1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Glue Sniffing and big business...

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by palefrost, Jul 28, 2006.

1. palefrost

palefrost New Member

I really dont get this ...Im hoping if i keep sniffing this glue it will all make sense soon.....

2. Brandon

Brandon New Member

It all depends on if the small business can do the job. If the required job cannot be done by a small business then large business should take it.

Just like everything else about business, larger businesses tend to get what they want to to the amount of leverage they have. The other side is that over 80% of companies fall into the category of being a small business (Small Business Administration). Larger companies might not be able to provide specialized service to the government due to it's size. Smaller businesses can turn on a dime, while larger companies often can't move as swiftly.

3. OneofaKind

OneofaKind New Member

To me it sounds as if the multi-nationals are being a bit greedy.

The worse thing however is that they are being encouraged!

4. Paula62

Paula62 New Member

I used to own a small business. We had seven employees at our height. I can tell you that for a compnay that small, federal contracts are very difficult to get. The reasons are many, including a lot of adminsitrative time, a very long tail on the application process, financial and insurance requirements that may make it unfeasible for the small business, etc. I think the program is still a good idea, but government will always be highly beaurocratic, and many small businesses are simply too close to the bone to effectively compete.

5. sushimonster

sushimonster Guest

Just complying with the paperwork the government mandates can place a serious drag on any small business.