1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

GOP Billboard

Discussion in 'Political Humor' started by Popeye, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Here's a billboard going up around the twin cities in anticipation of the GOP convention. I wonder how many faces we'll see on the convention floor that aren't white?

[​IMG]

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

ahh republicans are racist?

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Is there some quota that must be met to make you happy?

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

I think you know the answer to that question, they certainly appeal to that segment of society. However, continue your denial if it makes you feel better.

No, but the sight of the traditional all white GOP convention is most telling. It also confirms what I have stated previously...the Republican Party is a safe haven for racists.

5. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I am only asking because I want to make sure that Pocket pays attention. He seems to think its just mean old conservatives who say mean things about Obama and libs in general. i want him to notice that the mud is thrown from both ends to both conservatives and the candidates they support.

you can keep calling me a racist, I think its great. I am getting used to it.

6. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

It only becomes racist if they actively block any "colored" people from attending or forcibly keep them out of the party. None of which is true.

And for being a party of racists, it is interesting that we had Rice and Powell.

7. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

All your party ever points to is Powell, Rice, and Clarence Thomas...Wow! Three whole black faces, what a triumph! Meanwhile the fact remains that presently there is not even one elected black governor, senator or house member from the Republican Party.

That's hardly a coincidence, starting with Nixon's southern strategy the GOP became the party that condoned racism and happily accepted the racist vote.

8. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Black GOP Elected Officials
    Eat your lies....
    [​IMG]

9. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

School board members? Vice Mayors? Had to dig deep didn't you? Man, all you're doing is making my point....the GOP is shockingly devoid of black faces. Show me a governor, a senator, a house member.

10. GenSeneca

I guess you're not able to see bold print.... :rolleyes:

11. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Some proof that these people are actively blocked?

It is not racist if a white guy runs against a black guy and the white guy wins.

12. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

And I guess you need to take a class in reading comprehension, I mean on the federal level. Those that you highlighted are all state offices and even then you're still in single digits. I'll make myself clearer...show me a black Republican governor or a black Republican member of Congress.

13. GenSeneca

Ok, I understand you cannot admit you lied... so you're moving the goal post by specifying federal level. Thats pretty much what I expect from you anyway.

Moving the goalpost, also known as raising the bar or the moving goalpost, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion.

14. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Hey, I'm still waiting...where is that elusive black Republican governor or congressman? C'mon now, in a party as "inclusive" as the GOP there must be at least one.

15. GenSeneca

the fact remains that presently there is not even one elected black governor, senator or house member from the Republican Party.--Your original goal post

Ok, I understand you cannot admit you lied... so you're moving the goal post by specifying federal level. Thats pretty much what I expect from you anyway.

Moving the goalpost, also known as raising the bar or the moving goalpost, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion.