Forget rifles, we have to ban hammers !

You can tell how liberal or conservative you are yourself by what jokes or cartoons that you think are funny. Any time I look at something like that and wonder why I don't get the joke, I realize oh yeah, it's conservative. They don't think like I do. I wonder if middle of the roader's think all political jokes are funny or not funny.

This is true to a degree, but only for the hyper partisans on either side. I lean very hard to the right, but easily laugh at conservative and liberal jokes alike.

Werbung:
63732_456778477715232_1346056734_n.jpg
580723_456778241048589_757805785_n.png
Man oh man ..That poster say's a lot...

This is true to a degree, but only for the hyper partisans on either side. I lean very hard to the right, but easily laugh at conservative and liberal jokes alike.
I LIKE YOU ROB...I too lean very hard to the right...and I find it very easy to laugh at myself..

Well. . .it appears that the opposite has happened!
The founders gave you an inch, and you took a foot!

Keep your illusions. I keep my dream of a country that feels confident and safe enough in its own right to not feel the need of that fake security blanket that guns represent for relatively "sane" people, and the killing machine they represents for criminals and crazies!
Don't forget the Mexican Cartels..They are very important to them...

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:​
  • Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
  • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
We have been down this road before. This cannot end well.

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:​
  • Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
  • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
We have been down this road before. This cannot end well.

Sounds like a good plan!

Now, can you say, specifically what you think is so "out of bound?"

It couldn't possibly be the "background check of owner and any transferee? (isn't that require when you sell a car?)
or the "type and serial number of firearm? (isn't that required to register your car with the county and your insurance?)
or positive identification, including photograph and finger print (isn't that required for a driver license?)

Or "Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners"
so. . .
Why don't you say , specifically what is so terrible about those proposals. . what would REALLY cramp YOUR style?

Sounds like a good plan!

Now, can you say, specifically what you think is so "out of bound?"

It couldn't possibly be the "background check of owner and any transferee? (isn't that require when you sell a car?)
or the "type and serial number of firearm? (isn't that required to register your car with the county and your insurance?)
or positive identification, including photograph and finger print (isn't that required for a driver license?)

Why don't you say , specifically what is so terrible about those proposals. . what would REALLY cramp YOUR style?
You do know that the no thumb hole..means most if not all of the Rifles we shoot in the Olympics, even air rifles, would now be banned, semi auto that will accept more that ten rounds, THATS HALf the 22's in this country....Most all handguns hold more than 10 rounds..These Politicians are nuts, they can't be serious!

You do know that the no thumb hole..means most if not all of the Rifles we shoot in the Olympics, even air rifles, would now be banned, semi auto that will accept more that ten rounds, THATS HALf the 22's in this country....Most all handguns hold more than 10 rounds..These Politicians are nuts, they can't be serious!
I think they know that is what would happen, they are just hoping most people are asleep and not paying attention or that they just dont care

You know you are pretty narrow minded, or not at all creative! Do you realize that, even in England where gun control is pretty extreme, people do still compete in sportive events! There are REGULATIONS that need to be followed, but it does in no way impede their performance in the Olympics!

Why don't you have a look at the 2012 Olympics games in England. . .and see how well the "gun crazy" US placed in terms of "RIFLE shooting?"

Should the Obama administration attempt to pass legislation that conflicts with the Constitution's 2nd-Amendment right to bear arms, I urge the House of Representatives to also pass a bill. The House bill should state:

"When a law-abiding and sane American citizen applies-for and is denied the right to own a gun for self defense, and is later murdered, raped, assaulted, or robbed, those Local, State, and/or Federal legislators whose "law(s)" denied that citizen his/her Constitutionally-guaranteed means of self-defense be considered "accessories before the fact" to the crime committed, and that those Legislators be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!"

Werbung:
You know you are pretty narrow minded, or not at all creative! Do you realize that, even in England where gun control is pretty extreme, people do still compete in sportive events! There are REGULATIONS that need to be followed, but it does in no way impede their performance in the Olympics!

Why don't you have a look at the 2012 Olympics games in England. . .and see how well the "gun crazy" US placed in terms of "RIFLE shooting?"[/quot
I was there..Why don't you read my post ..you ask for specifics and I gave them to you...THOSE GUNS THE WAY THE WAY IT READS WOULD BE BANNED...In England they can not own firearms..But they can own air rifles as long as they don't ecceed 12 ft pounds...please don't try ..Again the guns everyone uses in the olympics have thumb whole stocks and supressers..Even pellet guns..

Back