Free concert brings people to Obama speech

Pandora

Just like the speech Obama gave in Portland Oregon a few months ago, the speech today in Germany was following a free concert. But the news for the most part neglected to report that, just saying how many thousands came out for the event..... without any mention of the free concert. Actually in todays case 2 free concerts in the park.

Werbung:
Just like the speech Obama gave in Portland Oregon a few months ago, the speech today in Germany was following a free concert. But the news for the most part neglected to report that, just saying how many thousands came out for the event..... without any mention of the free concert. Actually in todays case 2 free concerts in the park.

I saw the worshipful reports - you're right - they didn't say anything. Everytime I've seen McCain on lately, it's when he made a verbal gaffe, or he says something that the "lib" news reporter takes issue with. Why doesn't someone do a study comparing the amount of coverage the two get, and the amount of positive versus negative reports? I've seen a number of elections, and I've NEVER seen such wholesale bias in my life. It's crystal clear that the lib media is determined to get Obama elected.

I saw the worshipful reports - you're right - they didn't say anything. Everytime I've seen McCain on lately, it's when he made a verbal gaffe, or he says something that the "lib" news reporter takes issue with. Why doesn't someone do a study comparing the amount of coverage the two get, and the amount of positive versus negative reports? I've seen a number of elections, and I've NEVER seen such wholesale bias in my life. It's crystal clear that the lib media is determined to get Obama elected.

Well one is a regular "ugly" American, the other is the Messiah

Actually some German dork said Obama was his new Messiah. That also will not be reported much.

I wonder if the NY Times will do another front pager saying God is dead, but this time adding, long live Obama

I believe it was the Obama speech that brought the people to the concert.

Well of course it was. I guess a lot of people have just never been to a huge stadium size major speakers event.

Every big headliner has some type of entertainment to keep the crowd entertained while they build up to the main event. I've even been to rallies where they had entertainment before & after... recently here in Ohio it was the big AM 1580 WVKO event at the McKoy Center with Progressive talk show host Stephanie Miller.

It's sad people really even try to spin the idea that somehow the rest of the world liking America and wanting to work together with us is such a "bad" thing that they try to undermine the un-underminable.
:D

Bottom line>>>>>>>>>>>> GREAT WEEK FOR BARACK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36J3EcQYqDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxAcACtMRU

I believe it was the Obama speech that brought the people to the concert.

Though Obama has always brought large amounts of people to his events, the two biggest events he has had in his history both were followed by free concerts. It would be stupid to think that the only two times he had extremely large events and both were following free concerts of popular rock bands.........that he brought the bands!

but there is no lack of stupidity with Obama supporters so I guess you could think that!

I just posted this on the other topic. I think the key is going to be what the bounce looks like in the battleground states, not nationally. In a few more days I think we can start to make better predictions when new numbers come out in the battleground states.

Though Obama has always brought large amounts of people to his events, the two biggest events he has had in his history both were followed by free concerts. It would be stupid to think that the only two times he had extremely large events and both were following free concerts of popular rock bands.........that he brought the bands!

but there is no lack of stupidity with Obama supporters so I guess you could think that!

You're right..... the very fact that EVERY EVENT Senator Obama has held has been a super sell out, people around the building that can't even get in, in size obviously shows a complete lack of support by the American people for his campaign.

You'll be pleased to know that I have personally written to the Senator and begged him to please, PLEASE find a cheese case somewhere, stand in front of it with 20 or so people listening and then ramble nonsensically like John McCain does... it's clearly the way to go... LoL!!!

It seems the greatest fears of those absolutely shaking in their boots seeing all the repeated world class crowds for Senator Obama is having the desired effect.

I can tell you from personal experience here in Columbus, Ohio. No bands... no warm up act... just the Senator. Huge (and I mean MEGA HUGE) brand new High school complex... got there 2 hours early... Auditorium already Full... Gymnasium already Full... Hallways already Full... and a line outside wrapped around the whole complex not once but almost twice.

Good times... very good times...
:)

But I see now old John is trying to counter Senator Obama's rock star image. Don't think his message of let's keep the problems we've got will fly... but hey... the old guy's trying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rOF-j1L0vE

You're right..... the very fact that EVERY EVENT Senator Obama has held has been a super sell out, people around the building that can't even get in, in size obviously shows a complete lack of support by the American people for his campaign.

You'll be pleased to know that I have personally written to the Senator and begged him to please, PLEASE find a cheese case somewhere, stand in front of it with 20 or so people listening and then ramble nonsensically like John McCain does... it's clearly the way to go... LoL!!!

It seems the greatest fears of those absolutely shaking in their boots seeing all the repeated world class crowds for Senator Obama is having the desired effect.

I can tell you from personal experience here in Columbus, Ohio. No bands... no warm up act... just the Senator. Huge (and I mean MEGA HUGE) brand new High school complex... got there 2 hours early... Auditorium already Full... Gymnasium already Full... Hallways already Full... and a line outside wrapped around the whole complex not once but almost twice.

Good times... very good times...
:)

But I see now old John is trying to counter Senator Obama's rock star image. Don't think his message of let's keep the problems we've got will fly... but hey... the old guy's trying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rOF-j1L0vE

I agree he brings them in. Those two events much more than double the amount he normally brings in, due to the concert, though he does not need a concert to draw a crowd, the two biggest events did have free concerts before hand. My point is more that the media should be more honest about it and report the concerts, not Obama's ability to bring people to see him.

Does McCain even do events? I do not keep up on McCain, I was under the impression he didn't do events at all.

funny that for all those who just showed up for the concert as implied...how many had American flags and all that, its almost like Obama was the draw the music to keep people happy till he spoke....

The American flags were handed out by the campaign. Just like signs are at the events here. I remember during the Kerry vs Bush there was some scuttlebutt that he was anti American and the campaign brought out hundreds of flags, they had one of his event organizers screaming on camera, more flags more flags... it was funny.

It is possible that the bands came to keep the people entertained till Obama could speak. I just think its not likely since the two biggest events he has ever had were this one and the one in my home state of Oregon.......Both opened with free concerts from popular bands.

Werbung:
The American flags were handed out by the campaign. Just like signs are at the events here. I remember during the Kerry vs Bush there was some scuttlebutt that he was anti American and the campaign brought out hundreds of flags, they had one of his event organizers screaming on camera, more flags more flags... it was funny.

It is possible that the bands came to keep the people entertained till Obama could speak. I just think its not likely since the two biggest events he has ever had were this one and the one in my home state of Oregon.......Both opened with free concerts from popular bands.

Did that free band down in Portland make sure the Oregon primary went for Obama too? What about when Oregon is carried by Obama this November?

You think if McCain showed up in Portland, with the same band playing, he would draw 75,000?

You keep bringing up excuses for the popularity of this man. Face it, Obama inspires people, McCain puts them to sleep.

Check this out:

A Washington Post/ABC News poll last month found that 54 per cent of Obama supporters say they are "very enthusiastic." Only 17 per cent of McCain supporters said they felt that way.

A USA Today/Gallup poll found 67 per cent of Obama's supporters are "more excited than usual about voting" for their candidate. Only 31 per cent of McCain's supporters can say the same thing.

The Enthusiasm Gap

Back