Glenn back news...or advertising?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
Glenn Beck is not geting heat for his working for the company Goldline...while on his tv and radio show....telling his listeners to buy gold...talking about the 3 g's to survive...God Gold Guns...ext....and at the same time reporting how bad the econ is going to get and how the debt will get worse and worst and our money worthless...so buy gold ext.....

I myself have heard him talk about gold before, both on TV and I recall possibly on the radio at work before as well ( yes had on conservitive talk radio on)

questions
1. Can anyone who follows him close tell me if he has ever stated that he works for Goldline and is paid by them , in his show...to warn of a possibly conflict of interest in his "news" ? or viewpoint?
2. If not, or maybe even if...do you think news people ( even if he is less news, more talk and opinion) should be promoting a product on there show like this, with out saying they have a conflict of interest.

Also note, even if he truly belives in Gold, should that change the fact there is still the perception of conflict of interst?

Fox News has claimed they do not let there news/commentators do such a thing, but suggested that becuse of Becks Radio program they can not do anything about it....as if that means they can't make m some say something...or not something on the Air on Fox....I don't quite get there point there.

Werbung:
Well, I have been listening to Glenn Beck for a long time, longer than he has been working for the gold company and he has been advocating for buying gold since before Bush left office.

He has been saying we are headed for a crash since about Bush's 6th year of being president.

Rush and Hannity also do gold ads but for I think different companies, and I dont honestly remember them pushing gold till they got the contracts, but Beck has said to buy gold long before he started doing the ads.

Also, the ads he does are to buy stock in gold, but Beck advocates for having actual gold on your person because he thinks the market is going to tank again and big.

Really, I kind of wondered why the gold company wanted him to do ads for them since they sell stock in gold and he says the market is going to crash again.

I wonder about Hannity too, he does GM ads but also rails GM so how that works, Idunno

He talked about that very thing today... Rush posts transcripts of his entire daily program but Beck doesn't, so I can't give you the exact quotes.

However, they joked about how people like yourself think its OK for Al Gore to make millions selling carbon offsets while parading around the world in his role as climate alarmist, and there's no conflict of interest there... but if Beck gets paid for endorsing a product he believes in, from a company he did business with long before they began advertising on his show, then there must be something nefarious.

No, there is no conflict of interest with Beck promoting goldline.

has [Beck] ever stated that he works for Goldline and is paid by them - Pocket
"I was a client of Goldline before they were a client of mine" - Beck
He says that in every Goldline promo.

He talked about that very thing today... Rush posts transcripts of his entire daily program but Beck doesn't, so I can't give you the exact quotes.

However, they joked about how people like yourself think its OK for Al Gore to make millions selling carbon offsets while parading around the world in his role as climate alarmist, and there's no conflict of interest there... but if Beck gets paid for endorsing a product he believes in, from a company he did business with long before they began advertising on his show, then there must be something nefarious.

No, there is no conflict of interest with Beck promoting goldline.

has [Beck] ever stated that he works for Goldline and is paid by them - Pocket
"I was a client of Goldline before they were a client of mine" - Beck
He says that in every Goldline promo.

ah yes

I was a client of theirs before they were a client of mine.
I should have remembered that :(

AlGore will get billions in personal $$ if this tax and cap goes through, but no one on that end cares... its wierd

I watched Glenn Beck today but while doing christmas cards so I missed alot of it. Did he talk about it in the tv program or on air? I missed all of the on air program today.

we are talking about jurnalistic integraty here....but yet talk about Gore and unrealted issues...

I will just take it, you don't care if the news people sell the products they tell you to buy as news....

I guess maybe as fox viewers thats not realy a issue to start with.

But maybe you can tell me why you thinke this is no issue...and not play the he did this game....I did not ask about gore, holds no office, and I never voted for him as VP or Pres...so try sticking to the issue..

we are talking about jurnalistic integraty here....but yet talk about Gore and unrealted issues...

I will just take it, you don't care if the news people sell the products they tell you to buy as news....

I guess maybe as fox viewers thats not realy a issue to start with.

But maybe you can tell me why you thinke this is no issue...and not play the he did this game....I did not ask about gore, holds no office, and I never voted for him as VP or Pres...so try sticking to the issue..

AlGore is an example of how one hypocritical thing is ok when another you think is hypocritical is not.

Beck bought gold long before he did ads for them. He holds no office either by the way...

Algore claims if we dont stop using energy the planet will die, but he uses more personal energy than some small towns :)

AlGore is an example of how one hypocritical thing is ok when another you think is hypocritical is not.

Beck bought gold long before he did ads for them. He holds no office either by the way...

Algore claims if we dont stop using energy the planet will die, but he uses more personal energy than some small towns :)

SO what you are saying is

you can't debate the issue on merit...of Journalistic integrity.

No one cares about your Al gore crap...and even if you truly belive its the same thing...you attack Gore For it, but say nothing about Beck.

But It seems clear, you have zero to say of value on the issue...all you can do is talk about Gore...who is not a Journalist now is he? See thing is, if you pointed Say Chris Mathews was selling a product, and endorsing it on his show all the time, and not saying he was paid by them..I would be pissed and actuly say something...you can't say a thing because its Beck...and you can't hurt the right wing Crying messiah.

You see, you know how you know its wrong...Even Fox News Claims to have a policy against it...now why is that?

SO what you are saying is

you can't debate the issue on merit...of Journalistic integrity.

