Franken to be declared winner today

Popeye

Though I'm sure Coleman and the GOP will challenge this and do a lot of sniveling, barring something unusual, get used to saying Sen. Al Franken.

In case anybody's counting...that's 59 senate seats for the diverse majority party, 41 for the pathetic all white minority party.

The canvassing board on Monday will say a recount determined Franken won by 225 votes, Secretary of State Mark Ritchie told CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/04/minnesota.senate.race/

Werbung:
I am still not sure what to think about this...I have ties to Wisconsin, and it is fun to poke fun at them, especially over the Vikings. Then of course there is the Jesse Ventura issue that Minnesotans missed the lesson on...While I think Franken is funny, he had better get his act together for the Senate, that is a whole different ball game than SNL.

I am still not sure what to think about this...I have ties to Wisconsin, and it is fun to poke fun at them, especially over the Vikings. Then of course there is the Jesse Ventura issue that Minnesotans missed the lesson on...While I think Franken is funny, he had better get his act together for the Senate, that is a whole different ball game than SNL.

Franken graduated from Harvard, plus he had a political show on Air America..I assure you he is much more than a comedian. In fact, I'd wager he's better educated and more politically aware than many already sitting in Congress.

Watch Al humbly accept the verdict of the voters of Minnesota as he declares victory in a news conference today...Congratulations Al!

Ventura a was a great Gov, only thing that held him back from being really great was Dems and repub collectively sucking . Also most forget he was Mayor of one of the larger cities here before he ran as well.

Though I'm sure Coleman and the GOP will challenge this and do a lot of sniveling, barring something unusual, get used to saying Sen. Al Franken.

In case anybody's counting...that's 59 senate seats for the diverse majority party, 41 for the pathetic all white minority party.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/04/minnesota.senate.race/

More good news from Popeye!!!!!!!!!!

It's very hard for him not to stay there once he's certified by the Secretary of State so I'm thinking... stick a fork in it, this ones done!:)

I think Franken will do a good job as he's taken this VERY seriously. He's not the SNL or Air America comic about this job... he seems very serious & thoughtful as to how important this job really is.

I wish him well!

Ventura a was a great Gov, only thing that held him back from being really great was Dems and repub collectively sucking . Also most forget he was Mayor of one of the larger cities here before he ran as well.
PFOS, I generally concede to those on the ground and in the know, as I will here. I find the opinions of those Governed by someone much more credible than an outside observer. One thing I really do respect about Ventura was that he stepped away after a single term. Almost no politicians do that.

Werbung:
Franken graduated from Harvard, plus he had a political show on Air America..I assure you he is much more than a comedian. In fact, I'd wager he's better educated and more politically aware than many already sitting in Congress.

Watch Al humbly accept the verdict of the voters of Minnesota as he declares victory in a news conference today...Congratulations Al!
I did actually manage to watch the victory speech at a friends on CNN. He was quite humble and respectful, but I dont think the right will concede that fact. Also, while Air America never made it to my part of the world, I am aware that he was apart of that, but learned later about his education.
Either way, and I am sure he would cringe to hear me say this, everytime I see him on TV I cant help but think of Stuart Smalley, and especially the Michael Jordan clip. Of which I think might be among the most hilarious skits of SNL ever.

Either way, I hope that the controversy is done and he will do a good job as Senator of Minnesota. I wish him more success than the Vikings:D

Back