Gay Sex Kills

I read through the OP's article. I'm now going to respond directly to it.

In light of the irrefutable medical facts, it should be considered criminally reckless for educators to teach children that homosexual conduct is a normal, safe and perfectly acceptable alternative form of sexual expression (or “sexual orientation”).

This paragraph brings to light the fundamental problem with the anti-gay argument. Promoting sexual orientation does not mean promoting active sexual activity. Saying that it is okay for someone to be gay is the same as saying it is okay for someone to be straight (or bisexual, for that matter). Orientation does not necessitate action.

But instead, the “gay” lifestyle is vigorously promoted in our public schools. Sexually confused children who suffer from gender identity disorder and same-sex attractions are told to “embrace who they are,” and are encouraged to entertain deviant and dangerous sexual temptations. “But always use a condom!” liberal educators bellow. (Forget that condoms have a perilously high failure rate and are incapable of preventing numerous STDs such as the HPV virus.)

The bolded statement is a fallacy. If there are any educators out there who are telling kids, "Go **** like crazy!", then they are not holding to our agenda the way it is supposed to go.

Here's how sexual education ought to go:

Hi kids. You're teenagers now, which means you probably want to have sex. While that is your decision, you ought to know a few things first:

All people have sexual orientations - the msot common being hetero- and homosexual. There is no innate inequality between the two - gay people can be just as smart as straight people, straight people can be just as smart as gay people, etc. Having a particular sexual orientation doesn't mean you have to act on it, despite hormonal and peer pressure. In the end, how you choose to express yourself sexually is up to you.

Sexual activity can be dangerous. Besides pregnancy, you can be at risk from a number of diseases/infections (followed by the list - leave nothing out, including all methods of transmit).

There are some things that can make sex safer, however they (condoms, etc.) are not perfect (followed by statistics, etc.). If you choose to utilize contraceptives, know that you are taking a risk.

Ultimately, the only way to stay entirely risk-free is by abstaining from sex. There are a number of benefits (followed by list of those benefits). It is entirely possible to accept and embrace your sexual identity, ie your orientation, without being sexually active. Remember, the choice is yours.

-The VyO-Approved Sexual Education Curriculum

It is important to remember and promote that orientation is separate from action. It is important to remember and promote that both sides are equal. And, of course, there are the "cold, hard facts." That's what sexual education ought to be.

Werbung:
So you're saying that you're going to be intolerant but you'll tolerate them anyway?

Perhaps you'd like to fill me in as to what you mean by, "I don't have to be tolerant."

Oh, and by the way, morality is subjective. What's "wrong" to you might well be very "right" to someone else.

Yeah, that's exactly right (almost) - I don't respect the whole gay rights movement because I consider it morally reprehensible, but I'll tolerate it in the sense that I won't badger them, call them names, or use violence to counter their arguments. I don't have to respect behaviors I disagree with.

Using your logic, the very fact that you don't agree with my stance means you're being intolerant of me. Shame on you. :rolleyes:

And yes - morality IS subjective. For example, I think skinheads(neo-nazis) are morally wrong. But they think they're right. And what you're saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is, "who are we to judge right from wrong"?

Which is why schools shouldn't be teaching subjective issues like lifestyle choices. Schools should be teaching objective facts.

I read through the OP's article. I'm now going to respond directly to it.

This paragraph brings to light the fundamental problem with the anti-gay argument. Promoting sexual orientation does not mean promoting active sexual activity. Saying that it is okay for someone to be gay is the same as saying it is okay for someone to be straight (or bisexual, for that matter). Orientation does not necessitate action.

The bolded statement is a fallacy. If there are any educators out there who are telling kids, "Go **** like crazy!", then they are not holding to our agenda the way it is supposed to go.

Here's how sexual education ought to go:

It is important to remember and promote that orientation is separate from action. It is important to remember and promote that both sides are equal. And, of course, there are the "cold, hard facts." That's what sexual education ought to be.

But none of this relates directly to the threads topic; excerpt to the link that started this topic:

But instead, the “gay” lifestyle is vigorously promoted in our public schools. Sexually confused children who suffer from gender identity disorder and same-sex attractions are told to “embrace who they are,” and are encouraged to entertain deviant and dangerous sexual temptations. “But always use a condom!”

This is an indoctrination.

Yeah, that's exactly right (almost) - I don't respect the whole gay rights movement because I consider it morally reprehensible, but I'll tolerate it in the sense that I won't badger them, call them names, or use violence to counter their arguments. I don't have to respect behaviors I disagree with.