No one cares about your Al gore crap...and even if you truly belive its the same thing...you attack Gore For it, but say nothing about Beck.

But It seems clear, you have zero to say of value on the issue...all you can do is talk about Gore...who is not a Journalist now is he? See thing is, if you pointed Say Chris Mathews was selling a product, and endorsing it on his show all the time, and not saying he was paid by them..I would be pissed and actuly say something...you can't say a thing because its Beck...and you can't hurt the right wing Crying messiah.

You see, you know how you know its wrong...Even Fox News Claims to have a policy against it...now why is that?

Did you know that Glenn Beck is not a journalist either? He says it often on his show. He has never gone to journalism school, he has never claimed to be a journalist.

This is kind of funny really. Glenn Beck has been pushing gold for years, but only did ads for that gold company for a while. He is at least doing ads for something he actually believes in.

AlGore, who you dont like when I mention has been pushing global warming for years and telling us all we have to reduce for years but he is the biggest energy hog I know of. He is not doing what he claims he believes in.

That is what I am trying to compare.

If you think Glenn Beck doing ads for something he believes in and has believed in long before he did the ads for them is a bad thing then I guess thats how you feel.

I would rather do ads for something I actually believed in.

You may actually be onto something if you complain about Hannity or Rush, who both do gold ads but I have never head them talk about gold til they started doing the ads.

Is there a problem with talking up an advertiser's product? I don't see why, not unless you expect the person doing the talking to be an objective newscaster.

Surely, no one expects that of Glenn Beck.

I just wish I had known that gold would be given the hard sell before it started. The increase in price is a predictable outcome of intense advertising. Advertise something that is in finite supply, the demand goes up, but the supply stays the same. The result is a foregone conclusion.

What will happen to the price of gold now I wonder? It is likely inflated due to the advertising.

Is there a problem with talking up an advertiser's product? I don't see why, not unless you expect the person doing the talking to be an objective newscaster.

Surely, no one expects that of Glenn Beck.

I just wish I had known that gold would be given the hard sell before it started. The increase in price is a predictable outcome of intense advertising. Advertise something that is in finite supply, the demand goes up, but the supply stays the same. The result is a foregone conclusion.

What will happen to the price of gold now I wonder? It is likely inflated due to the advertising.

You should have been paying attention to Glenn Beck!

He has been saying since about 2006 that gold would go up and the dollar would lower and the market would crash.

He sold all his stocks before the election because he was sure it would crash and he had a number of guests on his show talking about the up and coming market crash.

I still agree with Beck that the market is going to crash again and stock in gold isnt even really a good idea, actual gold on hand is what would be best.
But its really spendy now.

Did you know that Glenn Beck is not a journalist either? He says it often on his show. He has never gone to journalism school, he has never claimed to be a journalist.

This is kind of funny really. Glenn Beck has been pushing gold for years, but only did ads for that gold company for a while. He is at least doing ads for something he actually believes in.

AlGore, who you dont like when I mention has been pushing global warming for years and telling us all we have to reduce for years but he is the biggest energy hog I know of. He is not doing what he claims he believes in.

That is what I am trying to compare.

If you think Glenn Beck doing ads for something he believes in and has believed in long before he did the ads for them is a bad thing then I guess thats how you feel.

I would rather do ads for something I actually believed in.

You may actually be onto something if you complain about Hannity or Rush, who both do gold ads but I have never head them talk about gold til they started doing the ads.

Well at least you admit Glenn has no Journalistic integrity....thats a start

ANd I don't give a Rats ....about Gore...he has nothing to do with this...I know keeping on the topic is hard, but try.

ANd I don't give a Rats ....about Gore...he has nothing to do with this...I know keeping on the topic is hard, but try.

Yeah I always knew Glenn Beck was not a journalist, he says it all the time.
Hannity isnt etiher, and Rush ... Nope not him. They all say they are not journalists. I think that saying is actually true. Journalism died!

the sports dude on msnbc should be in theater but he is stuck doing what he is doing. Does he claim to be a journalist?

Do you think Softballs, Chris "I had a thrill going up my leg" Matthews has "Journalistic integrity"?

How about Newsweek's Evan "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God" Thomas?
mug_EvanThomas-thumb7.jpg

How about Keith "I post at the Daily Kos" Olbermann?
guests0911.jpg

Those people actually call themselves journalists... do you think they have "journalistic integrity"?

Do you think Softballs, Chris "I had a thrill going up my leg" Matthews has "Journalistic integrity"?

How about Newsweek's Evan "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God" Thomas?
mug_EvanThomas-thumb7.jpg

How about Keith "I post at the Daily Kos" Olbermann?
guests0911.jpg

Those people actually call themselves journalists... do you think they have "journalistic integrity"?

ignoring that you again can't deffend Beck without just attacking others

You failed to have any facts to back up what you just said, ooo a graph...with no facts whooooo ...

And Obama gave a hell of a speech, and Mathews was a Speech Writer....so yea, he actually realy enjoys a good speech...Then again, and yet, not paid to say such things..

your all lost causes

Werbung:
ignoring that you again can't deffend Beck without just attacking others
Just pointing out your hypocrisy... I never said Beck was a journalist, he's not and doesn't claim to be... The people I pointed to CLAIM to be journalists but are not, and they certainly don't have "journalistic integrity" but you never find fault with your own.

Back