GOP Panicking?

Reddie

Trump might be a Republican but it's obvious the party bigwigs have never liked and that won't change. As predictions of the demise of his candidacy get proved wrong as the days roll by and Trump still leading the polls the GOP must contend with possibility that he [Trump] just might get the GOP nomination.

How can Trump be stopped is one question Republicans are asking themselves. An article I just read has a bold solution.

http://theweek.com/articles/591106/how-gop-stop-donald-trump-nothing
So here's the only way the party can defeat him: Do nothing.

It's the strategy of no strategy. It moves right to acceptance, saying that there just isn't anything that can be done about Trump. Maybe he does have a ceiling of 30 percent or so of the party (around where he is now in the polls), and if that's true, what Republicans need is an alternative. One alternative, not 12. Someone who can begin to consolidate that other 70 percent around him.
Would this strategy of doing nothing be the GOP's answer to a problem that has vexed them for a really long time?

Werbung:
They can pinch him out with super delegates much as HRC will secure her bid.
But they do have the issue of having no guy people like.

They can pinch him out with super delegates much as HRC will secure her bid.
But they do have the issue of having no guy people like.
Had they known Bush would perform as dismally as he has, they'd have tried hard as they could to get Romney to run. He'd have been the GOP's best candidate. I guess this presumption [that Bush would get the nomination] is what made them complacent and their complacency just might cost them the election.

Last edited:
Had they known Bush would perform as dismally as he has, they'd have tried hard as they could to get Romney to run. He'd have been the GOP's best candidate. I guess this presumption [that Bush would get the nomination] is what made them complacent and their complacency just might cost them the election.
He's not interested. Best man for the job though. He might accept being drafted.

In polling done in December 2007 Hillary Clinton commanded 45% of the vote in polling for the Democrats and Mike Huckabee and Rudy Giuliani were neck and neck for first place.

In polling done in the Republican primary in 2012 in December of 2011, Newt Gingrich had a 10 point lead.

The common thread here seems to be that none of them went on to become the nominee or the President.

In polling done in December 2007 Hillary Clinton commanded 45% of the vote in polling for the Democrats and Mike Huckabee and Rudy Giuliani were neck and neck for first place.

In polling done in the Republican primary in 2012 in December of 2011, Newt Gingrich had a 10 point lead.

The common thread here seems to be that none of them went on to become the nominee or the President.
far too early to be meaningful but that wont slow the speculation.

The Republican party is going to nominate whomever they please, whether the rest of us like it or not. They have been in the business of playing steppinfetchit for the Democrats for a long time. That's why the party conservatives are pissed off, and ready to abandon them! Some of us are tired of losing elections, or winning, only to find out that the guy we went to bat for turned out to be a Rhino. If they play politics this time, a lot of us just won't be voting. We'll just eliminate the middleman, and hand the election to the Libtards on a silver platter!

The Republican party is going to nominate whomever they please, whether the rest of us like it or not. They have been in the business of playing steppinfetchit for the Democrats for a long time. That's why the party conservatives are pissed off, and ready to abandon them! Some of us are tired of losing elections, or winning, only to find out that the guy we went to bat for turned out to be a Rhino. If they play politics this time, a lot of us just won't be voting. We'll just eliminate the middleman, and hand the election to the Libtards on a silver platter!
Hey let's leave rhinos out of this !
They are lovely critters.
RINOS on the other hand....
Sorry, big pachyderm fan here.

Hey let's leave rhinos out of this !
They are lovely critters.
RINOS on the other hand....
Sorry, big pachyderm fan here.
LOL I can't believe I said that! That's what happens when you get political after working 12 hours!

Jeb Bush got only 3% in the latest poll and their anointed son will never get the nomination no matter what he does. So Republicans will have to settle with Trump whose poll number soared to 35%.

Jeb Bush got only 3% in the latest poll and their anointed son will never get the nomination no matter what he does. So Republicans will have to settle with Trump whose poll number soared to 35%.
Stick a fork in Jeb.
Still don't think they will nominate trump but never say never.

Forget Jeb. Forget anyone with the name Bush or Clinton. Please. Can we at least have someone that looks like or pretends to be an "outsider" for a change? I'm sick of politics as usual, and from Trump's popularity, I'm guessing that a lot of other people are too.

Heh, one thing you have to give Trump, is that he's keeping things interesting.

To my Conservative friends, My biggest concern right now is.. The next President will be nominating a Supreme court Judge, Maybe two.. so no matter who it is.. I WILL NOT BE STAYING HOME!

Werbung:
To my Conservative friends, My biggest concern right now is.. The next President will be nominating a Supreme court Judge, Maybe two.. so no matter who it is.. I WILL NOT BE STAYING HOME!
That is one of my biggest concerns as well, the nomination of Supreme Court justices! People need to understand how important this is.

Back