Gates vs. Paranoid/Bloated-Defense "conservatives"!

Werbung:
Further, we are the world hegemon, of course we are going to spend more than Europe on defense.
No....we're gonna spend more than Europe on weaponry!!!

You "conservatives" need to realize Defense is a relative-concept!!!

"Not only is Interpol underutilized, Noble says it is also hopelessly under-funded. The U.S. contributes $5.5 million to the organization's $50 million budget, a pittance compared to big city police departments.

"NYPD, $3 billion a year. FBI, $6 billion a year. DHS, $42 billion a year. Interpol is about $50 million," Noble points out. "About the same amount that the Los Angeles Galaxy is paying for David Beckham to play football. That's what the world is contributing to Interpol to keep the citizens of the world safer that they otherwise would be."

Law Enforcement is not funded in defense spending... that is a separate thing. And our "weaponry" is what allows us to defend ourselves.
....And, that's why we're still fighting.....and, Europe's (actually) catching terrorists!

I'll bet our local investors (in the weapons-industry) aren't complaining, though.

:rolleyes:

....And, that's why we're still fighting.....and, Europe's (actually) catching terrorists!

I'll bet our local investors (in the weapons-industry) aren't complaining, though.

Yea, those invested in the defense industry have seen 50% stock declines like the rest of us. They must not be complaining though...

I disagree with this assessment. If we did not have smart bombs etc, we would be fighting a much more costly war (in terms of human life) trying to root out those in the caves.

There certainly are wasteful programs in defense spending, same as all spending, but there are many programs we are not funding that need to be funded. For example, our tanks are aging, our nuclear force is in atrophy. We don't really have any long range bomber to speak of (outside of the B-52, which is quite old) with very small exceptions. The F-22 can replace the very old F-15. Stealth technology is over twenty years old. We are falling behind in force modernization and need to spend on it.

You can debate how heavy the Army should be all day long, but it needs to be prepared for every threat. Light and mobile will not win a heavy war. I think discounting the notion that we will find ourselves in state vs state conflict again in short-sighted.

I am not saying any one program, the f-22 was a needed platform, as the f-15 fleet actuly was costing more to keep air ready then the new ones will cost even if the upfront cost are higher. But there are many platforms out there, and resurch on things that we dont need to be spending money on , that are mostly just pork, wast, and outdate...but no one will cut them becuse they dont want to cut the military...even if it makes sense.

Yea, those invested in the defense industry have seen 50% stock declines like the rest of us. They must not be complaining though...
I guess I'd have to be willing to take a "conservatives'" word, for that :rolleyes: .....but, back to the weapons-industry.

Law Enforcement is not funded in defense spending... that is a separate thing. And our "weaponry" is what allows us to defend ourselves.
Yeah....we wouldn't want to be too-surgical in our defense-methods.

How're you gonna get your nuts "off", without a lil' shock & awe...especially when you can sit, States-side, and WATCH the whole-thing, right?

Ya' gotta start workin' on your paranoia. Educating yourself would be a good-start.​

Yeah....we wouldn't want to be too-surgical in our defense-methods.

How're you gonna get your nuts "off", without a lil' shock & awe...especially when you can sit, States-side, and WATCH the whole-thing, right?

Ya' gotta start workin' on your paranoia. Educating yourself would be a good-start.​

I guess I am a little confused by your post which is basically about the President's amending of Executive Order 12425, when I never mentioned anything about that or about Interpol's role in the United States.

Interpol has to date been a general failure in combating terrorism...why exactly do you suppose that is?

Just recently they've seen a loss....after 8-years of GLUT!!!!

I guess their investors will have to find some new creative-way to kill people.

I guess they could always go-after the EPA, for amusement-purposes.​

Werbung:
Just recently they've seen a loss....after 8-years of GLUT!!!!

The same could be said of numerous industries... why do you single out defense?

I guess their investors will have to find some new creative-way to kill people.

This is quite the telling comment, and gives quite a bit of insight into how you feel about the military in general.​

Back