Faux News refused to report the Ensign story

Popeye

Doug Hampton, the husband of the staffer GOP RW hypocrite John Ensign was sleeping with, sent a letter (below) to Faux News detailing the affair and literally pleading for help, a full 5 days before Ensign finally confessed. Apparently, Faux didn't deem it worthy of investigation or mention...

This just keeps getting better doesn't it? First we have the "family values" Promise Keeper Ensign exposed as a hypocrite and using public money to double his mistress's salary and add her son to the payroll. ...And now we have evidence that Republican propaganda channel Faux News was sitting on evidence of the affair...Can you imagine if Ensign had been a Democrat? ...

In a letter dated five days before Sen. John Ensign’s public confession of an extramarital affair, Doug Hampton pleaded to a national Fox News anchorwoman for help in exposing the senator’s “heinous conduct and pursuit” of Hampton’s wife.

--------
In his letter, Hampton, a former top administrative aide in Ensign’s Capitol Hill office, said: “The actions of Senator Ensign have ruined our lives and careers and left my family in shambles. We have lost significant income, suffered indescribable pain and emotional suffering. We find ourselves today with an overwhelming loss of relationships, career opportunities and hope for recovery. Our pursuit of justice continues to place me and my family in harm’s way as we fear for our well being.”

Las Vegas Sun: Spouse of Ensign’s mistress sought help in letter to Fox News

Full text of Doug Hampton's letter to Faux News

Werbung:
Doug Hampton, the husband of the staffer GOP RW hypocrite John Ensign was sleeping with, sent a letter (below) to Faux News detailing the affair and literally pleading for help, a full 5 days before Ensign finally confessed. Apparently, Faux didn't deem it worthy of investigation or mention...

This just keeps getting better doesn't it? First we have the "family values" Promise Keeper Ensign exposed as a hypocrite and using public money to double his mistress's salary and add her son to the payroll. ...And now we have evidence that Republican propaganda channel Faux News was sitting on evidence of the affair...Can you imagine if Ensign had been a Democrat? ...

I am not quite sure where exactly you get off stating that "Fox didn't deem it worthy of an investigation or mention."

1) Do you have any evidence of basis that this letter was not investigated in any manner?
2) Would you prefer that a news station discuss every letter they receive on the air regardless of whether they can confirm it or not?

Further, where exactly is your evidence that they "sat on evidence of the affair"? A letter written to a news anchor is not "evidence" and never will be.

You claim (with no proof) that Fox sat on the evidence and refused to report the story. You further argue that a letter written to a news anchor should merit the trashing of US Senator without any additional evidence. That is the type of "news" that you seek?

Further, why have I not seen you commenting on John Edwards marital problems and demanding for more coverage of that?

I am not quite sure where exactly you get off stating that "Fox didn't deem it worthy of an investigation or mention."

1) Do you have any evidence of basis that this letter was not investigated in any manner?
2) Would you prefer that a news station discuss every letter they receive on the air regardless of whether they can confirm it or not?

Further, where exactly is your evidence that they "sat on evidence of the affair"? A letter written to a news anchor is not "evidence" and never will be.

You claim (with no proof) that Fox sat on the evidence and refused to report the story. You further argue that a letter written to a news anchor should merit the trashing of US Senator without any additional evidence. That is the type of "news" that you seek?

Further, why have I not seen you commenting on John Edwards marital problems and demanding for more coverage of that?

You know darn well that if Ensign was a Democrat, they would have been all over that letter, they broadcast just the slightest rumor and even outrageous lies about Democrats...but since they're the official channel of the GOP, they virtually never report anything that would reflect badly upon the character of any Republican..Even when they're left with no choice, they pull stunts like this:

FoxOReilly_MarkFoleyDEM_100306.jpg

Near the end of his letter to Faux, Hampton wrote.. “I could have sought the most liberal, Republican hating media to expose this story, but there are people’s lives at stake and justice is about proper process as well as outcome. Senator Ensign has no business serving in the US Senate anymore!”

Well, I guess Mr. Hampton knows better than to go to Faux News now because if it involves a Republican, it's all about sweeping it under the rug.

Las Vegas Sun: Spouse of Ensign’s mistress sought help in letter to Fox News

Full text of Doug Hampton's letter to Faux News

I saw the story, though I dont know if I saw it when it was breaking news or if it was a day or two old. I saw them go on about it again today too. He did some pretty bad stuff!

Pure malice. You surpass yourself, GenSeneca, with your fumbling distortions.
Lets take a trip through the process of deductive logic:

Popeye is attacking Ensign as a hypocrite because he stood for "family values" but cheated on his wife.

Ensign + Family values + Cheating = Republican Hypocrite

Now seeing as Popeye never attacked Edwards for cheating on his wife and never called him a hypocrite for violating "family values", then logically Edwards must not have held any "family values" to violate.

