Good News for McCain

Is it any different from "weening" ourselves off Oil? Its something we "have to do".

If we never set the goal to limit government, it will never happen. Accepting to simply balance the budget is also not enough, we need to pay down the debt.

Clinton did do a fine job of paying down the debt, but he also took Military spending to new lows in order to do it. We cannot do that atm but there are plenty of "alternatives" available to cut spending. We need only to "explore" the options and "drill" it into our representatives heads that we want "Change" in policy.

yes he did, but also it was rational as the cold war was over and the threats against us changed. And cutting goverment costs can be a good goal, but when you set a goal of the cuts you are talking about, its pointless....you need to set realistic goals with real time frames or you may as well just do nothing at all. I would like to see how you plan to pay for roads, schools, fire, cops, a military, courts, jails, and just those basics at 10%..unless you think they will work for free or something.

Werbung:
yes he did, but also it was rational as the cold war was over and the threats against us changed. And cutting goverment costs can be a good goal, but when you set a goal of the cuts you are talking about, its pointless....you need to set realistic goals with real time frames or you may as well just do nothing at all. I would like to see how you plan to pay for roads, schools, fire, cops, a military, courts, jails, and just those basics at 10%..unless you think they will work for free or something.

I think you're confusing two separate posts from me and someone else. I have not specified how much we should cut, that was someone else suggesting the 1.75 trillion cuts, I have only said that we should be seeking to eliminate uneccessary spending. For example, last year the government run Medicare program paid out 92 million dollars to doctors that were dead.

If we were serious about ending government waste, we could make huge strides in very short amounts of time that WOULD NOT have a negative effect on the programs or services that government provides.

Roads, schools, fire, cops, most courts, most jails, etc. are all state expenses. I was talking about federal expenses.

No doubt we could also cut some state expenses but I have not even addressed those.

By the way all those state expenses that you thought could not be paid for on 10% are presently being paid for by state income taxes that are mostly, if not all, below 10%. (add in real estate taxes too)

Werbung:
that much to dead dr/s? care to post a link, would like to see how that happened.

Slight correction: It was 92 million since 2000, not just last year.

July 9, 2008; Medicare has paid as much as $92 million since 2000 to medical suppliers who billed the government for wheelchairs and other home equipment purportedly prescribed by physicians who, according to records, were dead at the time, congressional investigators said yesterday. WashPost

Back