Global Warming debate

Unite Our Nation

For some months now we have been seeing reports and dissent from a growing number of scientists who say that global warming IS NOT man-made.

This is an important issue for all of us as the in-coming administration has based decisions upon man-made global warming being a fact! Where we will see the most direct and strongest reaction would be under the "Cap and Trade Plan".

Remember, obama said that "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"?

If the overwhelmingly growing number of scientists are correct, it would all be based on lies!! :eek:

Here are a couple of quotes:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

Keep reading:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

Werbung:
It doesn't matter whether the pollution with which we're killing our planet causes interim warming or cooling or neither.

What matters is that we are polluting our planet to death ... and it needs to stop now.

"Global warming" discussions function as one big divertive digression from the foundational issue of deadly pollution.

I will not be diverted from facing the foundational issue at hand.

For some months now we have been seeing reports and dissent from a growing number of scientists who say that global warming IS NOT man-made.
Heyyyyyyy.....don't forget about all o' those scientists in the Bush Admin!!! :rolleyes:

"Piltz worked under the Clinton and Bush administrations. Each year, he helped write a report to Congress called "Our Changing Planet."

Piltz says he is responsible for editing the report and sending a review draft to the White House.

Asked what happens, Piltz says: "It comes back with a large number of edits, handwritten on the hard copy by the chief-of-staff of the Council on Environmental Quality."

Asked who the chief of staff is, Piltz says, "Phil Cooney."

Piltz says Cooney is not a scientist. "He's a lawyer. He was a lobbyist for the American Petroleum Institute, before going into the White House," he says.

Cooney, the former oil industry lobbyist, became chief-of-staff at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Piltz says Cooney edited climate reports in his own hand. In one report, a line that said earth is undergoing rapid change becomes “may be undergoing change.” “Uncertainty” becomes “significant remaining uncertainty.” One line that says energy production contributes to warming was just crossed out."

There are scientists all over the world who are now challenging the idea that the recently-deceased global warming was caused by increased CO2. New data is emerging that our fluctuations are caused by variations in the magnetic field of the sun, solar wind pressure and related phenomena. Scientists, by the way, who aren't paid by BigOil, BigEnergy, BigConservatism or just Bigness period.

Gore has been lieing to people for years and getting them all stirred up about Global Warming. Now at least 650 trusted scientists are refuting it. The fact is that the earth has been warming and cooling on its own from the beginning. For politicians to make changes that DON'T HELP and in fact HARM the populous is insane.

Why not focus on important changes? There are many to choose from that would help our planet.

Oh, there a lot more scientists than that who have spoken out against AGW... several thousand, in fact. That's just one of the latest batches that made the news.

The sad thing is that when groups like Republicans or Democrats have a leading member that proclaims an issue and makes a big deal about it, the individual members of said group seem to feel like they need to support the leading member, right or wrong. As the rolling snowball grows, it (the issue) often becomes an Article of Faith among the True Believers. That's when it's time to Follow the Money to see what the hell is really going on.

Oh, there a lot more scientists than that who have spoken out against AGW... several thousand, in fact. That's just one of the latest batches that made the news.

The sad thing is that when groups like Republicans or Democrats have a leading member that proclaims an issue and makes a big deal about it, the individual members of said group seem to feel like they need to support the leading member, right or wrong. As the rolling snowball grows, it (the issue) often becomes an Article of Faith among the True Believers. That's when it's time to Follow the Money to see what the hell is really going on.

i find it nessicary to point out the fact that while I do not take credit into AWG.. I have yet seen a single source for the supposed "650" to a thousand scientists that reject the idea.

While I completely agree that if AWG turns out to be completely false, following the trail of money would serve in showing why it came about in the first place, the fact is I have yet seen serious responces from our scientific community aginst it..

Please... hook up some sources as this subject is border-line annoying for a debate. Subject matter might help us all to be more well informed and intrested.

Here's a link Mr. D where it lists the 650+ scientists who disagree with "global warming'.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...0-274616db87e6

The "green planet" propaganda has indeed turned into lots of $$GREEN$$ for some.

It's so hard these days to be well informed because of information overload! Plus those wanting to "dupe" the public for their own gain have gotten really good at it!

Take a look at the commercials that are now everywhere about "Clean Coal" being untrue. There are many valuable and credible studies about coal cleaners working very well. These commercials are nothing more than lies!!

Werbung:
Pidgey and Mr. D.

Please ignore sham. His posts normally aren't worth reading as they are only filled with worthless name calling.

I'd like to keep this thread about information sharing.

Back