For the Palinistas

Oregon is always trying to push light rail, but there are too many people who wont use it so it has to be funded by the state, even in big cities where more use it, its not self sustaining. Why would you want another government burdon to pay for ? UGh!
OK, this is going to be the only post I am going to make when it concerns mass transit, and I would encourage those of you who would like to discuss the pros and cons of the various transit systems in America and around the world to create a new thread dedicated to it. We are getting somewhat off topic.

In regards to a potential light rail system in between Anchorage and Wasilla, is many fold. Firstly, the amount of traffic commuting daily between the two communities is basically at capacity for the current road. There are plenty of examples of the single highway between the two being utterly shutdown because of traffic accidents that happen routinely especially in bad weather. Causing major problems for businesses and families when thier employees cant get to work, or home, depending on the time of day.

Also, the existing train tracks are in place and capable of accepting a normal passenger service aimed at commuters. Which is %99 people from Wasilla working in Anchorage.

The infastructure is in place, through having 3 stops in Anchorage, where the tracks already exist, and stop in Wasilla. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to buy the necessary trains and even maintenance, instead of building a bridge that will cost $800million
You guys should just impeach the woman so we can stop hearing about her helping her friends!
I do get a kick out of this one. You have no problem taking up issue with Obama at every opportunity even for petty stuff, but you cant stomach anyone questioning or pointing out the faults of your Joan of Arc.

Werbung:
In an earlier post you said it could only be solved by the government, now you admit they are partly the problem.
Yes government is partly at fault here.
I think the problem is directly connected to the government, some local some state wide but the government none the less.
This is where I disagree, you are failing to look at the people who drink themselves into those situations. That is not exactly the fault of government. I could only imagine the howls from the right when it comes to building a 100million dollar road to connect a town of a thousand people to the road system.
local government tells some where they can and cant drink or be drunk, state government refuses to build roads for them to get home after hours.

Government sucks!
Well when they live 100miles away, it is difficult to justify this, not to mention the DUI factor.

Also, I think it is worth pointing out, that this is not just a native problem. While there is no question Natives are disproportiontly represented in this demographic, there are plenty of whites and other ethnicities that consume to much and are subjected to homelessness and drunkeness.

Im not exactly sure what you mean here.

I thought government sucks? What ever happened to personal responsibility? Considering you live in an urban area of the lower 48, I doubt you would find much appeal in bush Alaska.
But why is it the responsibility of the various dry towns to fix the problem? Most of the wet towns make a considerable amount of tax revenue on the booze these people drink. And rightfully so, because they often need the local police to deal with them.
This would be similar to suggest that the US government needs to deal with the problem of under 21 year olds heading to Mexico to binge drink on spring break.

The far majority no. But like anywhere, you will find racists in Alaska as you would any other place in the world. It is just in Alaska, that Natives are the biggest minority group here, and the easiest target.

Government does suck. Why are these people leaving dry areas to to to wet ones to drink? Because government made a law that they cant drink in their own area.

you said government is what will have to fix this problem in an earlier post

if the government fixes the problem its going to be by getting out of it all together.

explain to me again why they end up staying in the street drunk to sleep over night rather than going home.

I do get a kick out of this one. You have no problem taking up issue with Obama at every opportunity even for petty stuff, but you cant stomach anyone questioning or pointing out the faults of your Joan of Arc.

I have to talk about obama, he is the frakin president and i am stuck with him

palin isnt the president, but she is your Gov and I can see why you want to rail on her, I cant stand my gov and rail on him too....... I just dont really do it here since no one really cares and it doesnt effect them that I have a gov that sucks and I would impeach if I could. but I am also in the minority here, the morons in oregon love him and I have no chance at impeachment

but for all the unhappyness with her, you guys should just get rid of her. it sounds like the whole state hates the air she breaths, it should be easy to get rid of her

Werbung:
Yes government is partly at fault here.

This is where I disagree, you are failing to look at the people who drink themselves into those situations. That is not exactly the fault of government. I could only imagine the howls from the right when it comes to building a 100million dollar road to connect a town of a thousand people to the road system.

Well when they live 100miles away, it is difficult to justify this, not to mention the DUI factor.

Also, I think it is worth pointing out, that this is not just a native problem. While there is no question Natives are disproportiontly represented in this demographic, there are plenty of whites and other ethnicities that consume to much and are subjected to homelessness and drunkeness.

I always thought these guys were homeless, once you explained it better I am more mad at governemnt than I am at the guys for the drinking.

if the government did not make dry areas they could go to the store buy their whiskey or what ever, go home and drink themselves into a stuper and pass out in their heated home and not freeze to death.

personally I never saw a white man passed out in the month I was there, just natives but I am sure some white guy was drunk on some store front that I did not notice

Back