Fla. congressman to resign after cocaine scandal

steveox

MIAMI (AP) — After going through rehab for a cocaine addiction and pledging that he'd work through his problems to regain his Florida constituents' trust, Trey Radel's short career in Congress ended with a whimper Monday.

Facing a House ethics investigation, a growing group of primary challengers and the steady drumbeat of a Republican establishment calling for him to step down, the 37-year-old, who pleaded guilty to cocaine-possession charges last year, quietly tendered his resignation letter.

"Regardless of some personal struggles in 2013, this year has already been tremendously positive as I focus on my health, family and faith," he wrote to House Speaker John Boehner. "Unfortunately, some of my struggles had serious consequences."

On Nov. 20, the freshman Republican pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of cocaine possession and was sentenced to a year of probation. He admitted to purchasing 3.5 grams of cocaine from an undercover officer Oct. 29 in Washington.

"While I have dealt with those issues on a personal level, it is my belief that professionally I cannot fully and effectively serve as a United States Representative to the place I love and call home, southwest Florida," Radel wrote in the letter.

http://news.yahoo.com/fla-congressman-resign-cocaine-scandal-141824423--election.html

See Republicans take responsibility for their actions. They accept resignation when they do something wrong and unethical. When Democrats commit an ethic violation they fight resignation Remember Anthony Weiner how he went for days escaping the press and wont accept responsibility for his actions and accept resignation.

Your comments libs?

Werbung:
MIAMI (AP) — After going through rehab for a cocaine addiction and pledging that he'd work through his problems to regain his Florida constituents' trust, Trey Radel's short career in Congress ended with a whimper Monday.

Facing a House ethics investigation, a growing group of primary challengers and the steady drumbeat of a Republican establishment calling for him to step down, the 37-year-old, who pleaded guilty to cocaine-possession charges last year, quietly tendered his resignation letter.

See
Republicans take responsibility for their actions. They accept resignation when they do something wrong and unethical.
crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon[1].gif

YEAH....THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!

Back