~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IHR News and Comment
A free public service of the Institute for Historical Review
November 30, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'For Fear of the Jews'
Joseph Sobran
http://www.ihr.org/conference/14thconf/sobran conf.html

The news that I would be addressing the Institute of Historical Review came to some people as, well, news ... The IHR's mission can't be fairly summed up as "Holocaust denial." Its real mission is criticism of the suffocating progressive ideology that has infected and distorted the telling of history in our time ... In short, the Holocaust has become a device for exempting Jews from normal human obligations. It has authorized them to bully and blackmail, to extort and oppress.

Werbung:
Lasher, I have two requests, both coming from me as a moderator.

(1) I know you are new here and may not have been aware, but we have a rule that if you are going to post an article or link to an article, you must include some personal commentary -- some original thought to spur the debate. Simply posting a link will not do, and it becomes a habit we will begin locking down your threads.
This isn't "censorship" and we're not preventing you from saying what you want to say (clearly, as the other moderator is admittedly anti-Zionist) but it's a rule that applies to everyone here. Just a few lines of your own original commentary on the article is all we ask for.

(2) The second is could you please try to confine your anti-Jew, anti-Israel information to the dozen or so already existing. If you have something you think can add to the discussion, great, just use it to bump one of the existing threads already.

Thanks.

In short, the Holocaust has become a device for exempting Jews from normal human obligations. It has authorized them to bully and blackmail, to extort and oppress.
Yep, its a shame you couldnt visit with a late neighbor of mine who served in the 80th infantry division that was a part of liberating Dachau in 45. He would tell you just how fake the holocaust was.

Bully, blackmail, extort and oppress...yeah its a good thing only the evil Jews use those methods. It would be unheard of for anyone else to resort to those measures. Havent seen the Saudi's and other Arab countries do that, or the various communist countries past and present.
Lasher, I disagree with you on the issue, but dont mind the discussion. I just think your grasp of how in reality high stakes foreign diplomacy works is a little short sighted.

Yep, its a shame you couldnt visit with a late neighbor of mine who served in the 80th infantry division that was a part of liberating Dachau in 45. He would tell you just how fake the holocaust was.

Bully, blackmail, extort and oppress...yeah its a good thing only the evil Jews use those methods. It would be unheard of for anyone else to resort to those measures. Havent seen the Saudi's and other Arab countries do that, or the various communist countries past and present.
Lasher, I disagree with you on the issue, but dont mind the discussion. I just think your grasp of how in reality high stakes foreign diplomacy works is a little short sighted.

I have never said that no Jews died in German concentration camps; of course they did. Japanese people died in American concentration camps. What matters is the way they died and the numbers who died. It has already been shown that the numbers were lied about, because the number who died at Auschwitz was reduced from 4 million down to 2 million since the war (although the official head-count has remained the same 6 million, for some reason), and if there was that much of a discrepancy, who's to say that the final number is correct?

Most of the deaths were due to typhus, cholera, pneumonia, and malnutrition (starvation), which was also rampant among the other German citizenry also. There was never one single autopsy showing the cause of death as gassing.

You aren't the first to disagree with me on the issue, and hopefully won't be the last, but there has to be something rotten in Denmark, so to speak, about the so-called Holocaust for there to still be so much controversy over it.

Lasher, I have two requests, both coming from me as a moderator.

(1) I know you are new here and may not have been aware, but we have a rule that if you are going to post an article or link to an article, you must include some personal commentary -- some original thought to spur the debate. Simply posting a link will not do, and it becomes a habit we will begin locking down your threads.
This isn't "censorship" and we're not preventing you from saying what you want to say (clearly, as the other moderator is admittedly anti-Zionist) but it's a rule that applies to everyone here. Just a few lines of your own original commentary on the article is all we ask for.

(2) The second is could you please try to confine your anti-Jew, anti-Israel information to the dozen or so already existing. If you have something you think can add to the discussion, great, just use it to bump one of the existing threads already.

Thanks.

I will definitely try to remember to do that, Almighty, but I may have posted an article today before reading this post, so please forgive it. I am not an old pro at these forums, and I am learning how to do it as I go along, but be assured, I will do my best to do it right.

I have never said that no Jews died in German concentration camps; of course they did. Japanese people died in American concentration camps. What matters is the way they died and the numbers who died. It has already been shown that the numbers were lied about, because the number who died at Auschwitz was reduced from 4 million down to 2 million since the war (although the official head-count has remained the same 6 million, for some reason), and if there was that much of a discrepancy, who's to say that the final number is correct?

Most of the deaths were due to typhus, cholera, pneumonia, and malnutrition (starvation), which was also rampant among the other German citizenry also. There was never one single autopsy showing the cause of death as gassing.

You aren't the first to disagree with me on the issue, and hopefully won't be the last, but there has to be something rotten in Denmark, so to speak, about the so-called Holocaust for there to still be so much controversy over it.

One can only feel incredulous to suppose that such opinions may be attributed to a sane individual. Even if one reduces the amount of dead to a mere 10% of this figure, IT WOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE MEANING OF SYSTEMATIC GENOCIDE.

And when one examines the incongruity of the above statement, one cannot help but wonder as to the intent of such an exercise - does it serve to demonstrate the truth, or hide it?

Ugh.

Another fascist that doesn't have the balls to actually come out and admit it.

Look son, people who aren't afraid of the "Zionist agenda" or the fantastic tale of the "Jews controlling the media" don't give a rat's ass if it was 6 million, 3 million or 50 people of the Jewish superstition that lost their lives because of the Nazis.

We understand that it will always be an important event to not only them but to the rest of the world that's not sucked up into absurd rhetoric spilled forth by knuckle dragging fascists stuck in the "glory days" of Gobineau and Chamberlain.

Trivialising the issue by claiming "hey it wasn't all that bad" is just a way of saying that you think Hitler was right but are too much of a coward to admit it.

Grow a pair.

It has already been shown that the numbers were lied about, because the number who died at Auschwitz was reduced from 4 million down to 2 million since the war (although the official head-count has remained the same 6 million, for some reason), and if there was that much of a discrepancy, who's to say that the final number is correct?

The number "discrepancy" that you're talking about comes from Soviet propoganda. They're the ones who stuck the four million figure on Auschwitz.

And yet, recent scientific studies have revealed high concentrations of cyanide residue in both the delousing chambers and the gas chambers. Enough to kill people. Far more than enough to kill lice.

Now see, you went for Shakespeare, but its just not working. I hate to be a literalist, but we're talking about Auschwitz, and that was in Poland.

Oh, and it wasn't the "so-called" Holocaust. It was the Holocaust. Unless you can find a way to discredit the majority of Holocaust evidence (eyewitness accounts from millions of people, including victims/survivors, family, civilian witnesses, war criminal testimonies, and US accounts of what they found upon liberating the camps - good luck) all you're stuck with is a vapid dislike of Jews and a theory which does not hold up against the standard treatment of evidence.

Oh, so the pictures my granddad brought back with him of the giant human ovens were faked like the lunar moon landing, is that it?

I double dog dare your ass to walk up to someone with a concentration camp tattoo and tell them that obviously, all the deaths were from natural illnesses and malnutrition. See how long you live after that.

Werbung:

There's no controversy. It's a few out-spoken anti-Semites parading around with things they've written, things that have no factual basis.

It's not like people discriminated against the Jews before WWII, it's not like anti-Jewish sentiment was widespread throughout Europe, it's not like memorials in Poland to the Jews who died there in WWII are graffitied with Swastikas to this day, it's not like mainstream Arab newspapers write articles claiming that Jews use the blood of babies in thier pastries. Oh wait, I'm getting mixed up here.

The Jews did not make up a myth about genocide to garner sympathy with the Allies. What happened was when Hitler's genocidal plans were revealed everyone kind of realised that the Jews were having a hard time of it, and had been consistantly having a hard time of it since... well... since forever really. Most people changed thier views on Jews due to this, but many people (or racists, if you will) kept on perpetuating the same old stereotypes and the same old conspiracy theories because that's what they'd been taught as a child.

Back