GM To Relocate to Canada?

Closing Dealerships will not save GM money.
Dealerships are simply free sales machines in most cases.

It makes no sense Top and Pocket, don't kid yourself.
But the real problem is Obama and his negative affect on car sales in general.

people can't buy what they can't pay for. CHANGE = NO Jobs!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20090506/ANA04/905069972/1078

Eveyone knows the distribution costs are picked up by car buyers.
The training costs are paid by GM dealersships, not GM or should I say taxpayers.

Did you ever read the fees you pay when you buy a new car, or
are you still peddling to school?

Learn to read first, then it becomes an easy business.
You'd be surprised how many that voted for CHANGE! never read or can't read.

Never Buy A Chrysler.

Werbung:
The best way to handle and send a message to these companies that have been given our tax dollars and then taken the money and run (out of the country) is to not purchase their products .... end of discussion .... :D

The best way to handle and send a message to these companies that have been given our tax dollars and then taken the money and run (out of the country) is to not purchase their products.

I agree. I advise everyone to consider buying a car from any company but
GM and Chrysler, next time they buy.

Supporting bad policies is unamerican when done by choice.

Closing Dealerships will not save GM money.
Dealerships are simply free sales machines in most cases.

It makes no sense Top and Pocket, don't kid yourself.
But the real problem is Obama and his negative affect on car sales in general.

people can't buy what they can't pay for. CHANGE = NO Jobs!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20090506/ANA04/905069972/1078

Eveyone knows the distribution costs are picked up by car buyers.
The training costs are paid by GM dealersships, not GM or should I say taxpayers.

Did you ever read the fees you pay when you buy a new car, or
are you still peddling to school?

Learn to read first, then it becomes an easy business.
You'd be surprised how many that voted for CHANGE! never read or can't read.

Never Buy A Chrysler.

I'm just repeating a very common story that's been both on TV news and in our local paper. There definitely is a manufacturers savings by supplying fewer dealerships and the point is to have strong money making dealerships that can pay their bills and not about a quarter to a third that are teetering on bankruptcy anyway... which hurts the overall brand. Sorry you haven't heard about any of this... did ya possibly hear something about Pontiac shutting down?:eek:

And to answer your one question (I highlighted) directy... you'd probably be smarter (and better informed) if you were still peddling to school. And I have a good friend that has worked at multiple new car dealerships and now owns his own pre-owned lot so I can explain...

The DOC FEE you are referring to is a "made up" charge by the dealer itself... IT DOES NOT GO TO THE MANUFACTURER nor does it reimburse the dealer for money given to the manufacturer. And under current law it cannot exceed $250.

This is money the dealership gets to keep for the supposed expenses of running the title (not the cost of transferring the title... that's another charge) and for storing their own dealership records regarding a customers car purchase for up to 3 years.

As far as Obama... PLEEEEEASE!

This is George Bush's mess we're just still having to deal with. Had President Obama not gotten elected the country would likely be facing a complete OUT OF BUSINESS of at least one US car company and all the job loses that would entail plus many, many more at the other troubled US brand.

By the end of 2010 things will be tremendously better!

TopGun rote - By the end of 2010 things will be tremendously better!

No it won't, and not even the Obama administration is claiming that.

It's called change and you can see it happening.

Most states are now insolvent and tax revenues are drying up under Obama as we
post. It's getting bad out there at a consistent rate.

It could be fixed, but Obama can not fix it.

TopGun rote - By the end of 2010 things will be tremendously better!

No it won't, and not even the Obama administration is claiming that.

It's called change and you can see it happening.

Most states are now insolvent and tax revenues are drying up under Obama as we
post. It's getting bad out there at a consistent rate.

It could be fixed, but Obama can not fix it.

And GEORGE W. BUSH and his REPUBLICANTS with their total lock on the Executive & both Houses of Congress for his first 6 years in office broke it in the first place... so we're all doomed. America is done. Might as well give up because asur hates President Obama... not!

Well at least you learned today that the DOC FEE isn't a delivery charge from the manufacturer! That's at least some knowledge you didn't have just a few short hours ago...:rolleyes:

Did we hit bottom yet?
Local NYC economy is showing some small signs of life.
By Daniel Massey

For months after Wall Street's collapse last fall, client orders at the New York offices of staffing agency Robert Half International dried up, while inquiries from job seekers skyrocketed. After the new year, the dynamic slowly started to reverse: Fewer hopefuls walked through the company's doors, but clients quietly started hiring again.

“We've seen the shoots starting to sprout up here and there,” says Dawn Fay, the firm's district president.

Even as the city is battered by rising unemployment, steep cuts in consumer and corporate spending, plummeting condo prices and a record drop in office rents, the first glimmers of hope that the economic free fall could be nearing an end are emerging. Based on surveys that track consumer and business confidence and reports from real estate and retail experts, signs of renewal appear to be poking through the city's recession-impacted soil.

“I do think we are probably near the bottom,” Mayor Michael Bloomberg said last week. “I don't know that the economy is going straight up from here, but I am getting more optimistic every day.”

