Germany warns US

Number one in military power, the USA spends more in its military than all the other 'world nations' put together. This is one area where the USA has never let its guard down ever since it surpassed Britain.

Werbung:
Funny that a handful of Goat herders were able to take down the Big Bad U.S.A. in Mogadishu Somalia Huh?

or How about how the slopes in Nam were able to pretty well do what they wanted......

and How about that U.S.S. cole? a few backwards third worlders in a small boat kicked that ships ass

or how about in the recent war games that were held where the United States was handily defeated By a bunch of simpletons in boats?

we could be the most powerfull

if the Politicians and corporations stayed out of Military ventures

Funny that a handful of Goat herders were able to take down the Big Bad U.S.A. in Mogadishu Somalia Huh?

or How about how the slopes in Nam were able to pretty well do what they wanted......

and How about that U.S.S. cole? a few backwards third worlders in a small boat kicked that ships ass

or how about in the recent war games that were held where the United States was handily defeated By a bunch of simpletons in boats?

we could be the most powerfull

if the Politicians and corporations stayed out of Military ventures

its all about money. most of the high tech **** that gets paid for, is worthless in the field.

We Americans are getting raped by the military industrial complex.

First of all, they didn't take down the U.S.A. They killed 18 Army Ranger and DELTA Force soldiers. The U.S. in turn killed anywhere from 1,000-10,000 members of Aidid's militia. We had Aidid cornered, but Clinton, like usualy, capitulated to public pressure after the famous Blackhawk Down incident and didn't allow the military to finish the job.

Poor military strategy, very difficult conditions to win under, being undermined on the homefront by war protestors and media certainly didn't help the cause.

You can thank your liberal politicians for the ROE on this one.

What you seem to ignore is that no one defeated the U.S. military. None of these groups, al Qaeda, NVA, VC, or Aidid's militia would be able to launch a successful invasion of the U.S which is how a real defeat would be measured.

It's easy to simply hold on long enough in a guerilla war until the American media and liberals pressure the politicians to pull out, but that's not defeating the U.S. military.

its all about money. most of the high tech **** that gets paid for, is worthless in the field.

It would be very useful if we were fighting an actual country, with a defined military force that had infrastrcture not buried in civilian homes/hospitals/mosques and they wore uniforms. All the technology in the world is useless against people who pop out of their homes dressed in farmers garb take a few shots at a platoon of Marines, run back in their homes and pretend to be farmers again. And then we kill these people, and websites like Iraq Body Count chalk it up as a "civilian" death.

Whether or not you believe that this is a civilian is only up to you? I certainly have my opinion.

First of all, they didn't take down the U.S.A. They killed 18 Army Ranger and DELTA Force soldiers. The U.S. in turn killed anywhere from 1,000-10,000 members of Aidid's militia. We had Aidid cornered, but Clinton, like usualy, capitulated to public pressure after the famous Blackhawk Down incident and didn't allow the military to finish the job.

They KICKED OUR ASS period ...we swept in there all high and mighty with our nintendo soldiers and they KICKED OUR ASS!!! had we used rangers and seals old school on the ground tactics instead of nintendo tactics we OBVIOUSLY would have OVERWHELMED THEM the point is all the technology and might we had was simply defeated Much like the fable in the Bible of David and goliath........The United states ahs a storied history of tying its soldiers hands behind theyre backs.viet nam......somalia,,,,,,,,,,afghanistan,,,,,Iraq this is S.O.P.

your a grunt You know damn well what im saying is true did they allow YOU and your Units to do what was needed to achieve victory?????

or did they mire you in red tape and politics be realistic please you know the truth.........i was in Iran back in 79-80.....they tied our friggin hands then too we could have EASILY taken back our hostages....if they hadny tied our hands behind our backs..

Poor military strategy, very difficult conditions to win under, being undermined on the homefront by war protestors and media certainly didn't help the cause.

well isnt this discussion about the United States being NUMBER ONE MILITARILY? ,if thats the case why such POOR planning and strategies in Nam Iraq Mogadishu......etc etc ....Im not denying the US military is the most capable in the world .....we dont need to rely so much on bang whiz technology

perfect example is those Garbage weapons they issue to us The M-16 what a pice of junk first thing id do is find a carbine or kill an iraqi and use the AK47.........the M-16 is a fine weapon as long as you dont have to use it in the field....but our soldiers are trading them for anything else they can find

the technlogy of the older weapons is preferred..

You can thank your liberal politicians for the ROE on this one.

What you seem to ignore is that no one defeated the U.S. military. None of these groups, al Qaeda, NVA, VC, or Aidid's militia would be able to launch a successful invasion of the U.S which is how a real defeat would be measured.

Nor Did we DEFEAT THEM!!! I never said they won......i pointed out that theyre low tech methods of warfare, are extremly effective on our big bad ass military. Look to Iraq to see how true that is, an IED is the most rudimentry weapon you can devise .yet at this point in time it is DEADLY in its effectiveness....total low tech again kicking high techs ass I think your missing my point

It's easy to simply hold on long enough in a guerilla war until the American media and liberals pressure the politicians to pull out, but that's not defeating the U.S. military.

They havent defeated the Military but theyre winning the battle becuase your beloved Conservatives in the Big house hav TIED THE HANDS of our soldiers and sent them to do a job that is Not theyres to do they are soldiers they Kill enemies and win wars they dont build contries and train foriegners its not in the M.O.S. of ANY of them

It would be very useful if we were fighting an actual country, with a defined military force that had infrastrcture not buried in civilian homes/hospitals/mosques and they wore uniforms. All the technology in the world is useless against people who pop out of their homes dressed in farmers garb take a few shots at a platoon of Marines, run back in their homes and pretend to be farmers again. And then we kill these people, and websites like Iraq Body Count chalk it up as a "civilian" death.

Whether or not you believe that this is a civilian is only up to you? I certainly have my opinion.

yet you ascertain we can achieve a victory over this type of warfare?

Yes, I think we need an enormous troop presence, stabilized around 225,000 to fully secure Baghdad. Once we secure Baghdad, the war is over.

It's simply poor strategy to secure an area, leave, then have to come back and secure it again 6 weeks later. We need troops that can hold the secured areas. Case in point, Baghdad's notorious Haifa Street -- known to jarheads as "Snipers Alley".

Like I said The conservatives have had the power all along, until just recently..... you cant blame the dems. for this mess. Only the Pubs........ as you say where is the overwhelming presence needed???? and quit trying to play police man !!!Soldier on and defeat the enemy!!!!

Take Baghdad and HOLD baghdad

BTW you CANNOT win the war on Terrorism....you can win the war in Iraq POSSIBLY But without eliminating terrorism it will just rise again in Iraq

Ideology cannot be defeated as you yourself stated It has no Country......No Uniforms,No organization Terrorism is an Ideology that lives in the minds of men and women of all socieatal backgrounds

it is as fleeting as the wind

Terrorism is as old as the ages and mankind thousands of years older than any of the Ideologies you listed I do not think it can ever be defeated as it is Random in nature

communism wasnt random

fascism want random

nazism wasnt random

terrorism always has and always will be random by defenition

it dosent adhere to the same principles and is not synonymous with Islamic extremists as i mentioned earlier it crosse all cultural boundaries all societal boundaries and all religious boundaries

that cannot be said of any of the others mentioned.....terrorism has always been where man has been

Terrorism is a tactic employed by people with an idealogy born of an idea. Many of them are willing to die for what they believe and you can not destroy an idea. We can do as much as possible to stop people from committing terrorist acts but it will never be eliminated as long as their are people willing to fight and die for their beliefs.

Werbung:
Germany

Germany can do whatever it wants to do because we aren't going to stop them. Our troops are tied up in the Middle East, we have problems with North Korea, and so we are afraid to stir up additional trouble in Europe. So all we're going to do do is talk tough and carry a small stick. Our military is undermanned, if world domination, not defense, is our objective.

Back