1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

First drop in home sales in 11 years.

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by sarah, Sep 25, 2006.

1. sarah

sarah New Member

2. harleysneak

harleysneak New Member

I just wanted to say I saw this as well and my first thought was oh it would be a great time to buy that bigger house I'd love, however then the realistic part, oh wait, I'd have to sell mine first and it would also be lower. I guess the two can never work well together. It can't be both a buyer's and a seller's market.

3. sarah

sarah New Member

That is true, but I suppose if you had been renting a place and been saving money for a while you would be in a good spot. You wouldn't have to worry about selling a house at a lowered price, but you could reap the benefits of buying one for less.

4. tater03

tater03 New Member

We just bought our first home and we actually got a great deal because they are having such a hard time selling them right now.

5. xboxundone

xboxundone New Member

the drops arent over especially in markets that had huge rises.

6. kida

kida New Member

"Bush Team to the Rescue!"

President Bush & Co. have frozen the subprime mortgage rates, reducing foreclosures and rallying stocks. Here are the details of the actual plan, which includes a five-year mortgage rate freeze.

7. xboxundone

xboxundone New Member

I just hope that they don't end up trying to pass a bill for the US government to bail out foreclosures as i was hearing rumors of it... and it is the worst idea ever... while i agree some of the tactics in promoting some of the mortgages were wrong but most knew they couldn't afford the home and were taking a gamble and hoping to win...(to turn a quick profit) and some did but now it is the losers stuck holding the bill and I don't want any hand in helping pay it via federal taxes.