While some wrote off the mayor's comments as election-year pie-in-the-sky talk, there are indications that the intensity of the downturn is beginning to ease up. Nationally, credit markets have shown signs of thawing, dismal retail and auto sales have picked up slightly, and stocks have surged. Mortgage rates have hit an all-time low, and home sales have begun to stabilize.

In the city, economists are looking to activity at staffing agencies like Ms. Fay's as a leading indicator of whether the recession has hit bottom, because companies will often hire temporary workers when they sense that recovery is near. At Ajilon Professional Staffing, Regional Vice President Andrew Ernst has also seen a change in recent weeks.

“Companies are coming to us—not a substantial number, but it definitely has turned,” he says.

A key component of any potential turnaround is the city's consumer confidence level, which rose 7.2 points in the first quarter of the year, to 63.4, according to a Siena Research Institute survey. That lifts consumer confidence back to where it was in the first quarter of 2008. Future confidence jumped a hefty 9 points, to 68.1.

“Consumers have taken a deep breath and stepped back from the economic cliff,” observes Douglas Lonnstrom, SRI's founding director.

New Yorkers are moving beyond the shock of last fall's dismal economic news, and optimism about President Barack Obama's stimulus plan has driven a belief that conditions are going to improve, Mr. Lonnstrom says. But it will take time for full confidence to return. “It's good that we're up, but these are still real bad numbers,” Mr. Lonnstrom says.

A new report by the National Association of Purchasing Management-New York is also a good sign. Although business activity in the city in March fell for the 14th straight month, the rate of decline slowed. And, the six-month outlook increased a record 33 points, to 64.8, the highest level since May 2008. Figures above 50 indicate growth.

Indeed, the economy may be beginning to pick itself up off the scrap heap—literally.

Kevin Gershowitz, who owns six recycling yards in the New York area, says business began collapsing in August, but started to stabilize in mid-January when junk cars, old stoves and scrap from home improvements started to trickle in. His yards are still operating at only 60% to 70% of their typical volume, but that's better than the 50% of a few months ago.

Touchdown

“We've finally landed,” Mr. Gershowitz says. “It might be on Mars, but at least we've landed.”

Brokers and owners of real estate also say the landscape is starting to shift.

“Up until six weeks ago, there was a lot of kicking of the tires,” says Stephen Tarter, co-owner of retail leasing agent Tarter/Stats Realty. “Now, a lot of deals are being made.”

In one, a property owner chose Pret A Manger as a tenant from a group of eight serious contenders. Mr. Tarter says the increased activity is a sign that retailers think the economy will pick up in six to eight months—about the time it takes to acquire and build out space.

There's even a glimmer of hope in an otherwise-dismal residential market, says Miller Samuel President Jonathan Miller. In the past few weeks, he's noticed an uptick in the number of signed contracts. Pent-up demand and improved liquidity in the market for conventional mortgages has driven the upswing. It's being fueled largely by first-time home buyers, who can buy without having to sell first.

“I've seen enough transactions to get a sense that things are better than we thought they would be going into the spring,” Mr. Miller says.

Avoiding the worst

Even on the employment front, some economists are guardedly optimistic that lower-than-expected cuts thus far might mean that the city will be able to steer clear of the direst of job-loss forecasts.

“At least the forecasts have bottomed out,” says Frank Braconi, chief economist in the Office of the New York City Comptroller. “That's a good sign in and of itself.”

Mr Sharman wrote -
Ford Actually spent alot of money on our dealership...but since you made the statement I am guessing you have something to back it up right? In just a few service techs at our dealership we Ford had ( like 2-3) spend more then a million in training and such for them ( dealerships are given rankings based on services, and we where a top tear dealership, so not all have that training...

Are you claiming you own Ford or just a Ford dealership?
I can't tell what misinformation you are trying to spread, today.

Mr Sharman wrote -

I don't think he's saying he owns... sounds like he works at a Ford dealership and just knows the facts on this.

I don't think he's saying he owns... sounds like he works at a Ford dealership and just knows the facts on this.

That's the way it sounds to me.

I discovered something about ford last night, from a friend who drives a Ranger.

I used to have a Ranger. It was a decent little pickup, even if it was a bit underpowered. The main difficulty with Rangers is the cooling system. I wound up having to put a new radiator and heater core in mine.

When I bought a new one, I considered a new Ranger. I looked up the stats in the consumer Bible, Consumer Reports.

They reported that Rangers were unreliable, and that the main problem was the cooling system, so I bought a Tundra instead. So far, it has given me over a hundred thousand trouble free miles.

Flash ahead to last night, with water pouring from beneath a Ranger I didn't own.

The unfortunate owner told me that he needed a new heater core (surprise) and probably an new radiator as well. Now the fun part:

Replacing the heater core, less than a $100 job in my '96, now takes 12 hours of labor.

