Giving thanks for capitalism

Werbung:
You would be violating contracts and/or committing fraud. The OP defined a free market as not including those violations. The role of gov is to protect rights and your actions would be prohibited.

Despite the, "role of gov is to protect rights and your actions would be prohibited...", they seldom adequately fulfill that role. For example the role of the government is to protect the environment from pollution produced by industry. Love Canal, mountain tops pushed into river valleys destroying the water supply of mountain communities, uranium in water supplies near uranium mines, asbestos dumped with iron ore tailings from mines into Lake Superior, etc., etc., Government EPA, where are you? Yup, the "role" of the government is to protect...but seems to have turned a blind eye to business practices since Saintly Ronny Reagan.

Despite the, "role of gov is to protect rights and your actions would be prohibited...", they seldom adequately fulfill that role. For example the role of the government is to protect the environment from pollution produced by industry. Love Canal, mountain tops pushed into river valleys destroying the water supply of mountain communities, uranium in water supplies near uranium mines, asbestos dumped with iron ore tailings from mines into Lake Superior, etc., etc., Government EPA, where are you? Yup, the "role" of the government is to protect...but seems to have turned a blind eye to business practices since Saintly Ronny Reagan.

You are doing an excellent job of demonstrating exactly how incompetent they are. They should never be given authority over our health care.

Instead we should be focusing on making our politicians do the job they are supposed to do.

The post two posts above this one should be ignored unless it is posted on its very own thread. It is unrelated to this topic. The topic was "Free Enterprise"

The post two posts above this one should be ignored unless it is posted on its very own thread. It is unrelated to this topic. The topic was "Free Enterprise"

All the last 3 unrelated posts should be ignored, er I mean 4 posts. (Unless getting things back on topic is related to the topic then it is just 1.) Regardless I like this thread and if posting some less relevant posts will both keep it alive and keep it on topic then so be it. Anyway it is a good example of how the efforts we place on regulation take away from the actual efforts at the main task. Just as this sub-debate about how to regulate this thread takes away from the thread, in our economy regulation and the debates about it take away from productivity and lower GDP.

Regulation sucks the life blood out of an economy. That is, imo, why our government has only been allowed to regulate in order to protect rights and not to shape society or the economy.

The deregulation lovers Bush Recession... greatest economic downturn since The Great Depression. It was like giving away free shots of Jack Daniels at a AA meeting. Good job on that pubbies!:rolleyes:

What specific deregulation are you referring to that "caused this recession."

Looking at things on balance is not the Far Right's strong suit.

Nor is it the far left's.

Everything is 100% one way or the other. There can be no compromise. It's their way or nothing at all. That's like inbreeding. You might think the two being joined would be best if almost identically similar. But in reality it causes birth defects and insanity.:rolleyes:

Sounds pretty similar to both parties in my opinion.

Thinkers see the benefit of blending the best ideas to come out with the strongest outcome.

Apparently we have no "thinkers" in Washington then.

Nor is it the far left's.

The left really came to the center under President Clinton. That's why I liked Clinton. That's when I became a Democrat.

Sounds pretty similar to both parties in my opinion.

That's really not true. Take healthcare reform for example. The Republicants have had long periods in full control. Never did squat. Sat on their hands and did nothing about a serious problem that was snowballing worse & worse.

Then when the Dems get close to actually making a reform the Republicans first say they'll offer no alturnative... and then when they see how screwed up that made them look they come up with no compromises on any Bill at hand. They just come up with a couple old ideas that they admit won't cover preexisting, still allows caps on treatment spending and doesn't cover about the same amount as now.

In other words basically the same old thing.

Apparently we have no "thinkers" in Washington then.

I don't know? I think President Obama has bent over backward to allow the minority Party access and time to be fully involved.

Werbung:
Back