Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times staffers

Face it, Faux has no credibility and purposely skews the news in favor of the RW as these internal memos from 2003-2004 show.

Yeah, right, that's why FoxNews is kicking the crap out of every other news program in the country, all by itself. Just take a look a the Scoreboard from Nielsen for the week of July 2.

If that's not good enough for you, or you have trouble with the numbers and need pretty pictures so that you can follow along, there are these charts.
100407cablenewsviewersprimetime.gif

100407cablenewsviewerstotalday.gif

100407cablenews25-54primetime.gif

100407cablenews25-54totalday.gif

Werbung:
Ratings are not an indication of quality. According to Neilsen for the week of June 23, "America's Got Talent" was #1 with "Celebrity Family Fued" #3. Would you consider those two shows to be quality programming?

America is made up of a vast array of ignorant people. Many watch Fox News based on it's entertainment value, while others view it because it tells them what they want to hear, the truth be damned.

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/port...toid=9e4df9669fa14010VgnVCM100000880a260aRCRD

Ratings are not an indication of quality. According to Neilsen for the week of June 23, "America's Got Talent" was #1 with "Celebrity Family Fued" #3. Would you consider those two shows to be quality programming?

There you go lying again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges Popeye. The ratings charts that I showed compare NEWS programming to NEWS programming, and among NEWS programming, Fox News beats all of the others to a pulp.

America is made up of a vast array of ignorant people. <snip irrelevent garbage>

So now it's a case of everybody in the country is IGNORANT?? Try this one on for size, when everybody says that YOU'RE an idiot, are they ALL wrong, or are you really an idiot? Never mind, rhetorical question, everybody DOES know that you're an idiot, and you prove it every time you try to prop up these strawman defenses of your utter incompetence.

There you go lying again, you're trying to compare apples and oranges Popeye. The ratings charts that I showed compare NEWS programming to NEWS programming, and among NEWS programming, Fox News beats all of the others to a pulp.
I'm making an analogy, one that has obviously sailed right by you. Anyway, are you honestly attempting to tell me that ratings is the best indicator of superior news programming?

Federal Farmer said:
So now it's a case of everybody in the country is IGNORANT?? Try this one on for size, when everybody says that YOU'RE an idiot, are they ALL wrong, or are you really an idiot? Never mind, rhetorical question, everybody DOES know that you're an idiot, and you prove it every time you try to prop up these strawman defenses of your utter incompetence.
Well, you're showing some ignorance...while your ratings link is up to date, your graphs are from last Sept. and Oct. Again, I ask you, of what relevance is a news programs ratings when you are judging quality?

BTW, yes a great many Americans are shockingly ignorant. A 2006 Roper Poll of Americans (18-24) found:

63% failed to locate Iraq on a map of the Middle East.

70% could not find Iran or Israel.

90% couldn't find Afghanistan on a map of Asia.

54% were unaware that Sudan is a country in Africa

50% could not find New York State on a map of the United States

A third of the respondents could not find Louisiana

48% couldn't locate Mississippi on a map of the United States

Three in ten respondents put the U.S. population between one and two billion (it's just under 300 million, according the U.S. Census Bureau).

74% percent said English is the most commonly spoken native language in the world (it's Mandarin Chinese).

In light of those numbers, is it any wonder that a news station based on sensationalism laced with lies has found such fertile ground?

I'm making an analogy, one that has obviously sailed right by you. Anyway, are you honestly attempting to tell me that ratings is the best indicator of superior news programming?

In order for it to be a proper analogy, you have to be comparing LIKE ITEMS, which you did not. If people like the programming, and find it to be informative, honest, and fair, they will watch it, which is why CBS, NBC, ABC, PMSNBC and CNN are in the toilet where they belong.

Well, you're showing some ignorance...while your ratings link is up to date, your graphs are from last Sept. and Oct. Again, I ask you, of what relevance is a news programs ratings when you are judging quality?

It shows a continual pattern of SUPERIOR PROGRAMMING, and not just a temporary ratings jump (like some of your liberal friends tried to parlay on us a few weeks back concerning the O'Reilly factor when Bill was on vacation).

