Facebook Charges To 'Promote' Posts

Centrehalf

Good News everybody. You know those people on Facebook who post 100 times per day? About anything at all? They will soon be able to pay a small fee and make sure that their inane babbling goes to the top of your news feed, and stays there. Oh Joy.

http://dawn.com/2012/10/04/facebook-will-charge-to-promote-user-posts/

The social media giant is rolling out a feature in the U.S. that lets users pay to promote their posts to friends, just as advertisers do. Facebook has been testing the service in New Zealand, where it tries out a lot of new features, and has gradually introduced it in more than 20 other countries.

I admit, Facebook is saying that this will probably be used for major announcements but I doubt that. It's going to be people bragging about their children or requesting help with one of the FB games. I think I'm close to being done checking in to Facebook everyday, I may have to scale it down to once a month, or never.

Werbung:
I only use Facebook to check out fan pages I am following and posting on the social networking site has become a thing of the past and it recently archived inactive groups. Two of my friends have paid accounts and their posts have been featured on my home page.

I don't like facebook. Tried it once. When people started posting pictures of what they ate for breakfast I decided it wasn't my thing.

Werbung:
I don't like facebook. Tried it once. When people started posting pictures of what they ate for breakfast I decided it wasn't my thing.

I find it helpful to keep in touch with my kid and other kids many of whom I am fond of and interested in how their lives are going.

but now there are all these sponsored posts (ads). this could kill FB among the young. I need to ask the kiddo if there is a way to turn this off.

Back