God and politics

bododie

Frankly, if God is involved with the politics of this world, then it seems to me that He can't be anyone's friend, because every political system in the history of this world has been oppressive to some aspect of society.

This however, is my question: It seems to me that our illustrious government is in fact leaning HEAVILY toward attempting to denounce religion and creationism in favor of evolution. The school system sure is weighing in on this issue with text book revisions and omissions, and if I look, I bet I can find instances where those children who expressed a belief in creationism were in fact punished for voicing it.

Why are Americans letting this happen? What happened to separation of church and state?

Werbung:
Thanks for your input and questions.

Frankly, if God is involved with the politics of this world, then it seems to me that He can't be anyone's friend, because every political system in the history of this world has been oppressive to some aspect of society.

It seems that God is far less concerned with being a friend to governments than he is with the question of whether or not they are on His side. That being said I believe that God did establish the US government but He established it to be a secular government in a Christian Nation. A government that treads that fine line between not establishing a particular sect of religion while not inhibiting religion either.
This however, is my question: It seems to me that our illustrious government is in fact leaning HEAVILY toward attempting to denounce religion and creationism in favor of evolution. The school system sure is weighing in on this issue with text book revisions and omissions, and if I look, I bet I can find instances where those children who expressed a belief in creationism were in fact punished for voicing it.

Seems that way.
Why are Americans letting this happen? What happened to separation of church and state?

I suppose because the religious right has gotten itself tangled up with the conservative right rather than staying focused on what is important. Because they have mixed up what they call culture wars with just standing up for what is right. And because they themselves don't understand the establishment clause. In short they are fighting the wrong war in the wrong way. But God has ways of using our foibles for good.

Back