BTW, yes a great many Americans are shockingly ignorant. A 2006 Roper Poll of Americans (18-24) found:

63% failed to locate Iraq on a map of the Middle East.

70% could not find Iran or Israel.

90% couldn't find Afghanistan on a map of Asia.

54% were unaware that Sudan is a country in Africa

50% could not find New York State on a map of the United States

A third of the respondents could not find Louisiana

48% couldn't locate Mississippi on a map of the United States

Three in ten respondents put the U.S. population between one and two billion (it's just under 300 million, according the U.S. Census Bureau).

74% percent said English is the most commonly spoken native language in the world (it's Mandarin Chinese).

In light of those numbers, is it any wonder that a news station based on sensationalism laced with lies has found such fertile ground?

Well, considering that your poll covers the 18-24 year old demographic, of which I presume you are a member, it's not surprising, and it's also not germane since the Nielsen ratings I used are for the 25-54 year old demographic. Also, it might interest you to know that according to the US Census Bureau, your 18-24 year old demographic makes up less than 10% of the population, which hardly constitutes "many", by ANY metric.

Now I realize that for you it may appear that way, especially since that's obviously the demographic you "hang out" with, smoke your dope with, and drink your watered down beer with, but you're still not a majority of anything, except perhaps idiots, as your own survey proves.

In light of THESE numbers, it's hardly surprising to discover that you're STILL A LIAR, and don't have the first clue WHAT you're talking about.

In order for it to be a proper analogy, you have to be comparing LIKE ITEMS, which you did not. If people like the programming, and find it to be informative, honest, and fair, they will watch it, which is why CBS, NBC, ABC, PMSNBC and CNN are in the toilet where they belong.
Again you are equating ratings with quality which is just plain foolish. That's all need be said.

Federal Farmer said:
It shows a continual pattern of SUPERIOR PROGRAMMING, and not just a temporary ratings jump (like some of your liberal friends tried to parlay on us a few weeks back concerning the O'Reilly factor when Bill was on vacation).
Your support of a fool like O'Reilly makes me question your sanity.

Federal Farmer said:
Well, considering that your poll covers the 18-24 year old demographic, of which I presume you are a member, it's not surprising, and it's also not germane since the Nielsen ratings I used are for the 25-54 year old demographic. Also, it might interest you to know that according to the US Census Bureau, your 18-24 year old demographic makes up less than 10% of the population, which hardly constitutes "many", by ANY metric.
I'm older than 24, in fact I place down close to the middle of the 25-54 demographic. You, on the other hand, I would estimate are older. I base this on your unbending support for out of date RW causes, your citing of the sixties, your inability to see the benefit in compromise, and your apparent hatred of Obama and backing of McCain. All this adds up to your being a senior citizen. Nothing wrong with that, just remember you are subject to such things as senile dementia which may significantly alter your take on the world. In fact, this may account for the absurdities that you cling to in many of your posts.

Here's some more demonstration of American's ignorance courtesy of a book called Just How Stupid Are We?

In 1986, only 30% knew that Roe v. Wade was the Supreme Court decision that ruled abortion legal more than a decade earlier.

In 1991, Americans were asked how long the term of a United States senator is. Just 25% correctly answered six years.

How many senators are there? A poll a few years ago found that only 20% know that there are 100 senators, though the number has remained constant for the last half century (and is easy to remember).

Today the number of Americans who can correctly identify and name the three branches of government is up to 40%.

Which country dropped the nuclear bomb? Only 49% know it was their own country.

And the worst president? For years Americans would include in the list Herbert Hoover. But no more. Most today do not know who Herbert Hoover was, according to the University of Pennsylvania's National Annenberg Election Survey in 2004. Just 43% could correctly identify him.

What happened at Pearl Harbor? A great majority know: 84%.

What was the Holocaust? Nearly 70% know. (Thirty percent don't?)

In 1983, just 81% knew who Lee Harvey Oswald was and that,

In 1985, only 81% could identify Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just scratching the surface here, the link documents what I've been pointing out all along...Americans are woefully ignorant of their nation, the world and it's history. Fox takes advantage of such sheer stupidity and if you can't see that your bias has blinded you.

