Finally, a sign that Obama thinks the economic crash is serious!

Little-Acorn

1.) His voice isn't echoing as he makes his speech.

2.) He just called for a further extension of the Bush tax cuts (correctly called the Bush correction of the Clinton tax increases). He said it would put more money into people's paychecks. (He almost said it would LEAVE more money in people's paychecks!) Wecome to conservatism, Mr. President. Better late than never.

Werbung:

2.) He just called for a further extension of the Bush tax cuts (correctly called the Bush correction of the Clinton tax increases). He said it would put more money into people's paychecks. (He almost said it would LEAVE more money in people's paychecks!) Wecome to conservatism, Mr. President. Better late than never.

I missed his speech. But if really said that, I think he may have lost my vote.. .and I may be out of here by 2013 and back to a "sane" country!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Finally, Obama has brought us "Hope and Change"!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :D

Where did you get that Obama wanted to extend the Bush tax cuts?

Or is that another "Fox News spin?"

By the way. . I wouldn't be "out of here," I would just be posting from another location!

I listened to what he said.

You should try it some time.

So your earlier statement that you WOULD be "out of here" was... another "Fox News spin?" :rolleyes:

Obviously, you didn't hear the same thing I did!

He did talk about increasing revenues. . .he never talked about the Bush tax cuts!

Is this "wishful thinking?"

By the way, you seem to have as much problem with READING comprehension than you do with LISTENING comprehension!

I said I would be "out of here," which means, I would be leaving the United States of America. . ..that's hardly as minor as "leaving a forum" which one can access from any place in the world!

Sometime you need to think outside your tiny little box to a BROADER context!

I listened to his speech at Wall Street Journal site and I looked for it a Fox news, but I didn't hear him say he would extend tax cuts. Maybe I was looking at the wrong speech. Where did you go to hear that?

I listened to his speech at Wall Street Journal site and I looked for it a Fox news, but I didn't hear him say he would extend tax cuts. Maybe I was looking at the wrong speech. Where did you go to hear that?

I listened to that speech as well, the one he gave today. I think someone is hearing voices!

Belgium is my country of origin, although I haven't lived there for about 30 years, I visit every year for 6 to 8 weeks. My siblings and their families still live there also.

Oh that sounds lovely, I don't know much about it but I love the name and the waffles,

I'll go look it up right now

Where about in Belgium?

So I looked up Belgium and came across something that was really interesting. I cut and pasted the paragraph, it looks like something you would write... I mean your writing style. Ill have to look up if there are any complaints about their healthcare and if not why doesn't canada and England use your style of healthcare.

Belgium has possibly the highest "quality of life" in the world, as testified by its excellent food, housing, health care, education and infrastructure, its world records for high productivity and low poverty, and the appreciation of foreigners residing in Belgium. For a personal view on what distinguishes Belgium and the Belgian character (good living, pragmatism, food and drink, open-mindedness, compromise

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/BELGCUL.html

So I looked up Belgium and came across something that was really interesting. I cut and pasted the paragraph, it looks like something you would write... I mean your writing style. Ill have to look up if there are any complaints about their healthcare and if not why doesn't canada and England use your style of healthcare.

Belgium has possibly the highest "quality of life" in the world, as testified by its excellent food, housing, health care, education and infrastructure, its world records for high productivity and low poverty, and the appreciation of foreigners residing in Belgium. For a personal view on what distinguishes Belgium and the Belgian character (good living, pragmatism, food and drink, open-mindedness, compromise

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/BELGCUL.html

Well, sorry, I didn't write this. and Belgian people do have an excellent quality of life. I'm surprise you seem to never have heard anything about this little country. . .After all, two of the top female tennis players (yes, they both beat the Williams sisters several times) are from Belgium.

And, a fact not listed here. . .Belgium has an excellent safety net, which allows its economy to keep going even in difficult times. In fact, it even has an almost unlimited unemployment benefits. .. and guess what!
Belgium shares something in common with the US. . .it's AA+ rating!

Well, sorry, I didn't write this. and Belgian people do have an excellent quality of life. I'm surprise you seem to never have heard anything about this little country. . .After all, two of the top female tennis players (yes, they both beat the Williams sisters several times) are from Belgium.

And, a fact not listed here. . .Belgium has an excellent safety net, which allows its economy to keep going even in difficult times. In fact, it even has an almost unlimited unemployment benefits. .. and guess what!
Belgium shares something in common with the US. . .it's AA+ rating!

I lost the page but I was reading about their health care and one of the things they talked about is that you like the USA would be in a bind in the next few years due to people living longer.

It also said Belgium had laws for euthanasia and Dr Assisted suicide. As long as the person is willing and not being forced its ok I guess but it bothers me. I sure hope your Dr assisted suicide is better thought out than Oregon's version. It's monstrous.

Werbung:
I lost the page but I was reading about their health care and one of the things they talked about is that you like the USA would be in a bind in the next few years due to people living longer.

It also said Belgium had laws for euthanasia and Dr Assisted suicide. As long as the person is willing and not being forced its ok I guess but it bothers me. I sure hope your Dr assisted suicide is better thought out than Oregon's version. It's monstrous.

Every country in the world will suffer from the aging of the population. Belgium is no different, but at least it doesn't cost much at all to be well covered!

And, NO they don't deny health care to elderly people (even if they do have a law that allows people who choose to to leave this life with dignity).
In fact, just as an exemple. . .my grandmother was 94 years old when she had a hysterectomy! And she recovered (although she was given the last rites before the surgery. . .just in case she didn't wake up!), and she lived another 5 1/2 years. . .then she took a bad fall from a whole flight of stairs, and she died very quickly.

My brother in law is 89 years old. He just had surgery in March for a blocked carotide artery. At the end of April my sister and him went to attend my nephew's wedding in Quebec! They are both planning a 3 weeks trip to Tunisia in September, with my other sister and her husbands (both in their 70's) as they have done every year for the last 8 years.

Nice of you to show interest though!

Back