Good news: Obama finally creates 1,000 new jobs. Bad news: They're in China

Little-Acorn

A longtime American medical-device maker is firing 1,400 workers, and creating 1,000 "new" jobs... in China.

And the company is doing it to be able to work in an environment that has LESS GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT.

Yes, you read that right. Now that Obamacare is taking effect, they are finding there is "less government oversight" in **Communist China** than in the United States of America.

Hope and change, all right.

---------------------------------------

http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare...entific-firing-1400-workers-hiring-1000-china

Obamacare Fallout: Boston Scientific Firing 1,400 Workers, Hiring 1,000 in China

By Robert Weisman, Globe Staff / July 29, 2011

Boston Scientific Corp. said yesterday that it plans to eliminate 1,200 to 1,400 jobs worldwide during the next 2 1/2 years to free money for new investments, the Natick medical device maker’s second major round of cuts since last year.

The company would not say how many jobs will be lost in Massachusetts, where fewer than 2,000 of its 25,000 employees are based. In February 2010, Boston Scientific said it would pare 1,300 jobs worldwide, but similarly did not say where.

Yesterday’s move, a day after Boston Scientific disclosed it was investing $150 million and hiring 1,000 people in China, raised fears that the company will gradually shift more work to foreign sites with less government oversight and lower costs than the United States.

Werbung:
This is a lot of crap. Boston Scientific made the decision, not Obama. Nothing in the text of article mentions Medicare or Medicaid as being a reason -- only a Fox news title does. Bad news that business is going to China because their lax government oversight allows them to ship contaminated wall board, contaminated food, and cadmium toys to the U.S. I would rather have American government oversight on medical instruments any day.

This is a lot of crap. Boston Scientific made the decision, not Obama. Nothing in the text of article mentions Medicare or Medicaid as being a reason -- only a Fox news title does. Bad news that business is going to China because their lax government oversight allows them to ship contaminated wall board, contaminated food, and cadmium toys to the U.S. I would rather have American government oversight on medical instruments any day.
Its a lot of crap for several reasons. If Boston Scientific wants to be competitive on the world market it best be very active in the countries where the new action is in the medical community, and sadly, that is not the US. If they make medical and scientific devices, they better be fluent in the language of the countries where science is at work, and not all bogged down with employees who believe science is a fiction and Creationism is The Truth.

In other words, America is getting her ass stomped, and for good reason. Its not about wages, cadmium, or toys. Its about us getting beaten in our own game by countries that like what we do, and are investing in their infrastructure and education to do what we do, and do it even better.

Meanwhile, we have a Congress who passed one bill in July and are now so exhausted they have to take August off.

Werbung:
Its a lot of crap for several reasons. If Boston Scientific wants to be competitive on the world market it best be very active in the countries where the new action is in the medical community, and sadly, that is not the US. If they make medical and scientific devices, they better be fluent in the language of the countries where science is at work, and not all bogged down with employees who believe science is a fiction and Creationism is The Truth.

In other words, America is getting her ass stomped, and for good reason. Its not about wages, cadmium, or toys. Its about us getting beaten in our own game by countries that like what we do, and are investing in their infrastructure and education to do what we do, and do it even better.

Meanwhile, we have a Congress who passed one bill in July and are now so exhausted they have to take August off.
I agree with you about the fall of the US in education, etc. However, Boston Scientific was caught by the FDA making substandard stents, and they had to recall thousands of them. I don't want a lax Chinese government overseeing the quality of stents that might go in my cardiac arteries. I pointed out other dangerous Chinese products to make that point.

Back