Again you are equating ratings with quality which is just plain foolish. That's all need be said.

No, I'm not equating ratings with quality, every ratings outlet in the WORLD equates ratings with quality.

Your support of a fool like O'Reilly makes me question your sanity.

You're making this entirely too easy. Show me where I've expressed ANY support for Bill O'Reilly. I simply used a recent attempt by your left-wing, libtard, looney-toons lunatics to try to smear FoxNews by intentionally using a single weeks RATINGS to try to promote that blithering idiot Olbermann as an example of how YOUR OWN PEOPLE use ratings to support their positions, and to be fair, I used the same metric that they did. What's the matter, can't stand it when someone uses your own tactics and beats you to death with them?

I'm older than 24, in fact I place down close to the middle of the 25-54 demographic.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of the mentally challenged like that. From the content of your postings, and the extreme lack of logic you routinely employ, I was under the impression that you were about 19.

You, on the other hand, I would estimate are older. I base this on your unbending support for out of date RW causes, your citing of the sixties, your inability to see the benefit in compromise, and your apparent hatred of Obama and backing of McCain. All this adds up to your being a senior citizen. Nothing wrong with that, just remember you are subject to such things as senile dementia which may significantly alter your take on the world. In fact, this may account for the absurdities that you cling to in many of your posts.

Not quite THAT old, but old enough to have boots older than you are. Perhaps one day when your mind catches up with your chronological age, you'll start using it for something other than a hat rack, but at this point, it would appear that it's barely qualified for that purpose. You've also made yet another "assumption" that is indicative of your lack of objectivity. I don't "hate" Obama, I merely find him to be woefully unqualified to be POTUS. Perhaps in another decade, AFTER he's had time to mature and learn more about how national politics actually works, he MAY be, but as it stands right now, he's too naive, too immature, and too unqualified for the position.

Here's some more demonstration of American's ignorance courtesy of a book called Just How Stupid Are We?

And any of that has to do with...what? At the time of the American Revolution, less than half of the population of the 13 Colonies could even read, and even less could write their own name. The statistics that you cited (from a known leftist moron) fail to cite the specific study they were garnered from, so we have no way of determining the validity of the "studies" cited! You're also attempting to equate trivial knowledge with intelligence. I'd be willing to bet that if you and I sat down, I could ask you any of 100 "basic knowledge" questions and you'd be hard pressed to answer any of them. Have you ever watched "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" I've seen PhD's have to say that they weren't, but that doesn't make them "ignorant" or "stupid", it means that they've got far more important things to remember than some minutia that doesn't have any impact on their daily lives.

I'm just scratching the surface here, the link documents what I've been pointing out all along...Americans are woefully ignorant of their nation, the world and it's history. Fox takes advantage of such sheer stupidity and if you can't see that your bias has blinded you.

The only proof of anyones "bias" and "sheer stupidity" is your own, in that you willingly admit to having an agenda against Fox (how often do you watch it?), and your consistent ASSUMPTIONS that FoxNews is the only channel I watch.

Just to help you understand exactly how foolish you really are, yes, I do watch FoxNews, but I also watch my local news which happens to be a CBS affiliate, as well as CNN, and every morning I also read Reuters, BBC, Deutsche Welle (in German), the Berlin News (in German) Le Monde (in French), Le Figaro (in French) and the Wall Street Journal. I also read the L'OSSERVATORE RAMANO once a week (the Vatican News, in Italian), Now, perhaps one day when you pull your head out of your fourth point of contact, quit being a mindless hack for the DNC, and learn to ASK QUESTIONS before making ASSUMPTIONS, you MAY be qualified to engage me in an intelligent discussion, but as it stands now, you simply are not.

(idiota)

As one who is old enough to remember BEFORE the libs took control of the "lamestream" media, I can vouch for the fact that they ARE "fair and balanced". Federal Farmer (page 1)

So a military operation like PSYOPS teamed up with "liberals" (CNN that we know of) to carry out domestic ops on behalf of the GOP....??

I'm not following you here..

Werbung:
Back