GM To Relocate to Canada?

like they pay there legit taxes....
Actually, all taxes are paid from profitable activities and the utilization of resources. Otherwise from where? When activities and resources become unprofitable, that's when you see the doors to businesses being padlocked and the ownership going somewhere else to continue business.

The $64,000 question is: what ultimately determines profitability? Why is it lost? Why have so many other countries and civilizations gone down through the ages, and how may those principles be applied here?

Werbung:
Maybe the solution is to stop taxing business at the second highest rate in the world. Perhaps if we rewarded business they would actually want to locate here.
What you "conservatives" seem to be missing, is....with Real government-regulation (or, at least re-regulating businesses), everyone is required to play by-the-same-rules; no exceptions!! This way, the Wild West (of de-regulation) no-longer allows businesses to "game" The System, in-order-to maximize profits....and, compete with other businesses that're "gaming" The System.

Government-regulations will "level" the (present) "playing-field". No one will be able to complain "Hey!! What about the other guy??", when they're all regulated the same!

More-and-more often I keep remembering Matt Taibbi's response to the sentiment that some businesses are "...too-large to fail." His view was "If a businesses is too-large to fail, then it's too-large to exist!"

Along those same lines, I'm thinkin'....if a business is incapable of playing by the same rules other businesses are....if they've gotta bank (offshore), to compete with everyone else....maybe they're not a viable-business, anyhow.

That's just crazy talk... we need to slap them with ever greater regulations, stricter CAFE standards, pay caps for executives, and a big fat tax known as cap and trade... Then GM and the UAW will be able to frolic with Unicorns and Leprechauns in the Progressive land of next Tuesday, where taxpayer money grows on trees and they can drink from streams of pure profit.
Fine!

Let GM relocate to China. Let's see 'em compete in that environment!​

if we need more rangers, they need to make them a bit better. while the ranger was a big step up over a Dakota, they did not sell that well, in part because of how they felt driving. I would make them a bit larger ( not much) mostly to move the wheel base out a bit, and then upgrade the materials inside and suspension. after that maybe a new motor...
I don't know what you're talkin'-about. My last-two ('91 & '01; both 4.0L, 4X4) worked just fine.

Ya' want bigger? Buy an F-150.​

I don't know what you're talkin'-about. My last-two ('91 & '01; both 4.0L, 4X4) worked just fine.

Ya' want bigger? Buy an F-150.​

I am talking about the feedback from people that test drove them , and from my own driving them. I highly doubt you could state they where perfect, I am suggesting that if they wanted a bigger market with them, those are some things i think would help based on what people told me when looking to buy...they wanted a bit bigger, but not f-150 size.

Maybe the solution is to stop taxing business at the second highest rate in the world. Perhaps if we rewarded business they would actually want to locate here.

So, in order to pay less in taxes, they're thinking of moving to.... Canada??!!

Somehow, I've never looked at our neighbor to the north as a tax haven.

News Alert:

GM will begin to import vehicles from China. The move will save GM money because of the lower cost of labor in the world's most populous nation.
According to The Wall Street Journal, "GM told Congress that the company plans to ship 17,335 Chinese-built vehicles to the U.S. in 2011." That number could triple by 2013.

So why did we bail em out if the jobs are going overseas?
Answer: Because Obama thought is was a good idea.

It's called CHANGE!

News Alert:

GM will begin to import vehicles from China. The move will save GM money because of the lower cost of labor in the world's most populous nation.
According to The Wall Street Journal, "GM told Congress that the company plans to ship 17,335 Chinese-built vehicles to the U.S. in 2011." That number could triple by 2013.

So why did we bail em out if the jobs are going overseas?
Answer: Because Obama thought is was a good idea.

It's called CHANGE!

GM is also selling its cars in China.

Given how grim things are looking for General Motors at home, it’s no surprise that the company is touting what was a very successful
last year here in China. Even as GM looks set to be lapped by Toyota and lose its status as the world’s largest auto maker, in China it’s sales soared 35.2% and its market share looks set to edge past Volkswagen to become number one with 11.2%.

Globalization goes both ways.

PLC1 - Please....

The article you posted above was three years old.
Back when Bush was in office, cars sales were good.
It's different now. There is no economy to support car sales.

It's Obama silly, it's called CHANGE!

Werbung:
Pocketfull - Google GM + relocate + Canada.

- It's an easy business, once you understand how it works.
It's all bad news now and it's called CHANGE!

Back