GM To Relocate to Canada?

asur

Government Motors has announced it may leave Detroit.

It may move to Warren, near Detroit.
It may also move to Canada or China also.
Nothing is finalized yet.

If it moves out of country, what was the reason for the US
taxpayers having to bail this company out for?
No one asks, do you notice?

Well, unless it can shed the union it can't survive in any country.
It has lost $74 Billion recently, with the bailouts.
It has slashed its stock 98 percent and is two weeks away from a bankruptcy filing.

It doesn't take a genius to realize GM is almost a joke now.
Why send a single dollar more?

The US has no economy now, it is a joke. Thanks to Obama.

It's called CHANGE!

Werbung:
If I had a business Id move to Canada, Mexico or China too, If I was in it to make money anyway. But you are right, we shouldnt have to keep bailing them out... they are a lost cause now.

If I had a business Id move to Canada, Mexico or China too, If I was in it to make money anyway. But you are right, we shouldnt have to keep bailing them out... they are a lost cause now.

I would love to help you start a business then , enjoy mexico. but why not do it the American way, a fake post office box on a island so you can not pay taxes...

It has slashed its stock 98 percent and is two weeks away from a bankruptcy filing.

It's called CHANGE!

GM just anounced it is going to stay in the US, and build a car that will be fast, sporty, safe, and gets 100 mpg by 2 years from now....

not realy, but since we are not posting any type of source for the info, I felt I could just say what ever as well...

in other words...have link?

You should have ended, here.....seeing-as-how those "conservative" Worst-Case-hypotheticals end-up being a serious laugh-riot, in-the-end.

:rolleyes:

It's called CHANGE!

Gosh, the economy was going great right up until January of '09, then BAM! Everything collapsed, right after Obama took the oath of office.

If GM is going to make more crap cars like the Canadian built '00 Impala I bought, then it will go down in flames, Canada or not. Sell me junk once, shame on you. Sell me junk twice, shame on me. It ain't gonna happen.

My Camry hasn't broken down in three and a half years and 67,000 miles, not once, not even a hiccup. My Tundra hasn't either, not in seven years and over 100,000 miles. My Honda went nearly 200,000, with only a couple of repairs. No more GM cars for me, at least not without a lot of research, and a big red dot after "reliability" in Consumer Reports.

I would love to help you start a business then , enjoy mexico. but why not do it the American way, a fake post office box on a island so you can not pay taxes...

Maybe the solution is to stop taxing business at the second highest rate in the world. Perhaps if we rewarded business they would actually want to locate here.

Maybe the solution is to stop taxing business at the second highest rate in the world. Perhaps if we rewarded business they would actually want to locate here.
That's just crazy talk... we need to slap them with ever greater regulations, stricter CAFE standards, pay caps for executives, and a big fat tax known as cap and trade... Then GM and the UAW will be able to frolic with Unicorns and Leprechauns in the Progressive land of next Tuesday, where taxpayer money grows on trees and they can drink from streams of pure profit.

Ill start by saying I will skip dinner for a day if GM or Chrysler move to Canada or anywhere outside of the US.

GM has long since been on the fritz not so much because of labor issues and those evil unions, but because they havent made a good vehicle recently. Plus they put junk in them like Onstar.

Having spent quite a bit of time in Anchorage last winter, I noticed a lot less new Dodge, Ford and Chevy pickups, and tons more Nissan and Toyota trucks. American makers decided to bring thier vehicles up a size, when the market was looking to scale them back.

I know that GM has some solid holdings in the market, especially overseas. With Holden, Saab, and a number of others, I am hoping they can regroup and bring back the market for American cars. We need more Dodge Dakotas, Chevy S-10s and Ford Rangers.

Ill start by saying I will skip dinner for a day if GM or Chrysler move to Canada or anywhere outside of the US.

GM has long since been on the fritz not so much because of labor issues and those evil unions, but because they havent made a good vehicle recently. Plus they put junk in them like Onstar.

Having spent quite a bit of time in Anchorage last winter, I noticed a lot less new Dodge, Ford and Chevy pickups, and tons more Nissan and Toyota trucks. American makers decided to bring thier vehicles up a size, when the market was looking to scale them back.

I know that GM has some solid holdings in the market, especially overseas. With Holden, Saab, and a number of others, I am hoping they can regroup and bring back the market for American cars. We need more Dodge Dakotas, Chevy S-10s and Ford Rangers.

if we need more rangers, they need to make them a bit better. while the ranger was a big step up over a Dakota, they did not sell that well, in part because of how they felt driving. I would make them a bit larger ( not much) mostly to move the wheel base out a bit, and then upgrade the materials inside and suspension. after that maybe a new motor , maybe a smaller version of the diesel going into the 2010 Taurus SHO. ( A huge step up for Ford, the new taurus vs the ones of the late 90's and most of 2000's) Dodge trucks , Dakota and Ram both had the same issue for me, handling..take a corner and the whole body wobbles with it. The Tundra gets sales from higher MPG, but in terms of hauling and workload it can take, it gets crushed...but it sells becuse 3/4 of people buying trucks dont do much with them anyway..

This is your response to we have the 2nd highest tax rate in the world? Even if they can avoid some taxes they still pay higher rates than almost every other country.

Boo Hoo, they get the have a company in the biggest best market in the world. Cry me a river. and half don't pay there taxes legit anyway...I would be fine with lowering the taxes, if they actually paid there taxes.

Werbung:
Boo Hoo, they get the have a company in the biggest best market in the world. Cry me a river. and half don't pay there taxes legit anyway...I would be fine with lowering the taxes, if they actually paid there taxes.

No wonder they want to move. Your response to forcing them to pay the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the world is "boo hoo." I hope they do move, and I hope they fire everyone they employ here. We deserve it if we think like you do.

Just so you know, last quarter, GM was facing a $7 billion tax bill. Guess they do not pay taxes right?

Back