Free concert brings people to Obama speech

Did that free band down in Portland make sure the Oregon primary went for Obama too? What about when Oregon is carried by Obama this November?

You think if McCain showed up in Portland, with the same band playing, he would draw 75,000?

You keep bringing up excuses for the popularity of this man. Face it, Obama inspires people, McCain puts them to sleep.

Check this out:

The Enthusiasm Gap

No, not true. I am not making excuses. I am sure you can go back and read that I said he brings a crowd no doubt. Bigger crowds than anyone before him. All I am saying is his two biggest events ever, both opened with free concerts by popular bands. It bugs me when the news neglects to tell you the whole story, so I posted. He would have still had a very very large crowd even if there had of been no concert, I just dont think as big.

McCain could not get any group that big no matter what. Can McCain even get a group? Hillary couldn't either. I have no doubt that Obama inspires many people. All I am saying is the news neglected to report about the free concert's and I think that is wrong and dishonest.

Werbung:
Check this out:

Quote:
A Washington Post/ABC News poll last month found that 54 per cent of Obama supporters say they are "very enthusiastic." Only 17 per cent of McCain supporters said they felt that way.

A USA Today/Gallup poll found 67 per cent of Obama's supporters are "more excited than usual about voting" for their candidate. Only 31 per cent of McCain's supporters can say the same thing.

The Enthusiasm Gap

I don't see that as being indicative of anything, really. Remember, the two conflicting ideologies - conservatism and liberalism - by their nature draw varying levels of participation and enthusiasm. I'd say there are far more "casual" conservatives in the US than "casual" liberals (in theory, anyway). Liberalism contains a lot more complicated views on government than conservatism (very, very generally speaking) so it isn't too surprising that Obama's supporters are "more enthusiastic" than McCain's. Actual conservatism preaches less government - a lot of the time because its proponents would rather be doing other things.

Side note: Let's not forget one of history's greatest lessons: just because people are zealous (and organized) doesn't mean they're in the right.

A Washington Post/ABC News poll last month found that 54 per cent of Obama supporters say they are "very enthusiastic." Only 17 per cent of McCain supporters said they felt that way.

Obama supporters have no friggin idea what they're getting, they just know its got something to do with hope, change, belief and it will be historic.

McCain's "supporters" know exactly what they'll be getting so its no surprise they are not "enthusiastic" about it... there just is no alternative.

Obama supporters have no friggin idea what they're getting, they just know its got something to do with hope, change, belief and it will be historic.

McCain's "supporters" know exactly what they'll be getting so its no surprise they are not "enthusiastic" about it... there just is no alternative.

HAHA I like that last part about McCain. That is exactly how I feel :eek:

The American flags were handed out by the campaign. Just like signs are at the events here. I remember during the Kerry vs Bush there was some scuttlebutt that he was anti American and the campaign brought out hundreds of flags, they had one of his event organizers screaming on camera, more flags more flags... it was funny.

It is possible that the bands came to keep the people entertained till Obama could speak. I just think its not likely since the two biggest events he has ever had were this one and the one in my home state of Oregon.......Both opened with free concerts from popular bands.

I yet to even hear who this so called band is , I mean for it to play that big of a part of who shows up must be a big band. As a example I was a a show for the Band Hurt on Friday, a band with major airplay on the radio here, and a good following...they played to small rock venue with a few hundred People. I dont listen to radio much but I knew who the band was still.so they are no small band...For a Free show with the Smashing pumpkins a few years ago...150,000 showed up. At there Prime. ....So unless U2 was playing or something, then the majority where there for Obama I would bet.

Depending on who this band was, it could be like saying 50,000 showed up to Hear Bush speak....but to be fair they could have been there for the marching band that played before him.....It would be dumb.

I yet to even hear who this so called band is , I mean for it to play that big of a part of who shows up must be a big band. As a example I was a a show for the Band Hurt on Friday, a band with major airplay on the radio here, and a good following...they played to small rock venue with a few hundred People. I dont listen to radio much but I knew who the band was still.so they are no small band...For a Free show with the Smashing pumpkins a few years ago...150,000 showed up. At there Prime. ....So unless U2 was playing or something, then the majority where there for Obama I would bet.

ok, again all I am saying is it would be fair for the news to report the free concerts and they didnt.

I am not saying they shouldnt swoon over Obama, call him god like, attractive, smart as a whip, a real Ace. but while your saying all that and you are talking about the record turn out, just mention the two free bands. just to pretend to be a bit honest or balanced.

