Forget rifles, we have to ban hammers !

You know you are pretty narrow minded, or not at all creative! Do you realize that, even in England where gun control is pretty extreme, people do still compete in sportive events! There are REGULATIONS that need to be followed, but it does in no way impede their performance in the Olympics!

Why don't you have a look at the 2012 Olympics games in England. . .and see how well the "gun crazy" US placed in terms of "RIFLE shooting?"
Why don't you have a look at the 2012 Olympics games in England. . .and see how well the "gun crazy" US placed in terms of "RIFLE shooting?"[/quot
I was there..Why don't you read my post ..you ask for specifics and I gave them to you...THOSE GUNS THE WAY THE WAY IT READS WOULD BE BANNED...In England they can not own firearms..But they can own air rifles as long as they don't ecceed 12 ft pounds...please you don't have a clue.. ..Again the guns everyone uses in the olympics have thumb whole stocks and supressers..Even pellet guns..

Werbung:
Why don't you have a look at the 2012 Olympics games in England. . .and see how well the "gun crazy" US placed in terms of "RIFLE shooting?"[/quot
I was there..Why don't you read my post ..you ask for specifics and I gave them to you...THOSE GUNS THE WAY THE WAY IT READS WOULD BE BANNED...In England they can not own firearms..But they can own air rifles as long as they don't ecceed 12 ft pounds...please you don't have a clue.. ..Again the guns everyone uses in the olympics have thumb whole stocks and supressers..Even pellet guns..
I should have included all field target shoots...

I was there too! In fact, I lived there for 4 years. .. in Surrey, while my husband worked downtown London.

And, although guns are banned, there are LOTS of shooting galleries and REGISTERED guns are used for sports. . .but they must be kept under locked either within a special (state approved) locker, or in the shooting galleries safe.

There is no reason why we can't have the same type of system here. . .and it seems that the USA doesn't have much "skills" with those rifles anyway!

When Americans are confronted by what they fear or perceives as fear i.e. the unknown he retreats to the things that give him peace and solace. He collapses upon himself into the comfort of what he knows and believes.

What I’ve deduced (yes Lag I can use fancy words) is that gun bans, confiscations or whatever have not happened during times of tribulations but during times of prosperity and peace.
I won't quote your whole passage, but it is an interesting essay. I would suppose it applies to most gun owners, but there are too many others who don't think of it as a security symbol, but more as a tool for whatever violent aggression they feel like. The NRA will never allow Congress to do anything anyway.

As far as using "fancy words," I don't think I use fancy words. In fact, I eschew obfuscation via mere pedantry.

I should have included all field target shoots...

You know what. . .if all you have to complain about on those bill proposals are those "sport" rifles, I'm sure that it can be resolved. . .but if it isn't, and if it can save the life of even 5 people every year. . .it's well worth it!

I won't quote your whole passage, but it is an interesting essay. I would suppose it applies to most gun owners, but there are too many others who don't think of it as a security symbol, but more as a tool for whatever violent aggression they feel like. The NRA will never allow Congress to do anything anyway.

As far as using "fancy words," I don't think I use fancy words. In fact, I eschew obfuscation via mere pedantry.

That's right, Lag! We all learn in college that "obfuscation and pedantry" are the gadgets used by the insecure, and that in no ways does it impress any true intellectual!

In my language. . .we describe it more plainly as "drowning the fish" or surrounded a simple thought into complicated prose in order to lose the reader and keep him from realizing that nothing very "important" is actually being said!

I do love it when you throw in those "teasing" "pedantry" though! ;)

I was there too! In fact, I lived there for 4 years. .. in Surrey, while my husband worked downtown London.

And, although guns are banned, there are LOTS of shooting galleries and REGISTERED guns are used for sports. . .but they must be kept under locked either within a special (state approved) locker, or in the shooting galleries safe.

There is no reason why we can't have the same type of system here. . .and it seems that the USA doesn't have much "skills" with those rifles anyway!
There is one great reason...OUR CONTITUTION...No skills..You do understand they shoot air rifles in the olympics...And on the pro circut we do just fine...

You know what. . .if all you have to complain about on those bill proposals are those "sport" rifles, I'm sure that it can be resolved. . .but if it isn't, and if it can save the life of even 5 people every year. . .it's well worth it!
If I thought it would save one life..I would be the first in line..and shooting is a big part of my life...

Good for you!

I'm glad you would be willing to give up a love of yours (nothing wrong with being an avid sportsman) to save a life.

It's all the other "gun addicts" that worry me. . .and I sounds like they kind of worry you too!

This is obviously NOT an easy issue. . .but just KNOW that countries who do have strict gun laws and where private gun ownership is very rare and very restricted STILL can enjoy the sport AND be successful at it (even my home country of Belgium with under 10 millions people, earned one silver medal at the last Olympics. . .The US, with 300 + millions people earned 3 gold medals, and South Korea earned 5!)

That's right, Lag! We all learn in college that "obfuscation and pedantry" are the gadgets used by the insecure, and that in no ways does it impress any true intellectual!

In my language. . .we describe it more plainly as "drowning the fish" or surrounded a simple thought into complicated prose in order to lose the reader and keep him from realizing that nothing very "important" is actually being said!

I do love it when you throw in those "teasing" "pedantry" though! ;)
Rats. I was trying to impress people but you saw through that.

Werbung:
Back