Facts? Don't confuse me with facts!

And how could I have forgotten this one???

And global warming is going to kill us all in less than 10 years.

Yet another opinion, and an exaggeration, and a strawman to boot. Who says that global warming is going to kill us all in 10 years? Not even Al Gore has made that claim.

Werbung:
Yet another opinion, and an exaggeration, and a strawman to boot. Who says that global warming is going to kill us all in 10 years? Not even Al Gore has made that claim.

Oh THC we have got to get you out more. Have you not seen Al Gore's movie? I would have thought you watch it at least once week while smoking that evil weed of yours. I can see you and pockets token down watching Fat Al's movie over and over and over...

And I Googled "global warming 10 years left" and lo and behold...lookie here...6 of the top 10 hits...

some people just have no clue...

#
U.S. climate researcher: We've got 10 years left
Sep 15, 2006 ... We've got 10 years left. NASA scientist urges action to stop catastrophe, ... "Global warming – at least the modern nightmare version – is a ...
www.wnd.com/?pageId=37931 - Cached
#
An Inconvenient Truth -- Al Gore's Call to Action on Global Warming
Al Gore didn't set out to turn his presentation on global warming into a movie. ... world has 10 years or less to turn things around before it is too late. ... “We no longer have much time left to change,” he says, “but we do have time. ...
environment.about.com/od/.../fr/goremovie_2.htm - Cached - Similar
#
Warming expert sees 10-year window - U.S. news - Environment ...
Sep 14, 2006 ... Warming expert: Only decade left to act in time. 'We have a very brief ... A leading U.S. climate researcher says the world has a 10-year window ... Global warming skeptics have pointed to the lack of ice melt as a flaw ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14834318/ - Cached - Similar
#
Rewriting The Science - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Mar 19, 2006 ... Scroll Left Scroll Right. Stars and Their Moms ... Scientist Says Politicians Edit Global Warming Research ... Hansen has a theory that man has just 10 years to reduce greenhouse gases before global warming reaches what ...
www.cbsnews.com/.../main1415985.shtml - Cached - Similar - Add to iGoogle
#
NASA PUTS GLOBAL WARMING Tipping Point Within 10 Years | Inhabitat ...
May 31, 2007 ... The global warming issue is really starting to heat up. ... Now we have 10 years left to repent before its too late! ...
www.inhabitat.com/.../nasa-puts-global-warming-tipping-point-within-10-years/ - Cached
#
Ten years left to avert catastrophe - Climate Change, Environment ...
Feb 2, 2007 ... The IPCC has therefore concluded that the global warming we have ... Many scientists believe that we have about 10 years left to enact ...
www.independent.co.uk › Environment › Climate Change - Cached - Similar

Oh THC we have got to get you out more. Have you not seen Al Gore's movie? I would have thought you watch it at least once week while smoking that evil weed of yours. I can see you and pockets token down watching Fat Al's movie over and over and over...

And I Googled "global warming 10 years left" and lo and behold...lookie here...6 of the top 10 hits...

#
Sep 15, 2006 ... We've got 10 years left. NASA scientist urges action to stop catastrophe, ... "Global warming – at least the modern nightmare version – is a ...
#
Al Gore didn't set out to turn his presentation on global warming into a movie. ... world has 10 years or less to turn things around before it is too late. ... “We no longer have much time left to change,” he says, “but we do have time. ...
#
Sep 14, 2006 ... Warming expert: Only decade left to act in time. 'We have a very brief ... A leading U.S. climate researcher says the world has a 10-year window ... Global warming skeptics have pointed to the lack of ice melt as a flaw ...
#
Mar 19, 2006 ... Scroll Left Scroll Right. Stars and Their Moms ... Scientist Says Politicians Edit Global Warming Research ... Hansen has a theory that man has just 10 years to reduce greenhouse gases before global warming reaches what ...
#
May 31, 2007 ... The global warming issue is really starting to heat up. ... Now we have 10 years left to repent before its too late! ...
www.inhabitat.com/.../nasa-puts-global-warming-tipping-point-within-10-years/ - Cached
#
Feb 2, 2007 ... The IPCC has therefore concluded that the global warming we have ... Many scientists believe that we have about 10 years left to enact ...

most of those were said in 2006 and we are almost in 2011 so we really got 5 years left and I have not even stocked up on canned tuna... I hope there is time

most of those were said in 2006 and we are almost in 2011 so we really got 5 years left and I have not even stocked up on canned tuna... I hope there is time

Yes and this is what the scummy libs teach in the government schools. They scare the sh*t out of 3rd graders.

Libs are so nice to educate the kiddies this way.

Yes and this is what the scummy libs teach in the government schools. They scare the sh*t out of 3rd graders.

Libs are so nice to educate the kiddies this way.