I dont think the news mentioning it would be bad or wrong and they could fall all over Obama while they say it. they would not have to compromise a bit.

Same thing happened at his other record turnout event in portland, no mention of the most popular band that plays that area...

I agree he brings them in. Those two events much more than double the amount he normally brings in, due to the concert, though he does not need a concert to draw a crowd, the two biggest events did have free concerts before hand. My point is more that the media should be more honest about it and report the concerts, not Obama's ability to bring people to see him.

Does McCain even do events? I do not keep up on McCain, I was under the impression he didn't do events at all.

Of course John McCain does events!!!

How could you have possibly missed his acclaimed performance in front of the CHEESE CASE wooing at least 20 or thirty people all at once.

And then there was that huge GREEN SCREEN speech he gave... at least a hundred almost excited & enthusiastic people there!

OK I'll pull the McCain "big ones" up for everyone as a matter of equal time...

John McCain... THE CHEESE CASE RALLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6N42M81Yg0

John McCain... THE GREEN SCREEN SPEECH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aMDJP4VxY4

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxU-fvZEUKs

How could you have possibly missed his acclaimed performance in front of the CHEESE CASE wooing at least 20 or thirty people all at once.

And then there was that huge GREEN SCREEN speech he gave... at least a hundred almost excited & enthusiastic people there!

or

And yet he remains close in all the polls. The debates will decide who wins or loses it.

or

You are so funny! I get a kick out of you :)

I honestly have never watched a full McCain speech. I see bits and clips that the news shows but nothing from beginning to end. I have also never really seen him in a crowd, its usually old people standing next to him while he says something at a podium. I have read some of the speeches though and read his policy's.

On the other hand........I really try hard to never miss an Obama event. I search them out. I find them interesting. Had someone told me there would be someone like him who could sway so many with so little I would have bet my house it was not possible. But then again I would have bet my house that I would have never voted for Hillary and I sure did that :)

obama is a complete disgrace to the Muslims he is a part of he is a stupid man with a ugly wife and hopefully he will lose badly.

ok, again all I am saying is it would be fair for the news to report the free concerts and they didnt.

I am not saying they shouldnt swoon over Obama, call him god like, attractive, smart as a whip, a real Ace. but while your saying all that and you are talking about the record turn out, just mention the two free bands. just to pretend to be a bit honest or balanced.

I dont think the news mentioning it would be bad or wrong and they could fall all over Obama while they say it. they would not have to compromise a bit.

Same thing happened at his other record turnout event in portland, no mention of the most popular band that plays that area...

Like I said even those who come just for the band make up a very small amount of the people. I went to a aerosmith concert, news said X where at the show...did not say I was there for the Cult....its not BIas its just not realy a major part of the story.

Like I said even those who come just for the band make up a very small amount of the people. I went to a aerosmith concert, news said X where at the show...did not say I was there for the Cult....its not BIas its just not realy a major part of the story.

I think it was enough of the story in both cases that someone should at least mention it while they were mentioning the record turn outs.

but I guess that would be telling a portion of the story that was not focused directly on Obama only and so that is not a good thing.

Its so strange to me the way he is reported so differntly than any other human being.

I think it was enough of the story in both cases that someone should at least mention it while they were mentioning the record turn outs.

but I guess that would be telling a portion of the story that was not focused directly on Obama only and so that is not a good thing.

Its so strange to me the way he is reported so differntly than any other human being.

no you just care when they do it with him, you ignore the rest. And fact is McCain is boring to follow.

Werbung:
Honestly its almost as though there is a spell cast on some people. I know there really isnt a spell cast but that is the best way I can explain the very strange.

I do not think I have ever seen a more interesting politician than Obama.

no you just care when they do it with him, you ignore the rest. And fact is McCain is boring to follow.

I agree McCain is boring to follow. I can not see how Popeye can stand to take the time to follow him so close. But I am glad he does, someone has to do it. Obama is very interesting to follow. It’s more entertaining than a whole lot of things I could do instead.

I have noticed I am not the only one who feels that Obama is being treated as though he is a Messiah and or God.

One of the Germans at his event said Obama was his new messiah.
There is this cute skit thing out using bible lingo to describe Obama’s life as though he is the messiah. At least a couple of times a week I hear words that describe him as something above all when describing Obama.

I do not think anyone who claims he is being treated the same as any other politician is being honest. His inadequate qualities are being ignored by most and when anyone like myself refuse to ignore them, we are being attacked, called racist all for not ignoring what is out there and shining like a diamond in a goats butt!

But that is part of what makes this all so interesting….

Back