerned... in that case go ahead and provide preferential treatment based solely on the color of my skin. So sayeth King's replacements.

The fact that there are charlatans out there like Sharpton In no way diminishes the message of a Dr. King. You have to remember that at the time of Dr. King Blacks were still being beaten and killed by the White public & at times even the police. They were having dogs and water cannons put on them just for being on the streets in groups or out late at night. We had Governors standing in school house doorways blocking the entrance to Blacks from even going to school with Whites. Separate drinking fountains, restrooms, lunch counters, forced to sit in the back of the bus.

So just getting any chance at all seemed pretty darn good at the time... don't you think? Some small amount of help to give a group that went through this a chance at an education or a job doesn't really seem particularly heinous in comparison... does it? That's all that's happened.

I feel genuinely bad for Hillary supporters. Obama was lucky to win an election for Congress with his slim resume and shady past. The idea that he is somehow more qualified than her to be president convinces me the Democrat party has jumped the shark.

Well people seem to like Senator Obama... I know he's impressed me and I started out a Hillary supporter. I think basically it would be great to get some honesty & intelligence in the White House... any color... any gender! ;)

Back