I refuse to buy build a bear for my daughter now since last christmas they did a cartoon that said the ice caps will melt and kill all the animals and santa too and all by christmas.

#
#
#
#
#
#

Good grief.

You post junk like that, and accuse me of smoking the wacky tabaccy, and say I should get out more?

The first link is the World Net Daily, not exactly a supporter of liberal thought.

From their link:

While a leading U.S. climate researcher claims there's a decade at most left to address "global warming" before environmental disaster takes place, the federal government issued a report showing the year 1936 had a hotter summer than 2006.

A "leading US climate researcher" unnamed, of course, claims that there is a decade left. Oh, yes, and the first decade of the new millennium is the warmest on record.

You haven't linked to a "liberal" who said we only have ten years before we're wiped out, you linked to a site with a known agenda claiming that "liberals" have claimed that.

And not even your agenda driven site is claiming that the "climate researcher (unnamed)" says that we'll all be wiped out in ten years.

Anyway, you have confirmed the premise to the OP very well. I thank you for that.

umm yea so those are mostly estimates on when we may have gone to far to realy turn back the effects on green house gas...not when the world ends or anything...you should try reading them ..the whole thing, not for just want you want.

its called the tipping point...

Now Prove they are wrong..you can't...so again, wrong..thank you try again

umm yea so those are mostly estimates on when we may have gone to far to realy turn back the effects on green house gas...not when the world ends or anything...you should try reading them ..the whole thing, not for just want you want.

its called the tipping point...

Now Prove they are wrong..you can't...so again, wrong..thank you try again

Yes I know its the "tipping point" when we pass that point its too late. we are almost there so why bother :)

I cant wait till 2040 when we become cannibals because Ill hunt you down like a dog and eat you first! well ok second, I want jerky as in Ted Turner first!

Yes I know its the "tipping point" when we pass that point its too late. we are almost there so why bother :)

I cant wait till 2040 when we become cannibals because Ill hunt you down like a dog and eat you first! well ok second, I want jerky as in Ted Turner first!

And you know its a opinion its not a fact, and you can't prove its wrong..so it does not fit the point of this thread,

also I think its nice you think possibly destroying the earths environment is funny

And you know its a opinion its not a fact, and you can't prove its wrong..so it does not fit the point of this thread,

also I think its nice you think possibly destroying the earths environment is funny

I know full well it is opinion not fact, its actually refreshing to have a lib admit it :)

I do not believe at all that cows farting or my breathing is causing the earth to warm so I can make fun of it all I want. Actually I think I will feed my dogs beans tonight and help destroy the planet :)

I know full well it is opinion not fact, its actually refreshing to have a lib admit it :)

I do not believe at all that cows farting or my breathing is causing the earth to warm so I can make fun of it all I want. Actually I think I will feed my dogs beans tonight and help destroy the planet :)

your grand kids will be so happy you cared....

your grand kids will be so happy you cared....

Yes! They will. If they are paying 3000 dollar electric bills and 20 dollars a gallon for gas because some retarded liberal thought the planet was going to get hot due to the poison of them breathing or their cows farting, they will be glad I fought for them instead of against them.

You are too much really! in one post you admit its not proven then in the next you are offended by jokes

and all in all seem A OK with taxing the crap out of us for a mythical theory that you, yourself admit is not proven.

Just for clarification:

Fact: the average temperature of the Earth was warmer in the first decade of the new millenium than it has been in historic times.

Fact: There is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere than there was before the industrial revolution.

Opinion that could be correct: The Earth is warmer because of the carbon dioxide.

Silly opinion: AHHHH! Global warming is coming, run for the hills! Buy a Prius! Don't feed your dog beans! The end is nigh!

Fact: It's darned hot right now in Oklahoma and Texas.

Opinion: That could be due to global warming.

There.

Now, back to the original discussion: We human beings are prone to select facts that support our opinions, and ignore the ones that don't.

The study confirms my opinions, therefore, I'll accept it.

Werbung:
Just for clarification:

Fact: the average temperature of the Earth was warmer in the first decade of the new millenium than it has been in historic times.

Fact: There is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere than there was before the industrial revolution.

Opinion that could be correct: The Earth is warmer because of the carbon dioxide.

Silly opinion: AHHHH! Global warming is coming, run for the hills! Buy a Prius! Don't feed your dog beans! The end is nigh!

Fact: It's darned hot right now in Oklahoma and Texas.

Opinion: That could be due to global warming.

There.

Now, back to the original discussion: We human beings are prone to select facts that support our opinions, and ignore the ones that don't.

The study confirms my opinions, therefore, I'll accept it.

One more fact

You nor anyone has any idea how hot the planet has been in the past, for all we know its a cycle. we get hot then we have an ice age then we get hot again and have another ice age.

Back