Edwards + Cheating (no family values to be added) = Not a Hypocrite, lets attack Republicans!

Just because one group claims family values and the other does not does not mean the group which does not claim family values lacks them. It simply means one group trumpets them and the other does not, which may mean that the group which trumpets them has no more of them than the group which does not, so it is pure hyprocrisy in two parts from the group which trumpets them:

1) claiming a monopoly, where they have no monopoly
2) being hypocrites

Just because one group claims family values and the other does not does not mean the group which does not claim family values lacks them. It simply means one group trumpets them and the other does not, which may mean that the group which trumpets them has no more of them than the group which does not, so it is pure hyprocrisy in two parts from the group which trumpets them:

1) claiming a monopoly, where they have no monopoly
2) being hypocrites

Liberals tend to trumpet live and let live, no moral line, who are you to judge. If liberals have a moral code or family values then they have judged some things to be good and some to be bad, but ask most liberals and they will say it’s not our place to judge how another person lives. Live and let live.

Conservatives in general say here is the line and we should not cross it, here is a lay out of good family values that we should not stray from. They openly judged various behaviors to say if they are good or bad. Its one of the things liberals hate so badly about conservatives.

Is everything conservatives judged to be good or bad correct? Not IMO and everything they judged to be bad is not the wrong call IMO either.

Lets take a trip through the process of deductive logic:

Popeye is attacking Ensign as a hypocrite because he stood for "family values" but cheated on his wife.

Ensign + Family values + Cheating = Republican Hypocrite

Now seeing as Popeye never attacked Edwards for cheating on his wife and never called him a hypocrite for violating "family values", then logically Edwards must not have held any "family values" to violate.

Edwards + Cheating (no family values to be added) = Not a Hypocrite, lets attack Republicans!

Also,

Druggie Limbaugh has this title because he got addicted to pain pills

But other people who did or do drugs on the left they do not give this title to,
Like the current president and like the current vice president’s daughter.

Sarah Palin's daughter's ex boyfriend's mother had drug problems and that is all we heard about, and it was connected directly to Sarah Palin herself even though she had nothing to do with it. Joe Biden, The current Vice president has a daughter who does coke on tape and we dont hear squat from the same group who blasted Sarah Palin for having a daughter who had a boyfriend who had a mother who did drugs. Enough to make you want to puke!

Drugs are never an issue and always excused in the democrat party

So is tax evasion, misappropriation of funds exc. So on and all the rest...

Drugs are never an issue and always excused in the democrat party

So is tax evasion, misappropriation of funds exc. So on and all the rest...

Eliminate the Morals, Ethics and Standards from the equation and apply such concepts only to those who espouse them and you have the Progressive Standard by which all Democrats avoid judgment.

Its not a double standard... in order for it to be a double standard, they would need to have standards to violate.

Eliminate the Morals, Ethics and Standards from the equation and apply such concepts only to those who espouse them and you have the Progressive Standard by which all Democrats avoid judgment.

Its not a double standard... in order for it to be a double standard, they would need to have standards to violate.

You are right, I think that about covers it.

If the holier than thou fundie Republicans are not going to live up to the morals, ethics and standards they espouse...they ought to keep their big mouths shut.

The only problem with that, from a GOP point of view, is that none of them would be doing any talking.....hypocrites, every single one of them, some just haven't been caught yet.

if they where checking to make sure it was legit then I agree no need to report it yet , and maybe thats what they where doing...but if I had to make a bet, had it been a Dem they would have aired it regardless.

in the end the guys a hypocrite and should step down or else he will just be one more dead weight on teh sinking republican ship.

Werbung:
You know darn well that if Ensign was a Democrat, they would have been all over that letter, they broadcast just the slightest rumor and even outrageous lies about Democrats...

They hardly go around reporting on rumors of anything without confirming it from other sources, as most ever legitimate news station would do.

but since they're the official channel of the GOP, they virtually never report anything that would reflect badly upon the character of any Republican..

Official channel of the GOP huh? Is this one of your "rumors" you are stating as fact now?

Even when they're left with no choice, they pull stunts like this:

FoxOReilly_MarkFoleyDEM_100306.jpg

A stunt like making an error in a broadcast? How dare they!

Near the end of his letter to Faux, Hampton wrote.. “I could have sought the most liberal, Republican hating media to expose this story, but there are people’s lives at stake and justice is about proper process as well as outcome. Senator Ensign has no business serving in the US Senate anymore!”

Well, I guess Mr. Hampton knows better than to go to Faux News now because if it involves a Republican, it's all about sweeping it under the rug.

Had her letter been untrue and they trashed the reputation of a United States Senator would you be first in line to apologize?

Back