1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Glad to be here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by roomfullofflowers, Mar 31, 2007.

1. roomfullofflowers

roomfullofflowers New Member

Hi, good to be here! I live in San Francisco, I'm in my early 30's, I have a cat, I work as a nutrition consultant/personal trainer. I'm into discussing almost anything, very much a dilletante, but I know a bunch about nutrition, fitness, films, and altered states.

2. Koios

Koios New Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Nice to know we have someone interested in so many aspects of health and fitness. I think you might find this particular thread interesting: http://houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819
    Also make sure to stop by the Health forum whenever you feel the need to discuss anything related to health, otherwise enjoy the rest of the forum and have a nice stay!

3. Grounded

Grounded New Member

Cool!

Welcome to House of Politics!

How's living inf San Francisco?

4. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty New Member

Hey, I've got two quick fitness questions for you.

(1) I've been stuck around 25-28 pull-ups for about 6 months. My normal pull-up routine doesn't appear to be working anymore. Do you have any tips to get this number up around 30?

(2) What's the best way to increase strength in my legs so I can jump higher (for basketball)? I've been told squats, leg press, jump rope, etc. but I want to hear it from a personal trainer.

Thanks.

5. Lilly Marlene

Lilly Marlene New Member

Welcome, roomfull !

I lived in San Francisco briefly in the 1970s, sure do miss that fog sometimes.