Good Idea or NOT..heres my opinion

Werbung:
I started this thread...why don't you just stay on topic? If you must argue..Here is what I said..

Consider FL. It has virtually no businesses other than tourism. This will only hurt FL business by cutting off the many businesses between tampa and orlando along I-4. It uses gov subsidies to compete against buses and plane and limo services that already serve this tiny market segment. And the beauty of all this... The citizens of FL were not given a say. This is like an uncle giving you a piece of chemical landfill for Christmas which you will have to pay out of pocket to detox. So the value given is much less than the costs you will incur over the future. Yes... this is a liberal plan; void of any intelligence whatsoever. This is spending with no purpose. If High speed rail was cost effective, it would have existed in the US 40 years ago. Instead, its krap.

There will be all kinds of business loss..

Doug

Now if you want to argue the merrits of any other issue I will be more than happy to make you look like a genius..
You are taking offense because I noted a falsehood ("no industry in FL other than tourisum...") in what you stated? How dare I?

You are slipperier than an ell. That is a link to projected costs of a rail system, not current subsidies. But, nevertheless, at least it is a citation, not what someone "has heard".

first thing I came to on google. and are projections not based on observed reality ? the fact is, these things are welfare, not subsidized. a very few people get a thing at huge expense to the rest.

POS is upset with oil ones but they benefit everyone who consumes energy which is everyone.

High speed rail would be a good idea if it could be done without government subsidies and if it were built where people actually ride it.

Currently the broke federal government and the broke state government of California are talking seriously about a rail line from Fresno to Corcoran.

Now, you might have heard of Fresno if you're from California, but Corcoran? The reason you haven't heard of it is that there is nothing much there. It's a little dusty farm town hundreds of miles from LA or San Francisco.

Now, if there were a high speed rail from here to the San Francisco Bay area, with a stop an SF international airport, then it would most likely have riders. The need to rent a car objection would mostly be gone as the passengers can get on BART and ride anywhere in the area more quickly and a lot less stressfully than they could ever drive through bay area freeways. Whether it could be done economically or not, I don't know. If it can't, if it really needs huge subsidies, then why is it a good idea?

And what's up with the train to nowhere? That we don't need, nor can we afford it just now.

High speed rail would be a good idea if it could be done without government subsidies and if it were built where people actually ride it.

Currently the broke federal government and the broke state government of California are talking seriously about a rail line from Fresno to Corcoran.

Now, you might have heard of Fresno if you're from California, but Corcoran? The reason you haven't heard of it is that there is nothing much there. It's a little dusty farm town hundreds of miles from LA or San Francisco.

Now, if there were a high speed rail from here to the San Francisco Bay area, with a stop an SF international airport, then it would most likely have riders. The need to rent a car objection would mostly be gone as the passengers can get on BART and ride anywhere in the area more quickly and a lot less stressfully than they could ever drive through bay area freeways. Whether it could be done economically or not, I don't know. If it can't, if it really needs huge subsidies, then why is it a good idea?

And what's up with the train to nowhere? That we don't need, nor can we afford it just now.
I agree that if a high-speed rail system could only exist with the aid of subsidies, it should not be undertaken. The now-defunct Super Sonic Transport was an example of that...it required subsidies, could not travel beyond New York City because of the noise it produced. In short, it was an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem as they say.
Nevertheless, a high-speed U.S.A. rail system should not be dismissed without a feasibility study. There could be some possible application for the distribution of California and Florida produce to Northern states in the Winter time along with passenger service. Without a study, it is purely conjecture.

first thing I came to on google. and are projections not based on observed reality ? the fact is, these things are welfare, not subsidized. a very few people get a thing at huge expense to the rest.

POS is upset with oil ones but they benefit everyone who consumes energy which is everyone.

yes, how dare I think that a for profit company, should not be given tax money..to do what they already do for there point of there company...and then make Billions from it....I mean why would I think there was a better use for tax money then giving it to companies making record profits..

I agree that if a high-speed rail system could only exist with the aid of subsidies, it should not be undertaken. The now-defunct Super Sonic Transport was an example of that...it required subsidies, could not travel beyond New York City because of the noise it produced. In short, it was an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem as they say.
Nevertheless, a high-speed U.S.A. rail system should not be dismissed without a feasibility study. There could be some possible application for the distribution of California and Florida produce to Northern states in the Winter time along with passenger service. Without a study, it is purely conjecture.

why must Rail be the only transportation that has to pay for everything themselves? Airlines would be screwed if they had to pay the full cost of there airports, fuel and other parts of there transportation.

Willing to bet Shipping often uses...subsidized ports, Dredging of channels, Locks, damns. ext...

Road Transport..Did not build the Freeways with there own money...but they get to use them. Without Taxpayers...they would be nothing as well.

yes, how dare I think that a for profit company, should not be given tax money..to do what they already do for there point of there company...and then make Billions from it....I mean why would I think there was a better use for tax money then giving it to companies making record profits..

It would be better if the federal government did not employ subsidies for anything but if its to do so anyway, it is required to do it equally and that is not what high speed rail is by any re-conning.

Werbung:
You are taking offense because I noted a falsehood ("no industry in FL other than tourisum...") in what you stated? How dare I?

YES..How dare I..man i'm sorry..I misread your post..quit being so picky..LOL

Thanks
Doug

Back