Good use of American money

bododie

Hitlary wants to send 17 million to Africa because men can't seem not to rape women there. Isn't a steak knife a lot cheaper?

Werbung:
I am sure its dollars.

You're probably right, but bododie doesn't say so.
Now, what are those dollars going to buy? Police protection? Condoms? Jail time for rapists? Counseling for victims? All of the above?

And, what is the taxpayer going to get out of it?

Now, what are those dollars going to buy? Police protection? Condoms? Jail time for rapists? Counseling for victims? All of the above?

It does not matter where the money is targeted for IMO, it goes in the pockets of powerful people instead.

We will get the same thing we always get out of it... Nothing

It does not matter where the money is targeted for IMO, it goes in the pockets of powerful people instead.

We will get the same thing we always get out of it... Nothing

So, the message is that if there are a lot of rapes in your country, the rich Americans will send you a few million?

So, the message is that if there are a lot of rapes in your country, the rich Americans will send you a few million?

That's not as awesome as being a first world country who practices apartheid getting 3 billion of our tax payer dollars each year, is it?

I don't know why we are always giving money to Africa and nothing ever changes in Africa. If all the billions we have sent them for the various reasons actually changed things I would feel a whole lot better about sending more.

Its just fustrating. Liberals think throwing money at problems solve the problem but it never does.

Hilary is quickly trying to act like she is sympathetic and nice now,
to divert attention from her latest outburst.

They are actually pulling her outburst on some sites I visited.

I guess the Clinton Machiine think it reveals her real side too much.

She is a nasty, nastiest Secretary of State ever!

You go Bill!

I don't know why we are always giving money to Africa and nothing ever changes in Africa. If all the billions we have sent them for the various reasons actually changed things I would feel a whole lot better about sending more.

Its just fustrating. Liberals think throwing money at problems solve the problem but it never does.

President Bush tripled (I believe) US aid to Africa during his term. We did see clear trade benefits come from this.

The only reason we should spend any money in Africa is if we are getting something for it that our constitution allows the gov to buy.

The constitution does not allow us to spend US taxpayer money for the benefit of the citizens of another country. It does allow the gov to spend taxpayer money to defend this country.

So will jail for rapists (or whatever) in Africa make the US more secure? It might. But that would be a stretch. It also might be a better use of defense funds to just make useful aircraft.

President Bush tripled (I believe) US aid to Africa during his term. We did see clear trade benefits come from this.

I did not know that, but that is not what I was thinking about.

All the billions we have sent for HIV stuff, food, water I could go on an on. Done by the government and also done by christian groups and they still have bad water, no food and curruption.

Why was there no pipe line laid ages ago to stop the water/food problem?

I think because most of the money we send to them never actually reach the people, it ends up in the pockets of fat cats.

But if we got good trade deals then I guess that is something, its for sure more than I ever thought we got. Though I personally do not think helping always has to have something in it for us... I am ok with helping for the sake of helping... just not stupidly by giving money to people who wont use it the way we wanted it used.

I did not know that, but that is not what I was thinking about.

All the billions we have sent for HIV stuff, food, water I could go on an on. Done by the government and also done by christian groups and they still have bad water, no food and curruption.

Why was there no pipe line laid ages ago to stop the water/food problem?

I think because most of the money we send to them never actually reach the people, it ends up in the pockets of fat cats.

But if we got good trade deals then I guess that is something, its for sure more than I ever thought we got. Though I personally do not think helping always has to have something in it for us... I am ok with helping for the sake of helping... just not stupidly by giving money to people who wont use it the way we wanted it used.

I am fine with helping for the sake of helping when it is the private groups that you mention. But helping citizens of a foreign country for he sake of helping is not authorized in the constitution.

I am fine with helping for the sake of helping when it is the private groups that you mention. But helping citizens of a foreign country for he sake of helping is not authorized in the constitution.

I should have been more clear, I did not mean with federal tax money. I mean the Christian childrens fund and other groups like this.

When we are taxed it should be for very limited things like protecting our country and the other things laid out in the constitution.

I think that we might have have some programs like USDA but I think we need reform in them.

I do not want a big government but I do understand why we have some things like the USDA programs like that.

Werbung:
Seventeen million what? Condoms? Armed guards? Men who don't rape women? What

So sorry. I thought that the title of the thread "Good use of American MONEY, was self explanatory.

Back