Faux News acting stupid again

Popeye

This time it's not just saying something stupid...considering they're the GOP mouthpiece we get that on a regular basis so it's hardly newsworthy.. It's not even misidentifying a Republican sex offender or philanderer as a Democrat. Though it does, one more time, make you question how anyone could consider Faux a legitimate news source.

Test your knowledge of geography, without clicking the link,...do you see anything wrong with this picture?

live-20090727.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200907270040

Werbung:
This time it's not just saying something stupid...considering they're the GOP mouthpiece we get that on a regular basis so it's hardly newsworthy.. It's not even misidentifying a Republican sex offender or philanderer as a Democrat. Though it does, one more time, make you question how anyone could consider Faux a legitimate news source.

Test your knowledge of geography, without clicking the link,...do you see anything wrong with this picture?

live-20090727.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200907270040

This is pretty funny. Although I must ask, do people really not know where Egypt is located?

Not surprising.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- After more than three years of combat and nearly 2,400 U.S. military deaths in Iraq, nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map, a study released Tuesday showed.
The study found that less than six months after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, 33 percent could not point out Louisiana on a U.S. map.

The National Geographic-Roper Public Affairs 2006 Geographic Literacy Study paints a dismal picture of the geographic knowledge of the most recent graduates of the U.S. education system.

"Taken together, these results suggest that young people in the United States ... are unprepared for an increasingly global future," said the study's final report.

"Far too many lack even the most basic skills for navigating the international economy or understanding the relationships among people and places that provide critical context for world events."

The study, which surveyed 510 young Americans from December 17 to January 20, showed that 88 percent of those questioned could not find Afghanistan on a map of Asia despite widespread coverage of the U.S.-led overthrow of the Taliban in 2001 and the political rebirth of the country.

In the Middle East, 63 percent could not find Iraq or Saudi Arabia on a map, and 75 percent could not point out Iran or Israel. Forty-four percent couldn't find any one of those four countries.

Inside the United States, "half or fewer of young men and women 18-24 can identify the states of New York or Ohio on a map [50 percent and 43 percent, respectively]," the study said.

This trend isn't surprising considering how many people in this country don't even know who daddy is, the majority of which I'm certain don't watch "Faux news", because they probably don't have a T.V. unless they stole it.

Oh, man, POPEYE...you gotta stop...I haven't laughed that hard for several days now. :D

Wouldn't it have been pure genius if there had been a prize awarded to the first 'FOX NEWS' viewer to phone/email in with the correction to the map error...oh, wait a moment...that would have meant that the viewers noticed the screw up :eek:. LMAO

Not likely to have happened with that crowd 4 sure!!! ;)

I watch Fox News from time to time (as do a lot of my friends) and I can safely say they all would have caught that mistake.

no wait think about it....thats why we found no wmd....we invaded Egypt!

I will list this one under McCain and his Iraq Pakistan border slip
and the Obama 57 states ...just errors , in speech, not really thinking that what they said was true.....though who knows maybe the intern map person got to work that day lol

Werbung:
no wait think about it....thats why we found no wmd....we invaded Egypt!

I will list this one under McCain and his Iraq Pakistan border slip
and the Obama 57 states ...just errors , in speech, not really thinking that what they said was true.....though who knows maybe the intern map person got to work that day lol

Plausible, yes indeed, highly likely...or the WMD are hidden in Egypt...so many ruins, so many tombs, just keep flip/flopping that map around and no one will be the wiser ;)

Least of all the Fox Squawk Box News talking heads!!!:eek:

Back