Faux News edits clip to smear Biden

Popeye

Watch Faux News edit a 6 month old clip of Joe Biden to make it seem as if he said "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" this past weekend.

Here's the Biden statement that Faux edited which was actually from last September when he was quoting John McCain...

"Ladies and gentlemen, I believe that’s why John McCain could say with a straight face as recently as this morning and this is a quote, “the fundamentals of the economy are strong.” That’s what John said. He says that “We’ve made great progress economically in the Bush years.”"

More Faux News lies...it's unbelievable that anyone would take them seriously.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/16/fox-news-fundamentals/

Werbung:
Isnt obama basicly saying this same statement? He went for a few months of doom and gloom but the polls were not favoring that and the last week or so he seems to be more up beat and saying things are sound exc.

Isnt obama basicly saying this same statement? He went for a few months of doom and gloom but the polls were not favoring that and the last week or so he seems to be more up beat and saying things are sound exc.

Lets go over this again:

This afternoon, Fox News’s Martha MacCallum introduced a segment highlighting Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Christina Romer’s claim yesterday that the “fundamentals of the economy are sound.” “After weeks of economic doom and gloom, the Obama administration is now singing a slightly different tune,” MacCallum said.

She then played clips of Romer and other administration officials making seemingly positive comments about the current state of the economy. One of the clips was of Vice President Biden saying, “The fundamentals of the economy are strong!” After the segment, MacCallum said, “All right, well the mantra for the weekend is clear, looking at what was said over the course of the shows on Sunday.

Faux played a 6 month old clip of Biden quoting John McCain and insinuated it was said over this past weekend. That's okay with you? If they'll do that, they'll do anything, as has been proven in the past.

Lets go over this again:

Faux played a 6 month old clip of Biden quoting John McCain and insinuated it was said over this past weekend. That's okay with you? If they'll do that, they'll do anything, as has been proven in the past.

Are you sure they were not playing the clip to show when McCain said it they crapped their pants and said it was a bad thing but now that things are actually worse than they were when McCain said it, Obama is saying it and everyone is marveling at the brilliants of Obama for saying it?

Cuz thats what Im thinking

I read the transcript but I cant see the video because my computer has "issues"
I think from reading it, the news caster is bringing up Biden's statements to show he was a Pr!c% to McCain when McCain said it but is going along with Obama's new strategy of saying basically the same thing.... now that times are worse than they were then.

Of course the spin is saying something else, but isn’t it always

Isn't it a hoot how the leftists scream and whine when they think someone is treating them, the way they've treated conservatives for years? Looks like they can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Funniest part is when it turns out that Fox wasn't even doing what they said. They've gotten snared in their own accusations... a growing trend.

I read the transcript but I cant see the video because my computer has "issues"
I think from reading it, the news caster is bringing up Biden's statements to show he was a Pr!c% to McCain when McCain said it but is going along with Obama's new strategy of saying basically the same thing.... now that times are worse than they were then.

Of course the spin is saying something else, but isn’t it always

Yes, Fox News did edit the clip to make it look like Biden was saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong. Of course Liberals have been doing this for years and years and years. But when someone does it right back, they start a cry fit, like a 2 year old that had the ball he stole from someone else, taken away.

I'm not surprised they would start screaming after this one.

Yes, Fox News did edit the clip to make it look like Biden was saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong. Of course Liberals have been doing this for years and years and years. But when someone does it right back, they start a cry fit, like a 2 year old that had the ball he stole from someone else, taken away.

So you admit that Faux edited the clip with the intention of misleading viewers. That's commendable, but then you turn right around and cry like your own version of a 2 year..."but, but those mean old liberals have been doing it too."

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else.

what was the point of editing the clip? If you say they did then I am sure they must have done it but why would they need to?

Obama has quit with the doom and gloom and now is up beat and saying things are good...

so I am confused as to why they would do this, if they were trying to make it look like democrats are saying the same thing McCain said in the past then why not just play obamas speeches from this last week

There can be no doubt that Fox edited the clip to make it appear that Biden was saying something that he wasn't saying.

There can be no doubt that partisans on both sides have done similar things many times.

There can be no doubt, therefore, that Fox News, or at least the yahoo who doctored that clip, is a rabid partisan Republican.

OK, Fox supporters, what else can you do but find examples in which other networks have done the same to Republicans? I have no doubt at all that you can.

The lesson here is not to take at face value anything you see on the news networks, no, not any of them.

I'm surprised that CNN hasn't already made a big deal out of this.

Editing the clip was stupid.

However it reminds me of all the garbage we heard about how McCain wanted to "stay in Iraq for 100 years."

Both sides are pretty lame on this one.

just as one would guess, not one republican could say it was wrong or anything close....sad.
Who gives a rat's butt? I sure don't. Whatever the dems get they deserve.

Not for one moment did the dems give Bush a chance, so do not expect anything in return. Go cry to your liberal support group if you need to.

Werbung:
Who gives a rat's butt? I sure don't. Whatever the dems get they deserve.

Not for one moment did the dems give Bush a chance, so do not expect anything in return. Go cry to your liberal support group if you need to.

You whine just like a baby...what's the matter you don't like being in the minority? Too bad, best get used to it...the country has moved on.

Oh hey, you better run and get your knee pads...it's almost time for BillO.

Back