That's enough for me.

Using your logic, the very fact that you don't agree with my stance means you're being intolerant of me. Shame on you. :rolleyes:

There are many levels of tolerance. I seek to understand as many viewpoints on all things as I can (that's why I came here in the first place). In a sense, yes, I was being intolerant of you (by not agreeing with you); in another sense, I was being quite tolerant of you for not exercising my considerable Modly powers and just banning you for disagreeing with me (which I wouldn't do). Moderating tolerance is one of the things I came here to do.

And yes - morality IS subjective. For example, I think skinheads(neo-nazis) are morally wrong. But they think they're right. And what you're saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is, "who are we to judge right from wrong"?

Which is why schools shouldn't be teaching subjective issues like lifestyle choices. Schools should be teaching objective facts.

I'm impressed. Honestly, the "morality is subjective" comment was bait, but you played it well. And I agree - schools should teach objective facts, facts including orientational equity. We might reach an understanding yet.

But none of this relates directly to the threads topic; excerpt to the link that started this topic:

But instead, the “gay” lifestyle is vigorously promoted in our public schools. Sexually confused children who suffer from gender identity disorder and same-sex attractions are told to “embrace who they are,” and are encouraged to entertain deviant and dangerous sexual temptations. “But always use a condom!”

This is an indoctrination.

In no classroom should a teacher ask students to come forward and present their sexuality (and to the best of my knowledge, in the few cases that's happened the teacher in question has been swiftly, and justly, fired). If a teacher was to do so, and then look all the gay students right in the eye and say, "You should have sex because you are gay," that would be indocrination.

Telling a classroom full of students, impartially, that it is okay, beneficial even, to embrace their sexual orientation is not indocrination - it is fact, established by the APA, that denying one's sexual orientation can and usually does cause a significant amout of internal emotional distress.

Telling a classroom full of students, impartially, that it is okay, beneficial even, to embrace their sexual orientation is not indocrination - it is fact, established by the APA, that denying one's sexual orientation can and usually does cause a significant amout of internal emotional distress.

It is a fact that middle school Jr high kids can be emotionally mixed up anyway until they mature... so...the schools should stay out of it, as it's none of their flippin' business.

I still haven't seen any evidence that gay sex kills, or that the schools are telling kids to go and have sex, or that homosexuality is immoral. Let's take those premises one at a time:

Gay sex kills? Well, promiscuity can kill by transmitting diseases of course. Homosexuality that is kept locked tightly in a closet somewhere for fear of rejection by friends, family, even parents can certainly raise stress levels, be a cause for self loathing, which can lead to drug abuse and even suicide. That can shorten lives.

Schools are telling kids to go and have sex? If that's so, then those schools need to be closed down. I seriously doubt that any are, however.

Homosexuality is immoral? Homosexuality is something that people are born with, or not. At one time, it was considered bad, even "sinister", to be left handed. Seriously! Try looking up the etymology of the word "sinister" and see. What is immoral is promiscuity, whether the participants are homo or hetero. I think the case could be made that heterosexual promiscuity is worse, as there is that possibility of unwanted babies. What is really immoral is the fact that there are so many unwanted babies, many of whom are killed before birth. Homosexuality doesn't contribute to that shame.

Maybe because organized religion is unfounded nonsense while homosexuality is an issue many people have to accept and deal with?

90% of the world's population is a member of an organized religion, one way or another, while people who practice homosexuality is... what...10%(?).

So what exactly is the issue many people have to accept and deal with, eh?

Deal with? This is about schools, it's not about what you as an adult choose to do with your life. Schools are what I have a difficult time dealing with, which is this threads topic.

And...those that express an opinion on this topic should identify whether they have children or not, there's a difference in mindset if you do or don't.

Deal with? This is about schools, it's not about what you as an adult choose to do with your life. Schools are what I have a difficult time dealing with, which is this threads topic.

I was merely replying to sublime's post that the issue of homosexuality is something that everyone should deal with.

Don't get your panties in a knot.

And...those that express an opinion on this topic should identify whether they have children or not, there's a difference in mindset if you do or don't.

I have 2 children -- ages 10 and 5.

Werbung:
90% of the world's population is a member of an organized religion, one way or another, while people who practice homosexuality is... what...10%(?).

Ummm, the issue that some people out there are gay.

Back