1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Gallup: Obama McCain tie

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Libsmasher, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I said all along there would be no VP bump, I was right :cool:

As for the convention, I think we will see a bump, but then see it fall back to even after the republican convention. It will be a close race.

4. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I think the biden bumb will come more when he gets out on the trail...and also I dont see Mccain getting a bumb from most of his VP choices,,,maybe Mitt, but even that I dont see much.

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I disagree. I do not see any bump to speak of coming from Biden. He will get a bump from the convention, but it will even back out after the Republican convention and stay close all the way through.

Biden and whoever it is that McCain picks will be exciting for a week or two and then will return to being irrelevant. It is up to either Obama or McCain to win the election.

6. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    Im thinking the bumb will be from having Biden go on teh attack and also his as he gets more known being able to pull insome more blue colar workers and white males.

I think mitt Will get no first bump but in time pull a few more christians and buisness republicans into the McCain camp.

7. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I do not see it. Biden can go on the attack all he wants, most people are not going to pay attention. The solution for the democrats to the attacks are not to attack back, people want to hear solutions, and the more Obama goes on the attack the more he looks like the typical politician and the more people gravitate away from him.

I am also not sure why everyone keeps saying Obama will get a bump when people "get to know him." The guy has been the news story for what, 18 months now? Who does not know him?

I think he will generate a bit of a bump as he solidifies conservatives who are angry over McCain. Polls showed that something like 60% of conservative wish they had a different nominee, I think Romney (if it is him) energizes them at least to an extent.