Florida congressman upset at Obama for $70 fill-up of his Hummer

steveox

U.S. Rep. Allen West, a Florida Republican, has never been any great fan of President Barack Obama, but took to Facebook today to answer the question of what, if anything, he could praise about the president. His answer included a complaint that thanks to rising gas prices, it now costs $70 to fill up his 2008 Hummer H3. Is it really a good idea to use your Hummer to argue gas prices are too high?

Here's the complete statement from Rep. West that's drawing some attention:​

People have asked me before is there any area where I could praise President Obama? Certainly, he has an impeccable penchant for understanding the power of the bully pulpit. President Obama is also very adept at promulgating deceptive language masquerading as policy, actually just insidious political gimmickry. This "tax policy" is an example as well as today's speech on his "energy policy" shall be. Here is the bottom line, last night it took 70 dollars to fill the tank of my 2008 H3 Hummer, what is it costing you? What does it cost the President to fill his gas tank?​
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/florida-congressman-upset-obama-70-fill-hummer-215636787.html

Its about time someone lashes out on Obama on gas prices. Just like Nancy Pelosi blasted George Bush about it in 2007.​

Werbung:
only 70? I pay that to fill up a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Damn I should have gotten the Hummer instead

Haha!!!

Yeah...I always wanted a Hummer just to piss off the libs.

Imagine putting anti-BO stickers all over it. It would be vandalized by libs in no time at all. I could get it all on video. It would be YouTube sensation.

Cost me over $100 to fill up my Range Rover -- it does take premium though.

Cost me over $100 to fill up my Range Rover -- it does take premium though.

Is that a Ford or Chevy or? How many does it seat?

I need to buy a new car SUV type so I can seat 6 soccer players but I dont want one that cost too much gas, is there any non GM SUV types that fit what I described, that you know of?

I need to buy a new car SUV type so I can seat 6 soccer players but I dont want one that cost too much gas, is there any non GM SUV types that fit what I described, that you know of?

Ford used to own Land Rover (which makes the Range Rover) but sold it (along with Jaguar) in 2008 to TaTa Motors of India.

Ours seats 5 -- and gas mileage is not the best (16-18 mpg) -- but I really like the car -- so that didn't really matter.

You can check them out online:
Range Rover

As for a car that seats 6 soccer players -- a suburban or something similar would be really all that I know of off hand for that many. Sorry I am not more helpful.

I love my Ford Explorer, Expedition if you need m ore space.

I love my Ford Explorer, Expedition if you need m ore space.

I have a Ford Explorer too but I liked the Jeep better. I like the Expidition but I didnt like the gas price. I thought there were SUVs out there that were better on gas or green or something at least that is what one of my liberal friends said once but I was not in the market for a car at that time so I didn't pay attention to what kind of SUV it was

Werbung:
I have a Ford Explorer too but I liked the Jeep better. I like the Expidition but I didnt like the gas price. I thought there were SUVs out there that were better on gas or green or something at least that is what one of my liberal friends said once but I was not in the market for a car at that time so I didn't pay attention to what kind of SUV it was

its the size that the issue. Had a Jeep once too and it was fine. Toyotas are nice as well. really depends on just how much space you need for these 6 players. Minivans do people well for the gallon but if 6 players includes 6 equipment bags storage can b e an issue in m minivans.

Fords and Toyotas come in hybrids if that helps. Trouble is thats a pay me now or pay me later deal. and if you keep vehicles over 10 years you are looking at battery relacements.

Back