Gallup: GOP popularity at all time low

Popeye

Only a paltry 34% have a favorable view of the Republicans while 61% have an unfavorable view..the 61% is the highest Gallup has recorded for the party since the measure was first established back in 1992. By contrast, 55% have a favorable view of the Democrats, only 39% unfavorable. I guess the only real question that remains for the pathetic GOP is... how low can you go?

rvns8egofksyf0g5qs4gvq.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/112015/GOP-Takes-Another-Image-Hit-PostElection.aspx

Werbung:
The right thing is not always popular, and the popular thing is not always right

:)

I see, so that's your take on why the GOP's popularity is so low...no offense, but it sounds like a cop out. I like what Katleen Parker had to say, in what was a great piece the other day...

the Republican Party is largely comprised of white, married Christians. Anyone watching the two conventions last summer can't have missed the stark differences: One party was brimming with energy, youth and diversity; the other felt like an annual Depends sales meeting.

Among Jewish voters, 78 percent went for Obama. Sixty-six percent of under-30 voters did likewise. Forty-five percent of voters ages 18-29 are Democrats compared to just 26 percent Republican; in 2000, party affiliation was split almost evenly.

The young will get older, of course. Most eventually will marry, and some will become their parents. But nonwhites won't get whiter. And the nonreligious won't get religion through external conversion. It doesn't work that way.

Given those facts, the future of the GOP looks dim and dimmer if it stays the present course. Either the Republican Party needs a new base -- or the nation may need a new party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/18/AR2008111802886.html

I did not mean to give that as a reason for the low popularity ratings. I think its because of a number of things. Bush is one, the media is another.

Its the idea that you either have to be some extreme christian (turning off the conservatives who happen to be non religous), and the moderates who I would personally blame for most all of it.

I dont personally care if its unpopular to be a conservative. I would rather be part of a group who I feel is right than a group that is large.

I am not a republican and even if I could be one and have my vote counted in my nutty state I would either stay a dem or become indy :)

Werbung:
Actually, the increase in unfavorable (note: not UNPOPULAR) and the decrease in favorable (note: not POPULAR) is for a myriad of reasons. Most are interconnected, each influencing another.

The media and ignoramuses all over the place have managed to convince the stuck-on-stupid ones that Conservatism is all about extreme, fundamentalist Christian ideology, and their desire to control all aspects of everyones life. That could not be further from the truth.

Conservatism respects the Constitution. It holds to the Bill of Rights; personal freedoms and responsibilities; small, non-intrusive government.

Conservatism in the Republican party has been vanishing. THAT, in a nut shell, is why their unfavorability rate is so high.

Back