Facebook's Zuckerberg to meet conservatives on political bias flap

Reddie

Following allegations that Facebook routinely suppresses ideologically conservative views, news, articles, etc, Zuckerberg will meet with prominent conservatives in the media, this week.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-bias-idUSKCN0Y60S7
Facebook came under fire last week when an unnamed former employee told technology news website Gizmodo that workers often omitted conservative political stories from the company's "trending" list of topics.

Zuckerberg said Facebook has "found no evidence that this report is true," but would continue to investigate. A U.S. Senate committee has also opened an inquiry into Facebook's practices.
I doubt he's going to admit they suppress conservative content.

Werbung:
My opinion is that companies, even publicly traded ones, have the right to use their power, money, and influence to suppress or promote any opinions they want. They worked hard to gain the status to be able to have this influence, right? Other media outlets do it too with little to no scrutiny. How is Facebook any different? However, I am still strongly against corporations being able to give boat loads of money towards campaigns, but people always find ways around the campaign finance laws, too.

My opinion is that companies, even publicly traded ones, have the right to use their power, money, and influence to suppress or promote any opinions they want. They worked hard to gain the status to be able to have this influence, right? Other media outlets do it too with little to no scrutiny. How is Facebook any different? However, I am still strongly against corporations being able to give boat loads of money towards campaigns, but people always find ways around the campaign finance laws, too.
Yup that's right. And I doubt Zuck objects personally but he saw the reaction to twitter filtering political stuff and he can't afford to lose members.

See the rock.? See the hard place ?

Werbung:
Facebook is giving both conservative and liberal posters more freedom than they could ever dream. Therefore, considering this fact, why should Zuckerberg feel that he is biased toward one group? Zuckerberg simply provides the means for people to express themselves, what they say, however, is up to them.

Back