Gallup: Obama largest lead yet

Popeye

Today's (3-30) Gallup Daily tracking poll shows Barack Obama holding his largest lead yet over Hillary:

Obama-52%
Clinton-42%

Rasmussen has got some interesting results as well:

Nomination
Obama-47%
Clinton-42%

GE
McCain-47% Obama-44%
McCain-50% Clinton-40%

Obama-49% favorable 48% unfavorable
Clinton-42% favorable 56% unfavorable

Check out those high unfavorables on Hillary. All this is good news for Obama, as the Wright controversy, in terms of the polls, has now been put behind him. Once the queen of Bosnia has been dispatched, he can focus on improving his numbers against McCain.

Werbung:
Today's (3-30) Gallup Daily tracking poll shows Barack Obama holding his largest lead yet over Hillary:

Obama-52%
Clinton-42%

Nomination
Obama-47%
Clinton-42%

GE
McCain-47% Obama-44%
McCain-50% Clinton-40%

Check out those high unfavorables on Hillary. All this is good news for Obama, as the Wright controversy, in terms of the polls, has now been put behind him. Once the queen of Bosnia has been dispatched, he can focus on improving his numbers against McCain.

It looks like it's going to be President McCain, doesn't it?

There is some wild speculation (totally unfounded, but certainly possible) that the Clinton camp wants McCain to win the presidency, so that she can make another run in '12, and that's why she won't drop out and let Barack concentrate on running against McCain.

Interesting idea, anyway.

Can you not run again if you loose an election as the final nominee then?

Of course you can. The theory is that if McCain occupies the WH in '12, then Clinton could run again on the Democratic ticket, but if Obama is the tenant there, she would have a hard time getting the nomination away from an incumbent in her own party.

Of course, she could become a Republican, especially now that they have become another party of statism. It wouldn't be such a stretch.

Obama-52%
Clinton-42%

Nomination
Obama-47%
Clinton-42%

GE
McCain-47% Obama-44%
McCain-50% Clinton-40%

"Mmmmmmmmmm!" as John Stewart would say.

I think you'll find that John McCain is leading both of them!:D

Not only that but Bill Clinton hinted that the Clintons would not support a non-patriot in the White House which means that if Obama wins the nomination the Clintons will say they support him but will do everything to sink his chances in order to elect McCain.

It looks like it's going to be President McCain, doesn't it?

There is some wild speculation (totally unfounded, but certainly possible) that the Clinton camp wants McCain to win the presidency, so that she can make another run in '12, and that's why she won't drop out and let Barack concentrate on running against McCain.
The Clintons are already putting than plan in motion.They know Hillary's chances of winning the nomination are slim and none. Keeping that in mind, they're already doing everything they can to assure a McCain win while looking ahead to 2012. Hillary's entire career has been based on what's best for Hillary not the Democratic party.

Of course, she could become a Republican, especially now that they have become another party of statism. It wouldn't be such a stretch.

She already was a member of the dark side. Besides being a Goldwater Girl, she was president of the Young Republicans at Wellesley College. Even now, she acts like a Republican, as her recent cozying up to Richard Mellon Scaife demonstrates.

Hillary's entire career has been based on what's best for Hillary not the Democratic party.

And, if she manages to become president now or sometime in the future, will her actions be based on what's best for the country, or on what's best for Hillary?

I'm not sure of the answer to that one, are you?

Werbung:
And, if she manages to become president now or sometime in the future, will her actions be based on what's best for the country, or on what's best for Hillary?

I'm not sure of the answer to that one, are you?

I am pretty confident in my answer being that Hillary looks out for number #1 and that is her. It must be frustrating for her, keeping together her marriage of political convenience through all those tough times and philandering for her shot at the WH, only to have it blown away by the young upstart next JFK.

As for the Poll and McCain winning. Give me a break. Polls dont mean $hit right now. The general election is 8 months away. Lets think back to what the polls said 8 months ago...
Hillary was inevitable
Obama hoping to be VP
McCain was in the morgue awaiting burial.

Lately McCain has gotten a slide from the media because of the ongoing democratic race. I like McCain and think he would do fine as President. But just wait until the democrats can focus on him and the turncoat operations he is pulling. I watched him on Letterman last night, he basically strapped on the knee pads for Reagan, mentioning him at least twice. Also Huckabee.

Keep in mind. We have had 8 years of George W. Bush. The raise of Obama, and McCain are a direct result of people being tired of those policies, but more important, is the Bush/neo-con way of going about doing things that turns of Americans.

Bottom line is that this poll doesnt mean squat when looking at the polls for the previous year.

Back