So Ford, instead of building a heater core that doesn't have to be replaced immediately after the warranty expires, placed in in such a way that it takes a mechanic a day and a half to replace it.

No wonder Ford is in trouble.

You can only fool the consumer for just so long when the competition is building a better product.

That's the way it sounds to me.

I discovered something about ford last night, from a friend who drives a Ranger.

I used to have a Ranger. It was a decent little pickup, even if it was a bit underpowered. The main difficulty with Rangers is the cooling system. I wound up having to put a new radiator and heater core in mine.

When I bought a new one, I considered a new Ranger. I looked up the stats in the consumer Bible, Consumer Reports.

They reported that Rangers were unreliable, and that the main problem was the cooling system, so I bought a Tundra instead. So far, it has given me over a hundred thousand trouble free miles.

Flash ahead to last night, with water pouring from beneath a Ranger I didn't own.

The unfortunate owner told me that he needed a new heater core (surprise) and probably an new radiator as well. Now the fun part:

Replacing the heater core, less than a $100 job in my '96, now takes 12 hours of labor.

So Ford, instead of building a heater core that doesn't have to be replaced immediately after the warranty expires, placed in in such a way that it takes a mechanic a day and a half to replace it.

No wonder Ford is in trouble.

You can only fool the consumer for just so long when the competition is building a better product.

That's interesting. I've never ran across the cooling system problem in the Ranger. It's even more interesting because my company provides me with a new company truck every 4 years... and I've always chose a Ranger.

The only choices we're offered are the Ford Ranger or a Chevy Silverado crew cab. Being a property management supervisor it's easier for me to whip around in the smaller truck. I'm on my 3rd Ranger in 12 years. I have a 2008 sitting out front right now.

Now I did have one that had a lot of air conditioning problems with one and most of them in the fleet seem to have major transmission problems at about 135K. But I attributed that to the fact they are often overloaded and the guys never do a transmission flush.

But still you make a good point. If the guys could pick any truck they wanted there would definitely be some Nissan's & Toyota's in the fleet.

Hmm. Mr Sharman must be friendly with the site owner or Moderators.
You removed my quotes taken directly from Mr. Sharmans post and replace it with blanks?

You know, the post where Mr Sharman claims he owns a Ford Dealership?
I see you removed that post.

What gives? Is this just a corrupt liberal forum, where we delete the posts that
indicate someone is spreading misinformation purposely, to make their points?

That's interesting. I've never ran across the cooling system problem in the Ranger. It's even more interesting because my company provides me with a new company truck every 4 years... and I've always chose a Ranger.

The only choices we're offered are the Ford Ranger or a Chevy Silverado crew cab. Being a property management supervisor it's easier for me to whip around in the smaller truck. I'm on my 3rd Ranger in 12 years. I have a 2008 sitting out front right now.

Now I did have one that had a lot of air conditioning problems with one and most of them in the fleet seem to have transmission problems at about 135K. But I attributed that to the fact they are often overloaded and the guys never do a transmission flush.

But still you make a good point. If the guys could pick any truck they wanted there would definitely be some Nissan's & Toyota's.

Check out what Consumer Reports says about the Ranger vs. its closest competitors.

I'd give a link, but you have to be a subscriber. If you're not a subscriber, it's money well spent before you make any large purchases.

If you got a new truck every four years, you just might have lucked out and traded them before the cooling problems manifested themselves, especially if you only drive them a few thousand miles.

Or, you just could be exceptionally lucky. If so, congratulations.

Mr Sharman wrote -

no, it would be called info, truth, and real facts...try them some time. I worked for Ford, at a Dealership, in sales. So yes I do know more about this then you, as most other things. now go back to your sandbox.

pocketfullofshells wrote -
no, it would be called info, truth, and real facts...try them some time. I worked for Ford, at a Dealership, in sales. So yes I do know more about this then you, as most other things. now go back to your sandbox.

So Mr. Sharman owns a Ford Dealership and you worked in one.
Let me pose a question, Are you the same guy posting stuff in tis forum under 2 handles (Mr Sharman, PocketfullofShells)? I'm just asking.

I mean what's the chance, two misguided individuals work for the same car company
and post on the same forum. And then they spell the same words incorrectly. Like 1 in a Million? Oh who cares right!

Well at least you have a better chance than Obama does of making things work.
It seems the Moderators here are covering your tracks which is nice.

Werbung:
pocketfullofshells wrote -

So Mr. Sharman owns a Ford Dealership and you worked in one.
Let me pose a question, Are you the same guy posting stuff in tis forum under 2 handles (Mr Sharman, PocketfullofShells)? I'm just asking.

I mean what's the chance, two misguided individuals work for the same car company
and post on the same forum. And then they spell the same words incorrectly. Like 1 in a Million? Oh who cares right!

Well at least you have a better chance than Obama does of making things work.
It seems the Moderators here are covering your tracks which is nice.

no you are taking my quote and saying he said it. You have his name listed, then my quote. look again. Before crying that we are the same person, maybe you should look to see if you know what your talking about , and to who first.

Back