George Bush calls storming of Capitol a "banana republic" riot

reedak

1. Former President George W. Bush and Senator Mitt Romney lashed out at Donald Trump's loyalists in Congress on Wednesday, claiming they are the ones who caused the president's biggest supporters to storm the Capitol building.

'It is a sickening and heartbreaking sight,' the 43rd U.S. president said in a statement Wednesday. 'This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic - not our democratic republic.'

Romney, who has been an outspoken critic of the president from his post as Utah senator the last two years, said the chaos on Capitol Hill was due to a 'selfish man's injured pride and the outrage of his supporters whom he has deliberately misinformed for the past two months and stirred to action.'....

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...licans-backed-Trump-CAUSED-chaos-Capitol.html

2. The storming of the Capitol building by Trump's loyalists was not the darkest hours of US history and democracy. It was JUST THE BEGINNING of the darkest hours of US history and democracy. How deep will US democracy sink? How long will US darkest hours last? From the physical look of Trump, he seems to be healthy and strong enough to hang around in the mortal world for at least ten more years before the Super Being calls his self-declared "beloved son" back home to His heavenly kingdom. :)

In today's information age, even if the outgoing "Me First" president is forced to seek asylum or self-exile abroad, he could still rally or incite his followers and supporters to violence and insurrection in his bid to regain his "throne".

Werbung:
Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., called President-elect Joe Biden "lawfully" elected and also said "I don’t buy this. Enough’s enough. We’ve got to end it". Source: Foxnews

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark, calls on Trump to "quit misleading the American people". Source: Foxnews

Vermont GOP Gov. Phil Scott called on President Trump to resign or be removed from office hours after a large group of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol in Washington. "Make no mistake, the President of the United States is responsible for this event," Scott, a Republican, said in a statement posted on his website. "President Trump has orchestrated a campaign to cause an insurrection that overturns the results of a free, fair and legal election.". Source: Foxnews

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo. "May this despicable act be a turning point in our history where we choose to come together and move forward to address challenges rather than attacking each other or desecrating the institutions that serve as the hallmark of debate for our republic." Source: Foxnews

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., called President-elect Joe Biden "lawfully" elected and also said "I don’t buy this. Enough’s enough. We’ve got to end it". Source: Foxnews

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark, calls on Trump to "quit misleading the American people". Source: Foxnews

Vermont GOP Gov. Phil Scott called on President Trump to resign or be removed from office hours after a large group of Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol in Washington. "Make no mistake, the President of the United States is responsible for this event," Scott, a Republican, said in a statement posted on his website. "President Trump has orchestrated a campaign to cause an insurrection that overturns the results of a free, fair and legal election.". Source: Foxnews

Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo. "May this despicable act be a turning point in our history where we choose to come together and move forward to address challenges rather than attacking each other or desecrating the institutions that serve as the hallmark of debate for our republic." Source: Foxnews

As early as September last year, Trump said there will be "Revolution" in the US if Biden becomes president.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09...revolution-in-u-s-if-biden-becomes-president/

Now the US is standing at the crossroads. The gravity of the political situation must not be underestimated, as seen in the erection of gallows near the Capitol building by the rioters in their bid to hang the Senators particularly Mike Pence.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/thr...nted-to-hang-mike-pence-at-the-capitol.20560/

Maybe some Republicans remember their own words about Trump from the time when he wasnt President:

Ted Cruz called Trump “utterly amoral,” a “serial philanderer” and “a narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.” He also said “This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”

Lindsey Graham said: “He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. …

Marco Rubio said “We’re on the verge of having someone take over the conservative movement who is a con artist,” and called Trump the most “vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency.”

Maybe some Republicans remember their own words about Trump from the time when he wasnt President:

Ted Cruz called Trump “utterly amoral,” a “serial philanderer” and “a narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.” He also said “This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”

Lindsey Graham said: “He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. …

Marco Rubio said “We’re on the verge of having someone take over the conservative movement who is a con artist,” and called Trump the most “vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency.”

There is a proverb: "If you can't beat them, join them." After their harsh criticism of Trump, they decided to band together with him as long as he stays in power.

Just like Dennis Hof, the deceased brothel owner who was dubbed the ‘Trump of Pahrump,’ all those Trump-inspired opportunists and hypocrites jumped on board the "Trump ship" to reach their political goals.

Dennis Hof said: "It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me,” he told the Associated Press. “He found the way, and I jumped on it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...rump-pahrump-wins-state-assembly-seat-nevada/

Liz Cheney R of Wyoming said “The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack,”

John Katko R of NY said “By deliberately promoting baseless theories suggesting the election was somehow stolen, the president created a combustible environment of misinformation, disenfranchisement, and division. When this manifested in violent acts on Jan. 6, he refused to promptly and forcefully call it off, putting countless lives in danger.”

Adam Kinzinger R of IL said “There is no doubt in my mind that the president of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection”

Fred Upton R of MI said that he would vote to impeach after President Trump “expressed no regrets” for what had happened at the Capitol.

Jaime Herrera Beutler R of Washington said “I am a Republican voter. I believe in our Constitution, individual liberty, free markets, charity, life, justice, peace and this exceptional country. I see that my own party will be best served when those among us choose truth.”

All these Republicans will vote for the impeachment.

Werbung:
Liz Cheney R of Wyoming said “The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack,”

John Katko R of NY said “By deliberately promoting baseless theories suggesting the election was somehow stolen, the president created a combustible environment of misinformation, disenfranchisement, and division. When this manifested in violent acts on Jan. 6, he refused to promptly and forcefully call it off, putting countless lives in danger.”

Adam Kinzinger R of IL said “There is no doubt in my mind that the president of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection”

Fred Upton R of MI said that he would vote to impeach after President Trump “expressed no regrets” for what had happened at the Capitol.

Jaime Herrera Beutler R of Washington said “I am a Republican voter. I believe in our Constitution, individual liberty, free markets, charity, life, justice, peace and this exceptional country. I see that my own party will be best served when those among us choose truth.”

All these Republicans will vote for the impeachment.

Since taking office as the 45th president of the United States on January 20, 2017, Donald Trump has granted executive clemency to 237 individuals charged or convicted of federal criminal offenses, as authorized under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution.

Even at the 11th hour of his departure from the White House, the outgoing "con artist" president still continued with his laughable "Thanksgiving Turkey" pardoning of cronies. Those pardoned criminals would become his generals and warriors in his impending power struggle with the Biden administration. Just pray for a successful impeachment of the "Me First" narcissist so that he could never return to the White House otherwise it could be the end of America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

https://news.yahoo.com/the-complete-list-of-donald-trumps-pardons-and-commutations-183713910.html

https://www.nytimes.com/article/who-did-trump-pardon.html

Last edited:
Back